Morrow Mountain State Park - Albemarle NC

dive4cb

They are not allowed at Morrow Mountain State Park, however just a few miles East of there are some great caches in Uwharrie National Forest if you like to hike. Look for GCHJFD, GCHJF4, GCHJFF, GCH9B0, and GC555. You could still stay at Morrow Mountain State Park and just drive a few minutes to the parking area for all of these. GCH9B0 has parking coordinates listed in the cache description. GC555 is a very old cache and will take a while to get to as if I remember correctly is about 3 miles into the forest.

By the way, I was just camping at Morrow Mountain State Park with the Scouts two weeks ago in the primitive camping area, nice park.

They are not allowed at Morrow Mountain State Park, however just a few miles East of there are some great caches in Uwharrie National Forest if you like to hike. Look for GCHJFD, GCHJF4, GCHJFF, GCH9B0, and GC555. You could still stay at Morrow Mountain State Park and just drive a few minutes to the parking area for all of these. GCH9B0 has parking coordinates listed in the cache description. GC555 is a very old cache and will take a while to get to as if I remember correctly is about 3 miles into the forest.

By the way, I was just camping at Morrow Mountain State Park with the Scouts two weeks ago in the primitive camping area, nice park.

Thanks for the info dss. I hope to have time to check it out.