GW5

Degai

I thought there would be a thread about all of the things that happened at GW5 for all of us that did not go or who weren't personal friends with those that went who could tell us about any of the events or happenings there.

For those of us who have never been to anything like GW5, were there any cool events, happenings, funny stories that happened there? Does anyone want to post any pictures of new coins they saw, traded, or bought? Anyone they met or didn't meet that they wanted to? Was it what they expected? Any disasters? Would they recommend going to one of these mega events?

Anything anyone wants to say about GW5?

Just a curious geocoin collector, gathering information. . .

Most of my news was from Friday night, which was a blur. I ran the 2nd stop this year of the 2007 Geocoin Poker Challenge. The pot consisted of 162 geocoins (2 Lackeys, graciously donated by GS), and the geocoin poker chips totaled 206.

The top three finishers were:

1. "TnT"- Hallie -- Awarded 206 Gold Poker chip geocoins with GW5 design, plus ~60 geocoins from pot.

2. Anthus - John -- Awarded ~36 geocoins from pot

3. Jwucook -- Awarded ~24 geocoins from pot

It was a frenzy of poker activity, with a lot of people hanging on for dear life until the final minutes. Look for future updates, as we took lots of photos and I believe some video. All of the players in the tournament were awarded a LE Silver Poker Marker with GW5 design, just for playing.

Oh yeah, and the 3rd stop on the Tour is MWGB 2007 :(

I don't have time to post a lot now, I have to leave the house in about 10 minutes.

but I can tell you this... I spent way too much money at GW5.

Lots of neat coins. Got some coins from Castleman, Dorkfish, Oak Coins, Coins and Pins,

and others. We also traded alot of coins. My 12-year old daughter ended up trading most of the trading coins we brought with us at the Friday Night Geocoin Party at the Ramada. The weather was great, a little on the hot side, but there were alot of trees providing shade. The food was wonderful, the NC organizers did a great job with everything. If you get the chance to go to a GeoWoodstock, I would go. My daughter enjoyed it so much that she wants to go to GW6 in California next year. I'll post some pictures of the

coins later tonight.

Here's a few quick photos I took: http://www.stellarscapes.com/index_files/Page461.html

Edited by stellarscapes

I had the best time....and yes some of what happens at GW5....stays at GW5!! :(

But I can tell you I got to meet alot of the geocoin people here in the forums and that was great, got to see alot of people we had met at GCF again and that was great too.

The Friday night party was lots of fun! It was a coin trading frenzy! So many people in and out all night it was great. My hubby played poker and said that was lots of fun and he lasted a lot longer this time then in the first poker tourney.

The Saturday event was lots of fun also. More friends to meet and things to see. I bid and lost all the items in the Silent Auction. :( Did some volunteering at the registration booth and first aide. The NC folks were so nice. Our daughter even found a micro in someones pocket! (a coin contest) COOL! We finished the GW5 Bingo but they were out of prizes but we met lots of cool people doing that.

On Sunday hubby went on a numbers run as part of Team Backwards. They got 125 caches in about 11 hours. That is good but he was tired.

The best part of the whole weekend for me was when we hung out by the pool chatting with other cachers and each night hanging in the lobby and other people's rooms just chatting. That was the best!

I can not wait for MWGB! :ph34r:

I had the best time....and yes some of what happens at GW5....stays at GW5!! :(

But I can tell you I got to meet alot of the geocoin people here in the forums and that was great, got to see alot of people we had met at GCF again and that was great too.

The Friday night party was lots of fun! It was a coin trading frenzy! So many people in and out all night it was great. My hubby played poker and said that was lots of fun and he lasted a lot longer this time then in the first poker tourney.

The Saturday event was lots of fun also. More friends to meet and things to see. I bid and lost all the items in the Silent Auction. :( Did some volunteering at the registration booth and first aide. The NC folks were so nice. Our daughter even found a micro in someones pocket! (a coin contest) COOL! We finished the GW5 Bingo but they were out of prizes but we met lots of cool people doing that.

