Sending caches info to PDA

I think, but have not verified, that it depends on how you send the info to the PDA. Like you, I have recently started paperless caching, using a Palm Z21, GSAK and Cachemate. The first PQ I downloaded, I opened in GSAK and Cachemate separately, and, like you didn't get al the info transferred. After exploring GSAK at bit, I found that you can export a database to the PDA directly from GSAK. When you do it this way, everything that shows up in GSAK is transferred to the PDA, including any notes you have made in GSAK, like corrected coords, etc. The exporting process opens the HotSync program and saves the exported file ready for the next HotSync you perform.

Cachemate is still needed, but only to reside in the PDA to enable it to read the incoming file.

Hope this helps...

ve1bvd

OK, I am a newb to the Palm - never used one! I installed the GSAK software, palm software, created a file to export to the palm from GSAK. But how do I read the file information in the palm? I bought a used M125. Not sure what program in the Palm I am supposed to use? :rolleyes: