Trouble with Geocash points on Explorist

I am having trouble getting geocash points to work on my Explorist 400. I download the .loc files and put them in the appropriate folder on the SD card, boot up the GPS, try to load the file, only to find that it is not in the folder I put it in, or any other folders.

I would really love to start geocashing (I got the unit for my birthday, and my girlfriend and I would really love to do some points around the area).

Please help!

Thanks!

Are you loading them onto the SD card? The default folder locations are in internal memory, and I know I was one who first was befuddled at knowing I had loaded a file but couldn't see it when I looked at what turned out to be the wrong location.

If this is the case, keep navigating up a level until you can choose between internal and SD memory.

Are you loading them onto the SD card? The default folder locations are in internal memory, and I know I was one who first was befuddled at knowing I had loaded a file but couldn't see it when I looked at what turned out to be the wrong location.

If this is the case, keep navigating up a level until you can choose between internal and SD memory.

I checked in both the Internal Memory and the SD card.

I didn't think the eXplorist read the .LOC file format. I thought you needed to use another tool to generate the eXplorist Geocache files (.GS) for it. I use GSAK for this, but I once used the software that came with my eXplorist.

Additionally, if you use GSAK, then you might want to consider using the GPX file format for your downloads. You get much more information in the file that way.

Explorists will not recognize loc files. You can put .upt files in the My POIs folder, or .gs files in the My Geocaches folder. There should have been an included utility called Geocache Manager that came with your Explorist. GSAK will do the conversion (and much more), too.