On Sunday hubby went on a numbers run as part of Team Backwards. They got 125 caches in about 11 hours. That is good but he was tired.

The best part of the whole weekend for me was when we hung out by the pool chatting with other cachers and each night hanging in the lobby and other people's rooms just chatting. That was the best!

I can not wait for MWGB! :ph34r:

can you put me in your suitcase for MWGB???

We had an absolute blast at GW5. Friday night was the poker tourney (I was surprised that the hubby lasted more than 1 round). We met Sonny & Sandy (PodCacher) - they are as nice in person as they sound! After Brian was booted from the poker table, we headed to the Ramada for both of the coin parties. The kids played with all of the craft stuff that we toted from home, while I visited and Brenda traded (I think a coin monster was created - help me!). Everyone was so nice! I don't think that we made it back to our room until 11:30...good thing the kids napped in the car!

The next day was full of caching, visiting, cooling off in the pool, and the event. The chow was awesome! We were fortunate enough to meet Jeremy, and sent him home with one of our antique bronze DD coins. The kids were too funny...for awhile, Brenda was an honorary member of the Anthus team while they did the scavenger hunt, and then we switched. Later, and Katlyn (one of the Anthus girls) became an honorary dragon and headed back to the event for dinner with us. We hung around for the coin trading...I was done, but Brenda still wanted to trade (I told you that a coin monster was created).

On Sunday, we did not participate in any of the runs...it just was not feasible with the kids. So, we relaxed at the pool and went to a kids' museum. Brenda & I stayed up late visiting with everyone in the lobby. It was so nice to sit and talk with everyone. Like the others said, I think that was my favorite part of the event.

Edited by DresselDragons

Hmm, we arrived Thursday around 9:30 pm after caching our way there. Friday we went out caching all day and then met nielsenc, avroair, dhenninger and some others in the Ramada lobby late afternoon to pick up some things and swap some things.

Headed over to the meet & greet event, checked in for poker and then picked up my registration stuff for GW5. I was out much earlier this time in poker than in Temecula. So after that I mingled with folks, watched some poker and traded some coins. Went over to the Oak Coins room at the Ramada after poker ended. Hung out there till Cymbaline made me leave, lol. The chicken fingers rocked :ph34r:

Saturday morning we went down to the event early to get some of the coins from the vendors first in case things were later sold out. Then headed out caching with Tasia & DIB. Went back to the event in the afternoon and checked in all the TBs I brought. Metup with Lyndsychris for a prearranged trade and basically spent a good portion of the day at a table near the Oak Coins booth with Marky & Joani, Mauison, Moop, Avroair, dhenninger and some others from the forums shooting the bull and swapping coins. Attended the coin trading thing until about 9 and then went out caching till about midnight. We left to come back to Atlanta on Sunday and cached all the way home.

Really happy to finally meet Mauison, Islander1988, PSUfan, Wsgaskins, Creacher and a few others who I only knew through emails/trades and whatnot. Was really great seeing old friends like Team Shy Dog, Ice Cream Man, kayakerinme/bhansen, Pepper, Avroair, dehenninger and the whole Temecula coin contingent again (Marky, Joani, Neilsenc, Castleman, etc, etc, etc) :(

Pepper and Nov64 came to Atlanta and I took them out for a caching run Monday afternoon. I was running on empty by that point :(

Had a fantastic time. NCGO did a great job. On the caching front, a few too many DNFs for my taste, but that's another rant. The trip was very tiring, but totally worth it. I think today is the first day I feel well rested. Can't wait for MWGB in July!

Edited by AtlantaGal

GW5 was better than we ever expected.

