Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie River

AndrewRJ

Ok here is the plan, since the forest service aparently has planed on closing the last 8 miles of NF-56 which travels up the middle fork of the Snoqualmie River; I along with several others, and anyone else who joins us, plan on hitting as many of the caches as we can along the road this Saturday.

I am thinking a 8 am start time, with us meeting at the ranger station in North Bend located at

42404 SE North Bend Way

North Bend, WA 98045

where anyone who needs a NWFS pass can get one for $5 for the day. Keep in mind that this road is not kept up increadibly well, one of the reasons they are closing the last 8 miles, and passenger cars may have a few rough spots, your mileage and concern for your cars undercarage may vary, but I am sure some carpooling can be done.

The furthest out on the road is A Drive In The Woods #5- A River Runs Trough It GCNDKP, I think.

Anyone interested?

What time do you think you'll finish up?

If we finish up early perhaps a trip up the North Fork would result in a few more caches :D

8AM is going to be tough for me... I'm a night person now and thats pretty close to bed-time :D but I'll be making every effort to be there.

Edited by Right Wing Wacko

I figure this will be a mid afternoon wrapup for the easy caches, there are hikes that leave from various trailheads along the road but I don't thing that we will be doing any of those, most are 3 star or higher.

I also saw that there is a new "drive in the woods" cache on the North Fork as well.

I figure this will be a mid afternoon wrapup for the easy caches, there are hikes that leave from various trailheads along the road but I don't think that we will be doing any of those, most are 3 star or higher.

I also saw that there is a new "drive in the woods" cache on the North Fork as well.

OK I'm in, then. Need to be back in Kent by 4:00, but that sounds doable.

I'm gonna try and be there. If there's too much walking, I'll be the one getting some sun while I read/write/wait on you guys. :(

I'd offer my van, but the seating arrangement is weird because of the lift, not to mention it would be prone to bottoming out on the roads in question.

Good lord that is early. Just thinking about it at this time.

Can someone give me a hint on how much walking is involved?

Rec

There shouldn't be much for the ones off the road. I don't think any of us were planning on doing the hikes.

Colour me interested.

95% chance I'm in.

Just have to get one more coat of paint on the walls tomorrow afternoon.

I do need to be back somewhat early, 4ish or so. I still have lots of trim to get up and I need to dig the refrigerator we bought 3 years ago, that's still in the box, out of the garage, I know it's in there someplace. :rolleyes:

Do you peeps ever bring picanic lunches on these outings? I do, but my circumstances are a little unusual. Has the final itinerary been decided? Inquiring minds want to know. B)

Bringing your own food is the only way of guaranteeing that you get to eat! :D I usually bring something for lunch, but will gladly chuck it if a better opportunity comes along.

The furthest out on the road is A Drive In The Woods #5- A River Runs Trough It GCNDKP, I think.

Anyone interested?

I did a PQ centered on this for 100 caches. Can I assume that will hit all the ones we will be doing tomorrow?

I'll probably throw some food in the car however if we decide to dine out I'd willingly save it for later.

Edited by Recdiver

Do you peeps ever bring picanic lunches on these outings? I do, but my circumstances are a little unusual. Has the final itinerary been decided? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Bringing your own food is the only way of guaranteeing that you get to eat! B) I usually bring something for lunch, but will gladly chuck it if a better opportunity comes along.

There is that Starbucks about 15 mile up the Middel Fork road at the corner of nowhere and obscurity. B)

Do you peeps ever bring picanic lunches on these outings? I do, but my circumstances are a little unusual. Has the final itinerary been decided? Inquiring minds want to know. B)

Bringing your own food is the only way of guaranteeing that you get to eat! :( I usually bring something for lunch, but will gladly chuck it if a better opportunity comes along.

There is that Starbucks about 15 mile up the Middel Fork road at the corner of nowhere and obscurity. B)

:D:o:D

Wait...you are kidding, right? B)

B)

Hey that sound great Moun10bike, and peznurse you are always welcolm.

I planned on bringing a quick lunch for myself. There isn't any food oportunity once we leave North Bend unless we make it back by lunch time but that will probibly be stretching it.

How are we looking for vehical space?

Recdiver, 100 unfound caches from A drive in the woods 5 just makes it by a .1 of a mile. You may want to try at least 200.

I will probibly be checking this thread a few time between now and 10pm when I plan on going to bed. See you all tomorrow.

Bringing your own food is the only way of guaranteeing that you get to eat! B) I usually bring something for lunch, but will gladly chuck it if a better opportunity comes along.

:oB):D

Wait...you are kidding, right? :D

:(

what? the bears and other wildlife need their coffee as well don't they? I am sure they pay with what they mug from the hikers in the area.