Cachelistings in English

Skallagrimsson

Next week I am going for a business-trip to Lisbon. So I checked up if there were some nearby caches. And it was. But it was with great sorry I discovered that all litsings were written in Portugeese only. So my GPSr will be left at home.

So please write a summary of the listings, and hints in English if yopu want foreign visitors.

Hi,

First of all, we do hope you have a pleasant stay in Lisbon, Portugal.

You must have had back luck while looking at the listings. Although there are some cache listings written in English only, we can assure you that are PLENTY of them written in Portuguese and English. There are many caches in Lisbon like that, and the ones that don't have a translation, some have a like to an automatic translator (sometimes helps...) and the contact of the owner. So if you have any trouble, contact them.

For example, which caches would you like to search that don't have a portuguese translation?

Hi,

hope you have a pleasant journey in Lisbon.

You must have had some bad luck with the caches you choose because, as far as i know, most of the cache listings in Portugal either have an english translation, an automatic translation (wich as Sup3rFM said it´s not the best solution but...) or the owner contact for any doubt foreign cachers may have.

So bring your GPS with you and contact us for any doubt you may have.

Regards

Alberto aka manchanegra

That's false

Try to translate some of almeidara's mistery caches (some of which populate Lisbon downtown). Impossible.

We once tried to get translation for some of the caches which remain written in portuguese. None of these bastards accepted to include the translated text. In my point of view, these caches don't deserve the place they're taking.

I'd gladly give geocachers coordinates for the final location of some downtown caches. Let them just ask for them.

(hey, I got a cache without proper translation - but am working on it - and it's a regular cache, just go to the published coordinates and BAM!)

Edited by btrodrigues

Hello!

It was a good trip to lisbon. We signed the contract as we wanted. Unfourtanley, I did not see much of Lisbon. It was strictly business. The trip was like this: airport-hotel-restaurant-hotel-meeting-hotel-restaurant-hotel-airport. No time for caching anyway.

Hopefully I will be back for some follow-up for the project near Porto. Hopefully I woøø have some time for caching then. B)

Hello.

I can see lots of caches in Portuguese and English and I think its a good idea to have both languages.

But this is not really so important. In fact if you use correct portuguese anyone can translate it online - very easy.

I had last September an interesting experience when I went to Praga for a few days.

I only choose 3 the caches that had an English translation, just to leave a TB.

But the next true story can teach something: accidently we found in a garden a sheet of paper and looking carefully we saw it was a cache list of 12 caches. Micro difficult letter and of course in Czech.

For the hints we asked for an English translation in the stores and passing by folks.

Most of those people didnt talk English and many didnt understood the letter that was written.

A very good fight ... we did 6 of those that were nearby.

In Portugal we say: "quem tem unhas toca guitarra" (who has nails can play guitar).

A special thank to my wife and eldest son that werent embarrassed of doing such silly figures:)

Edited by btt