Friday was a really, really, long day. We both worked 1/2 a day and left Pittsburgh around 2:30, and got to the Ramada at 10 (great time for us!) By the time we got to the hotel, we were both tired, so we picked up my chicks and then headed next door to meet Christian and the Oakcoins folks. We picked up our GEOsmirks, YAY! We chatted with Christian and "The Shipper" for quite a while and then headed off to my cousin's house.

Saturday morning, after only about 5 hours of sleep, my 2 year old cousin woke us up at 6 am. We got up, got ready, and headed back to the fairgrounds. We got to meet fishingfools at registration (that darned bright red ammo can in the woods!!!) and then met lots of other coin folks during the day. The highlight of the morning was when we met Jeremy and got our very own Lackey coin!!!

We spent some of the afternoon caching, just did a few of the ones we hadn't already found (we visit Raleigh every few months) before coming back and working the travel bug table. We got to work with tasia and we met Atlantagal while we were there (another highlight of the weekend!!), and also got a chance to meet lots of other folks. We really enjoyed seeing all the bugs and coins that came in. We were also surprised with GW5 volunteer water bottles and coins!!!

After enjoying amazing food, we stuck around for the silent auction (got the Starbucks card and an ammo can) before heading back to my cousins' house. We were exhausted, and enjoyed relaxing with them.

We spent Sunday enjoying Raleigh (and Crazy Fire for lunch!!!) and did a little more caching. It was my 2 year old cousin's first caching adventures, and she had a blast.

Unfortunately, we headed home on Monday, but not before doing some caching for the newest Caching Place game. 12:30 am Tuesday, we got home, and by 7:30 am I was back to work...yuck.

Less than 2 months till the Geobash!

The Meet and Greet on the Friday afternoon (and evening) was a chance to just hang around talk with people and chat. I was walking around with my back bent sideways and my head tilted sideways to look at the name tags (talk about a headrush!). I had signed up for the B.I.N.G.O. contest but soon found out it was a poker tourney! :( Got some strange looks when I yelled bingo. There were over 500 people just at the meet and greet so it was a blur of meeting people. There wasn't much coin trading happening, just people saying hi and others watching the tourney as people started to drop out. One by one they fell (I think I placed 24th) until we had a final table. By 8 pm it was dark and the final table was moved under the light. The suspense was killing us, but finally, a winner emerged and the winnings were divided...

We had a blast at GW5 also! The was the first mega event that we've been able to attend.

We arrived in the wee hours of the morning on Friday. Friday night we attended the geocoin poker party. I had all intentions of being there until the geocoin parties at the Ramada started, but I hadn't accounted for the possibility that Mr. Anthus would make it all the way to 2nd place. Good thing I stuck around until the end for he would have had no clue on what coins to pick out from the pot. I had a blast meeting all you coin addicts at the poker event. A special thanks to prntr1 and Avroair for making sure I could watch the hubby at the final table and watch my two daughters at the same time. It was so nice to finally meet both of you. Congrats to Hallie for winning the game. You are one good poker player and a very nice person!! We wound up at the geocoin parties at 10:30 pm with only 1/2 hour left. I gave the little Anthus' (Katlyn and Sara) about 90% of my geochicks. I too think I've created little coin addicits. They loved trading them! They kept saying "these trades are mine; you cannot have them" lol They each have their own coin binders now. Oh my, what have I started :(

Katlyn and Brenda (DD's daughter) had such a great time playing together. So did Sara and Heather (DD's other daughter) and Pghlooking's daughter. I hope they all can get together and play again soon!

Saturday we went to the big event and met lots of other geocachers and coin addicts that we had only been talking with via forums and emails till now. We even got to talk a while with Jeremy and I had a chance to show off the laptop geocoin samples :( It was so nice to meet the coin brokers -- Coins and Pins, Oakcoins, and Hogwild Stuff. They were all so nice! I bought some coins and some pins during the event and even was able to snag one of Hogwild Stuff's GW5 LEs before they sold out. The kids did some of the kids activities and won a fan to cool themselves off on such a hot day.

