old style map search broken?

Rabbit and Turtle

Certain map search features are Members Only options, if your membership lapsed then it might account for the change.

But, since everything is currently being changed, and hundreds of bugs are getting into the system, your best bet is to wait a week or more before trying to do everything you used to be able to do and now can't do.

I agree. This feature was fast and efficient, especially when travelling. Many times, I don't know the ZIP codes of the towns I am travelling through, or don't know which town's ZIP code would cover a cache. The cache map feature was great. I emailed Groundspeak a few days ago. They are aware of the problem, according to their reply.

I agree. This feature was fast and efficient, especially when travelling. Many times, I don't know the ZIP codes of the towns I am travelling through, or don't know which town's ZIP code would cover a cache. The cache map feature was great. I emailed Groundspeak a few days ago. They are aware of the problem, according to their reply.

Regarding zip codes.. I know the regular zip code site has changed. You must enter a street address to get a result..probably because they want to give you the zip + 4. Beating the system is possible by entering a box number in the street address line. I use "Box 100" and it has always worked so far. Whether Groundspeak can do a work-around like this, or find a new data source, or really care enough about this feature to do anything, remains to be seen.

I too would like to see the old map back. The new map is good at times, but as you already know it is slow for us with dial-up. I like the old map because it gives me a good visual of cache density over a large area, it also allows me to see what sections I have heavily cached and what areas have a lot of possible finds. Just my opinion. Thanks.