Items missing from caches

Hi everyone,

A week or so ago I dropped off a pretty necklace in the Hardy Tree cache in London, hoping that it would go to a little girl who would appreciate it. I kept an eye on the cache logs to see if it had been picked up but someone has since mentioned that the cache was empty when they found it, no items in it at all :blink:

There's also been a geocoin that's gone missing from this cache, and I was wondering if it's likely that muggles get to know where caches are, and check them every now and then and steal whatever they find has been left in them? It makes me really keen to make sure that I leave nice items only in caches that are seem very "safe" (ie in the middle of nowhere, like the Iron Age Hill Fort cache on Hopesay Common in Shropshire - I doubt anyone but cachers would find that easily!).

I also found a cache today that was supposed to have a white Jeep TB in it, but the TB wasn't there. Looking on these forums I can see that the Jeep TBs are really desirable for some reason.....am I right in thinking that a cacher could have just taken it without logging it? I don't see why they would, but maybe these TBs are nice enough for a muggle to pinch too? :(

Toni xx

am I right in thinking that a cacher could have just taken it without logging it? I don't see why they would, but maybe these TBs are nice enough for a muggle to pinch too? :blink:

Toni xx

Hi Tony,

Quite possibly the person who took the jeep hasn't logged their find yet. I have three London caches, it is common for people to place micro coins and diabetes travel bugs in them, however, because they are right on the tourist trail, quite often the cache pages show Tbs in the cache when they are nowhere to be seen. It usually irons out over the following week or two when cachers on holiday get to log their finds with internet access.