Saturday night we went to the geocoin trading tent. I made a few good trades before it got too dark to see under the tent. Katlyn and Sara had a blast once again trading the geochicks and geopins. I want to especially thank all those that traded with them. You made the event a lot of fun for them!!

Sunday a bunch of us went out to breakfast. The Anthus team then did some caching at the art museum and then headed for Myrtle Beach for part 2 of our vaca. We are just now getting back to Pennsylvania with about another hour left to drive. We were able to cache in every state that we passed through on the way home from Myrtle Beach (SC, NC, VA, WV, MD). Yea!

I think I need a vaca from my vaca now... :ph34r:

I cannot wait to attend the next big event!

Anthus

GW5 was my first mega event, and I don't know how it could've gone better. The weather was great & so were the people. It was neat to meet Parents of SAM, Avroair, The Moop Along, Nielsenc, AtlantaGal, Dhenninger, Mtn-Man, Tennessee Jed, Fluttershy, Crazy Cave Lover, Pepper, 3Doxies, and so many more people I've traded with via mail and/or seen in the forums. And, of course, doing lots of trades! It took me hours to go through my scratch notes and update my coin database with what went out and what came in. Between what I bought and traded for I came home with over 80 new coins (regulars, micros, GeoTags, and Peeps). And that doesn't include all my GeoTags I picked up Friday night and hadn't traded by the end of the Saturday.

Yesterday & today I finally sat down and went through everything and have a lot of new shiny coins to admire. I didn't know what I might find when I went, but I'd have to say the biggest surprise was coming home with 2 Groundspeak Lackey coins. :( Getting two Coinfusion coins and an Indy Diver v.2 were also very welcome additions to the collection.

So, now I'm pumped for my next trip to a mega event, which will hopefully be the next GeoCoinFest, but we'll see.

Edited by islander1988

We arrived Friday night about 2 hours later than we should have. We got our rental car and

went straight to the Friday Night Meet & Great. The first stop was the registration tent so we

could pick up our registration packages for the big event on Saturday. The funny thing was that

we came several hundred miles to an event where several hundred people were attending, and

the first people we see on line in front of us were geocachers that live only 5 minutes away from

us in Pennsylvania! Spent some time at the meet & Greet and then went to our hotel (The Ramada)

to check in. Then we went down to the coin party. My daughter, Stellar Jr ended up doing alot

of trading and we also traded our peeps for alot of other peeps. Saturday was great. Spent several

hours in the morning at GW5 - bought some coins, including a mystery bag of coins which ended up

having alot of neat coins in it. Had to run to downtown Raleigh for a bit, found one cache, and then my

daughter wanted to spend some time in the hotel pool. Got back to GW5 around 2 PM and got some more

coins, took some pictures, met alot of people from all over the US and other countries. The food was great,

and the food lines were well organized and went quickly. Saw the OCB, my daughter won 2 ammo cans in

the silent auction. (We filled these with the coins we bought and they weighed a ton in my suitcase.).

Sunday we participated in the Numbers Run. We were part of Team Backwards. I've never done a

numbers run before and we had a great time. We had about a 15 car caravan going from cache to cache.

Since they wanted as few cars as possible on the numbers run, we invited a couple from Sweden to join us

in our car. We did 123 caches in about 12 hours and had a great time. Got back to the hotel, my daughter

went for a quick swim in the pool, packed our bags and got to bed around 11:00 PM. Woke up at 3:30 AM,

got ready and checked out of the hotel, drove downtown and returned the rental car at about 5 AM, got to

the train station for a 5:30 AM train (which turned out to be an hour late). Saw some giant cockroaches

crawling around outside that were about 3 inches long and put our bags on the benches so nothing crawled

in them. Got home at about 7:00 PM Monday evening. Had a great time - it was a very busy, but enjoyable

weekend. I still have to go through all my coins, but I snapped a few quick pictures. I didn't take

the coins out of their plastic sleeves, so the pictures aren't the best.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s161/stellarks/chicks.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s161/stellarks/coins1.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s161/stellarks/coins2.jpg

