Garmin Communicator Plugin

Last night I loaded three caches into my GPS using Communicator and Firefox. It seemed a little more difficult than normal to find the first cache this morning, so I checked the coordinates in the GPS as opposed to the ones in my Palm TX. In each of these three caches there was an error of 0.002 to 0.003 minutes in either the lattitude, the longitude, or both. I realize this is a small difference, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed this, and if it may have been something I did incorrectly. (I confirmed the differences on the web site after returning home)

I would like to hear from someone who has gotten this to work as to whether the coordinates are exactly the same as the coordinates on the cache page. I have tried a half-dozen downloads to my 76CS and none are the same as on the page. (see my earlier post). It works fine for me, but the small introduced error is aggravating when caching.

Edit: NEVER MIND. I just read in the Geocaching.com Web Site forum that others have noticed the same thing.

Edited by Klatch

I have an older Garmin unit that connects with a serial cable. The test page worked. The coordinate download works with I.E. but not FireFox. My coordinates seem correct.

Lee

I would like to hear from someone who has gotten this to work as to whether the coordinates are exactly the same as the coordinates on the cache page. I have tried a half-dozen downloads to my 76CS and none are the same as on the page. (see my earlier post). It works fine for me, but the small introduced error is aggravating when caching.

Edit: NEVER MIND. I just read in the Geocaching.com Web Site forum that others have noticed the same thing.

I have an older Garmin unit that connects with a serial cable. The test page worked. The coordinate download works with I.E. but not FireFox. My coordinates seem correct.

Lee

It has been fixed and downloads the correct coordinates. Now if the download would transfer the treasure chest icon all would be well.