Garmin Communicator & GPS Map 60CSx

I signed into geocaching.com this morning and noticed for the first time a feature had been added to download caches directly to a Garmin GPS. I believe this is done through the new Garmin Communicator Plugin.

I am guessing it does this by sending them to the unit in GPX format but my question is where does it send them to on the unit (garmin 60CSx)? Does it put them on the card as custom POI's or does it put them on as Geocaching waypoints? If it puts them on as waypoints this would limit them to 1000 whereas POI's would be unlimited.

Thanks for any advice as I know nothing about this new feature.

As it stands, waypoints. GC number as it's name, and the title of the cache as the note. I doubt you'd want to click this link more than 1000 times though. Pocket Queries are still the way to go.

It's not so much the 1000 waypoint limit that is annoying it is the fact that if I am going to use this feature with GSAK and the Garmin POI loader it will put the caches in 2 different locations. This is something Garmin needs to straigten out. As it stands right now the geocaching features on the units are useless if you use GSAK and the POI Loader as it puts them in as custom POI's and does not offer the geocaching features of the unit to custom POI's. In my opinion a massive oversight especially as I have to use GSAK and POI loader due to the fact that I travel to so many different areas I need to store well over 1000 caches in my unit.

Thanks for the info.

It would be very nice if the Custom POI feature would simply work just like additional waypoints. I'd definitely use it much more if that was the case. I'd be great if you could just specify that the unit writes any waypoints to the microSD card instead of its own memory, and just treat those as waypoints.

The bummer about the Custom POIs is the fact that you can't use the caching features, as you mentioned... and that they won't show up on the screen unless you are zoomed in really close, bringing up every other POI in the area.

As it stands, waypoints. GC number as it's name, and the title of the cache as the note. I doubt you'd want to click this link more than 1000 times though. Pocket Queries are still the way to go.

It's not so much the 1000 waypoint limit that is annoying it is the fact that if I am going to use this feature with GSAK and the Garmin POI loader it will put the caches in 2 different locations. This is something Garmin needs to straigten out. As it stands right now the geocaching features on the units are useless if you use GSAK and the POI Loader as it puts them in as custom POI's and does not offer the geocaching features of the unit to custom POI's. In my opinion a massive oversight especially as I have to use GSAK and POI loader due to the fact that I travel to so many different areas I need to store well over 1000 caches in my unit.

Thanks for the info.