GW5 was my first mega event, and I don't know how it could've gone better. The weather was great & so were the people. It was neat to meet Parents of SAM, Avroair, The Moop Along, Nielsenc, AtlantaGal, Dhenninger, Mtn-Man, Tennessee Jed, Fluttershy, Crazy Cave Lover, Pepper, 3Doxies, and so many more people I've traded with via mail and/or seen in the forums. And, of course, doing lots of trades! It took me hours to go through my scratch notes and update my coin database with what went out and what came in. Between what I bought and traded for I came home with over 80 new coins (regulars, micros, GeoTags, and Peeps). And that doesn't include all my GeoTags I picked up Friday night and hadn't traded by the end of the Saturday.

Yesterday & today I finally sat down and went through everything and have a lot of new shiny coins to admire. I didn't know what I might find when I went, but I'd have to say the biggest surprise was coming home with 2 Groundspeak Lackey coins. <_< Getting two Coinfusion coins and an Indy Diver v.2 were also very welcome additions to the collection.

So, now I'm pumped for my next trip to a mega event, which will hopefully be the next GeoCoinFest, but we'll see.

I think that Brenda met more people than I during her trading frenzy. I can kind-of track who she met thru the coins she has...the one that comes to mind is the Islander1988 geotag. It is pretty cool that she traded for it, since it matches the geocoin the we recently won from Islander1988!

Thought I would write about our GW5 experience!

We headed down from IL with Dorkfish, and CastleMan - all of us driving down in a minivan.

Getting there WAS half the fun - we had some interesting conversations - and saw some neat sights.

Stopped in Wytheville... where I ate and got food poisioning. LOL

We hit a few events, and met some GREAT people who I was really looking forward to meeting - and also met some folks I didn't know about till we arrived. We cached, ate good food, hung out, and just generally had a great time.

CastleMan, Dorkfish, and myself (Paula) also played in the Poker game - I so didnt want to be the first of our group eliminated, and despite my feeling like crap, and having been dealt some of the worst hands Ive EVER had - I DID make it to the final table. (Where I promptly lost the remainder of my chips!) But, I was glad to have made it!

Friday night at the Geocoin party was great... met some FANTASTIC folks, and made some EXCELLENT trades!

By Saturday, I felt better - thank goodness. I got to meet Jeremy, and will TRY and list some of the folks I wanted to meet badly, and did... here goes:

Fluttershy, Crazycavelover, Anthus, Avroair, The Moop Along, ParentsOfSam, tasia, UOTrackers, Marky and Joani, those great guys from Oakcoins, and Steve from Hogwildstuff (Sharon too of course!!!), MaxB on the River, 3Doxies, Kayakerinme, NeonCacher, Crake, DresselDragons, and soooooooooo many, many more! (I dont want to leave anyone out - but I know I will!)

I spent most of the day Saturday at the vendor table with my hubby, but we still got to meet alot of great folks while we sold our GW5 Sunburst coins. (Silver is the LE, by the way!)

So, for me - thanks goes to CastleMan for bringing us along - what started out as a late phone conversation "Are you guys going to GW5?" turned into one hell of an adventure. We met some new friends, and became even BETTER friends with the folks we went with. (Dorkfish and CastleMan are two of the funnest cachers to hang around with - I have some pretty good stories Ill always look back and laugh at!)

Congrats to Fluttershy and her gals for putting on one heck of a Geocoin party - we only caught the last 5 minutes of it or so, but it was great. I was SOO happy to meet her in person - shes even better than on the forums! (If you could bundle up and package sweetness, Fluttershy would be it!!) And Crazycavelover felt like a long lost sister, even though we had only seen each other in passing on the forums - shes an easy person to feel a bond with!! (13 and 69!)

