60csx + Garmin Communicator Plugin + Firefox 2 or IE7

-X

I tried both browsers and get "We currently support only Garmin™ GPS units" on both and when i go to test site i get plugin not activated.

I have Firefox2 and Ie7, latest Garmin plugin and software and firmware and it is detected correctly in device manager.

:lol::blink: *******EDIT********** :(:(

I GOT IT TO WORK IN BOTH BROWSERS!!

1. Download latest Garmin Communicator Plugin and SAVE it to your computer. (InstallGarminCommunicatorPlugin_2103Beta.exe)

2. Plug in your GPS and make sure computer sees it.

3. Close all programs, browsers, etc (yes even email)

4. Run the Plug in. Don't go to the test website as it still doesn't work

5. Now open your browser of choice and go to geocaching.com and choose a cache.

6. Click the "Send to GPS" link and you will get a popup that says "We currently support only Garmin™ GPS units". Click in the little window and press CTRL + F5 . This forces a full reload of the window.

It should now look like this and work :

sendtobp6.jpg

Worked in both IE7 and Firefox 2.0.0.3

Edited by redjeepguy

I noticed the same thing today. It looks like this so called plugin is brand new and probably has a few kinks to be worked out, but I tried it on several computers here and all failed the same way.

Hope they get it working soon, it looks very convenient.

The test page and the send to GPS feature on geocaching.com both fail for my 60CX and vistaCX, hopefully this gets worked out soon, this is a very cool feature.

EDIT: I'm also using IE7 and firefox 2.0.0.3

Edited by hogrod

I downloaded and was having trouble getting it to run while using the AOL browser. This of course is supposed to be an IE browser but i never did get it to work. Then i tried it using IE7 by itself and it worked liked a charm. The plugin seems to be kinda picky at what it wants to work with!

Any ideas on getting this to work with the AOL browser?

I uninstalled the plugin, closed all programs, turned on the GPSr, then installed the plugin again using the procedure in the first post. Started AOL and went to a cache listing page then clicked on the upload to gpsr link. The "Send" button wasn't in the window so i "ctrl F5" and then it showed up. Clicking once does nothing but the 2nd time brings up an error message saying that "the plugin was not able to unlock successfully".

This all works fine in IE7, just not in AOL which is the program i use most often...

I have noticed that the coordinates transfered to the GPSr isn't the same as on the ones on the cache-page, the final number in both Latitude and Longitude can differ 1 or 2 up or down.

One of my caches have the coordinates N 55° 14.674 E 009° 23.306 but when seen on the GPSr the coordinates are N 55° 14.676 E 009° 23.304.

Another cacher on the danish forum as seen the same bahaviour, this is for me with Firefox 1.5.0.12, I think his is with IE7.

ProsperoDK/René

I have noticed that the coordinates transfered to the GPSr isn't the same as on the ones on the cache-page, the final number in both Latitude and Longitude can differ 1 or 2 up or down.

One of my caches have the coordinates N 55° 14.674 E 009° 23.306 but when seen on the GPSr the coordinates are N 55° 14.676 E 009° 23.304.

Another cacher on the danish forum as seen the same bahaviour, this is for me with Firefox 1.5.0.12, I think his is with IE7.

ProsperoDK/René

It has been fixed. Must have been a Groundspeak programing error.