Garmin Topo Maps and using "find" on the GPS

I'm curious if anybody has compiled a list of the different POI types and if they are searchable on your Garmin GPSr. I bring this up because I loaded US TOPO 24K National Parks, Central v3 on my GPSMAP 60Cx and noticed that using the find function for "Attractions" or "Recreation" did not return any results. However if you use the find function in MapSource, you do get results.

I recently ran into a similar problem with a custom map I map for this GPS reciever. Using GPSMapEdit and cGPSmapper, I first encoded a bunch of State Parks as:

[POI]

Type=0x4900

Label=XXXXX State Park

Data0=(AA.AAA,-BB.BBB)

[END]

However if you compile this map using cGPSmapper, you can not use the find function on the GPSr. I changed all the POI's to this to make them work properly with the find function:

[POI]

Type=0x2c06

Label=XXXXX State Park

Data0=(AA.AAA,-BB.BBB)

[END]

Did Garmin make the same mistake I did with US TOPO 24K National Parks, Central v3?

Is there a list to show which POI types are not searchable? and which are searchable? For instance what POI types make up the find "Geographic Points"?

P.S. The cGPSmapper user manual has a section labeled POI types and even has a table showing all of the values, but it doesn't show if it is "find" freindly on the gps or not and it doesn't tell you what category it will show up in when you need to "find" it.

Well I think I partially answered my question but I am still unsure on what POI types are NOT searchable on your gpsr.

I surmise that when you "find" "Geographic Points" that those points are

Code (Hex) Filter (Decimal) GPS Description

• 0x6400 100 Manmade Feature
  • all other 0x64XX types
  • 0x6500 101 Water Feature
  • all other 0x65XX types
  • 0x6600 102 Land Feature
  • all other 0x66XX types

These 6400 through 66XX numbers are searchable on your GPSr. It would appear that 0x4900 is not however. Anybody have any thoughts?!?!

Well I think I partially answered my question but I am still unsure on what POI types are NOT searchable on your gpsr.

I surmise that when you "find" "Geographic Points" that those points are

Code (Hex) Filter (Decimal) GPS Description

• 0x6400 100 Manmade Feature
  • all other 0x64XX types
  • 0x6500 101 Water Feature
  • all other 0x65XX types
  • 0x6600 102 Land Feature
  • all other 0x66XX types

These 6400 through 66XX numbers are searchable on your GPSr. It would appear that 0x4900 is not however. Anybody have any thoughts?!?!

The 0x31xx to 0x63xx types aren't searchable on the gps.