Wow.... what an excellent group of people we have in Geocoins. Im lucky to have met so many of them.

I wish it had lasted longer... and while Im glad to be home - I cant wait to talk to everyone again already!

Paula

Edited by CinemaBoxers

It sounds like everyone had such a great time! Thanks for taking the time to share the goings on! It was fun reading about your trips to get there, the people you met, and the activities you did.

I hope I will be able to go next time!

The Meet and Greet on the Friday afternoon (and evening) was a chance to just hang around talk with people and chat. I was walking around with my back bent sideways and my head tilted sideways to look at the name tags (talk about a headrush!). I had signed up for the B.I.N.G.O. contest but soon found out it was a poker tourney! :o Got some strange looks when I yelled bingo. There were over 500 people just at the meet and greet so it was a blur of meeting people. There wasn't much coin trading happening, just people saying hi and others watching the tourney as people started to drop out. One by one they fell (I think I placed 24th) until we had a final table. By 8 pm it was dark and the final table was moved under the light. The suspense was killing us, but finally, a winner emerged and the winnings were divided...

Avroair...I'm so done with you! :ph34r:

Oh my gosh I'm home and I had a blast on that 8 day road trip (3168 miles) :lol: . This woodstock ROCKED big time so much room and so many friends. TMA of course out did himself at the tourney and the side party and coin trading just outside the poker tent was fun too. Needless to say that was the by far the largest meet and greet I have ever attended. :P Oak Coins put on a nice shing-dig at the Ramada afterwards that was fun too and oh by the way thanks for the hot food just what a girl needed after a long day of driving and socializing.

The BIG event was off the hook fun, so many people and so many hugs I was a happy cacher for sure. When I finally get around to logging the event I'll have LOTS a great pics to share.

A few things come to mide...TB's even TB's you could take a ride in, Coins oh my gosh so many coins (good fun), loads of friends to hang out with and plenty of shade!

The quilt I donated to the silent auction went for 550.00 dollars I think the NCGA was happy about that...hopefully it helped out with unforseen expenses. AtlantaGal was a gracious host for a day caching in her area was just what Pepper needed. Thanks girl!

See y'all next year in Cali

Pepper

We had a blast all weekend. Met so many people I could not begin to list them. Thank you so much for all the friendly words everyone had for Hallie after the event. We are very proud of him. He is now hooked on coins and caching. Glad this week did it, he had not been excited about it till now. Getting 14 yr old boy excited can be interesting. :o Traded over 100 coins, can't wait to get to MWGB and trade some more. Tank and i are very glad we decided to make the trip down. And quick_at_em and waddles_alot say hello to everyone also.

This GW was very well organized. There was plenty of room for the around 2000 people who attended at some point during the day on Saturday to mill around, trade, talk, galk, or just sit and watch the action.

It was realy interesting to watch the kids who were playing in the BINGO game running around asking who was wearing a thong :)

The Documentary screening Friday night was a nice touch. Guess I now know why I saw Ventura Kids hiding under that picnic table. :D

Friday night at the Ramada, I got to sit in the "geocoin widow and widower's corner" and talk with some of the other "widder's". Had a very nice conversation with Cymbaline and the He-Doxie there.

Commiseration is always much better in numbers :)

I didn't get to socialize as much as I would have liked. There was just too many people there and I didn't seem to have enough time to talk, with all that was going on. However, I did get to meet some new people and catch up with some old friends from far away.

I only got to cache one day out of the 3 we were there, but that was just fine with me. It was a nice balance. We laughed so much we had Chunky Chipmunk rolling on the floor of the car and Altosaxplayer entertained us via his geocaching name change abilities :)

Thankfully, Chunky got all the ticks and Poison Ivy on her and I didn't get any. B)

Oh, and I never thought I would see a group of geocachers be as quiet a church mice until it came to making sure they didn't miss the bewiching hour to hear the "voice from the great beyond" tell them where the cache was at "Midnight" B) You could have heard a pin drop out in those woods when the clock struck 12:00 am !

