Motorcycle/car Parking, both?

It has struck me that although I enjoy speeding off in the car to the middle of nowhere to cache, I often find myself stuck on two wheels in an urban environment.

I know there's a lot of helpful people out there that put in parking coordinates for cars, but would it be too much to ask for cache setters to give parking coordinates for the nearest motorcycle bay, especially in LONDON??? I am thinking major cities and towns here, NOT the countryside :(

I know there's a lot of you guys that ride as well as drive, and because there's very little parking in London for four wheels I am thinking it's a great idea to promote 2 wheels.

No congestion charge

No parking Fees(yet, but that's a different forum)!

The downside I Am known to the local cops as a geocaching organ doner!!!!

Aiii

It has struck me that although I enjoy speeding off in the car to the middle of nowhere to cache, I often find myself stuck on two wheels in an urban environment.

I know there's a lot of helpful people out there that put in parking coordinates for cars, but would it be too much to ask for cache setters to give parking coordinates for the nearest motorcycle bay, especially in LONDON??? I am thinking major cities and towns here, NOT the countryside :(

I know there's a lot of you guys that ride as well as drive, and because there's very little parking in London for four wheels I am thinking it's a great idea to promote 2 wheels.

No congestion charge

No parking Fees(yet, but that's a different forum)!

The downside I Am known to the local cops as a geocaching organ doner!!!!

Aiii

Think yourself lucky to get Parking co-ords for cars let alone m/c bays.

I, for one, wouldn't have even considered doing this. In fact the only time I put Parking co-ords on the page are when I want cachers to start from a particular spot for the cache.

I can't see too many people doing that but I could be wrong.

Completely understand why some hiders would not want to put down parking coordinates for certain caches.

I put down parking coordinates for a couple of reasons, but would certainly not enforce this on anybody else.

I am merely saying if you place an urban cache and you want to give parking coordinates, can you also consider motorcycle bay parking coordinates?

As a biker for many years myself Fraser I see what you're after, but the reality is it's far easier to park a bike than a car, and not every cache even has car parking listed. I'd guess at 10% do, but for some half the fun of caching is finding the closest parking with access ;)

In a nutshell, I think you're asking too much. Sorry dude.

If parking co-ords are listed then does it matter what you park there? I agree with Paul that its much easier to park a bike than a car anywhere.

I dunno about you, but for me the idea of wandering about trying to find a cache while clutching my arai and sweating to death in my leathers is far less appealing then staying on the bike and going for a blast!

I don't put parking co ords on my pages because, in myexperience, car drivers will always want to park somewhere else!

As a cyclist and non car driver, far be it from me to tell them the best place. The only exception is when there really is only one place, or it's not advisable to go any closer than the given point.

I could list the best place to padlockyour bike though,and have done so on some of my caches :)