What do you think? Kinda Tacky?

I have somehow came up with an extra camo box lid. I have thought about sticking a magnetic key holder on it and placeing it as a cache out in the woods just laying next to a tree with the magnetic key holder stuck under it. It would look like a muggled cache but it wouldn't be because the cache was still there. What do you think? Bad idea? or what? :blink:

I have somehow came up with an extra camo box lid. I have thought about sticking a magnetic key holder on it and placeing it as a cache out in the woods just laying next to a tree with the magnetic key holder stuck under it. It would look like a muggled cache but it wouldn't be because the cache was still there. What do you think? Bad idea? or what? :blink:

Hrm, so long as it wasn't mistaken for trash were the 'cache' to be left out in the open to make it looked muggled. Of course, if you did that, it might GET muggled.

On the other hand, well-hidden, it might be kinda funny.

I have somehow came up with an extra camo box lid. I have thought about sticking a magnetic key holder on it and placeing it as a cache out in the woods just laying next to a tree with the magnetic key holder stuck under it. It would look like a muggled cache but it wouldn't be because the cache was still there. What do you think? Bad idea? or what? :(

Just get rid of the lid and leave the magnetic micro and say that it is a magnetic micro in the description. Just cause it is magnetic doesnt mean it is stuck to something. :blink:

Someone suggested that I try a similar idea with an old ammo can I brought to GW5. It had been eaten by a bushhog and was unfixable outside of having a machine bend it back into place.

The guy suggested that I put a small micro in it, almost to the point where it would be unseen, and go from there.

My first thought was a joke:

"I can see the log now. 'Cache was destroyed. Took cache remains, awaiting contact from owner.' "

It's a good idea, but you have to make it obvious what's going on. Metacaching has the potential to be very annoying :blink:

E - V - I - L

But I like it. A totally destroyed log book....shreds...would be cool but someone might try and sign a very little piece of paper and then log it....or they might replace the book or add one to the cache that people try and log. There might need to be a code in the real log book that they have to know to count it.

In any case pure evil

AmishHacker

Forget the key holder. Just place the lid. People will log it as a find anyway.

What about leaving a silver Sharpie (maybe with a magnet glued to it) so the finders just sign the lid!

(Edited for punctuation)

How would you come up with another lid when the "log" is full? :(

I think I would try to attach the lid to something else. Maybe like a hollowed out log or something.

I have somehow came up with an extra camo box lid. I have thought about sticking a magnetic key holder on it and placeing it as a cache out in the woods just laying next to a tree with the magnetic key holder stuck under it. It would look like a muggled cache but it wouldn't be because the cache was still there. What do you think? Bad idea? or what? :(

I've never heard of a hide like that. Originality is something much prized in geocaching. DO IT! :(

I recently went in search of a cache hidden in a small neighborhood park. At GZ I saw an electric service with a j-box cover, which I recognized as a cache. I touched it and sure enough, it was held in place by magnets. I took it off expecting to find a log book. Instead, I saw a note saying "Not A Cache." Further searching revealed a cache a few feet away.

That being said: go for it.