One thing that I did notice... everyone who attended seemed to be in a positive mood. All seemed to be having a great time doing whatever it was that interested them. I didn't hear one negative comment from anyone that I talked to. Quite a feat with that many in attendence for sure.

I know Itchy (Tennessee Jed) and Pepper were estatic when they found out how much the quilt they had worked so hard on for the last 3 months, went for $550.00 in the silent auction. It sold for higher than any other item in the auction by far. B) It was a fitting tribute to all the work and logistic planning they had done just to make the quilt a reality.

The food was very good and the lines moved lighning quick. Was nice to see Jeremy and Shauna taking time out to volunteer in the serving line.

Since the GW6 venue was announced at GW5, I guess we are on a quest to save enough gas money to make it to the left coast next year.

What a cache run it will be making our way 2500 miles cross country to see what the West Coast Geocaching Community has in store for us! :(

A little late but I thought I would post my experience(s) from GW5.

Like CinemaBoxers said, road down from Chicago with them & Castle Man in a rented minivan. Driving along the way day sure made me miss the mountains in Idaho. It was an experience as I'd never driven through these areas before. I'm sure the Ozarks would have been very pretty in the fall. We stopped at a visitors center in West Virginia & picked up a visitors catalog. I'd like to return one day to visit some of those really neat places shown in there.

We arrived Thursday evening and did a few caches along the way. Had some DNF's but I think we found more than we didn't find. That night I attended the event at the pub. Ate some good food & mingled with folks. I even met my good friend Kayakerinme. Neither one of us had any idea the other would be attending GW5, so it was a big show of hugs when we realised who the other one was. Definately the highlight of my trip. That night Castle Man & I enjoyed a late night of geocaching. With only a flashlight we went after a cache that was in a woodsy type environment. By some miracle we happened to find a cache & on the way back I fell it a hole. It was extremely funny. No injuries here!

On Friday I went over to Fluttershy & CrazyCaveLovers room & hung out for a couple of hours. It was fun visiting with Marky & Joanie, Rivercity (thank you for the trades for your amazing coin!), Christian from OakCoins, and a few others (sorry the names elude me right now). Made some great trades & purchased some coins too. Overall I had a wonderful time meeting this folks in person. I can't remember but I think we went caching for awhile & then barely made it in time to play poker that evening. Finished 10th out of 40. Apparently I knocked out the first person, Mrs. IceCreamMan. I felt really bad. I got to sit next to WSGaskings & TNT for awhile & had wonderful conversations with both. I really enjoyed visiting with all the folks at the tables I sat at and watching them take all my chips. After that I Castle Man, CrazyCaveLover, DHenninger, Avroair & Kayakerinme did some late night caching until about 4am. We only found 6 caches and then went to IHOP for an early breakfest. This was definately the highlight of my trip as I got to hang out with some really neat folks.

Saturday morning I slept in, which proved to be a financial mistake. I showed up at my vendor table pretty late but still managed to sell quite a few coins. The best part of visiting with all the folks who stopped by to say hi. Unfortunately we didn't stick around for the coin trading event, which was pretty upsetting to me. Instead we had a really nice dinner with Fluttershy & CrazyCaveLover.

I met some incredible folks & made some amazing trades. I did turn down some trades which I still feel guilty about. I think there were only 3 folks out there and if they read this I would absolutely love to trade with you. I learned something very important though, I will never again set up a vendor table at another event like this. I missed out on visiting with so many people. At GW6 you won't see me standing behind a table peddling my coins. Instead I'll be mingling with the rest of you. It seems so far away and I really wish the next one would hurry up and get here!

I met some really wonderful people & made some lifelong friends. Overall it was an absolutely amazing experience & I'd do it again in a heartbeat! - sorry for any typos, I'm sure they exist :anitongue: