Calling All Graphic Designers!

avroair

I need a logo design/theme for the GeocoinFest multi event coins and I am asking all graphic designers and coin community members to submit ideas. There will be a nice prize for the chosen logo design, the exposure of having "your" artwork displayed on the coin. Last event we had a similar contest, designs were submitted: Here and the finalists voted on by the coin community: Here

Requirements:

1. This is artwork for a coin. The coin can be round or shaped.

2. Each event location should have the logo and a common front but back that can be altered

3. Wording: "Geocoinfest Multi Event" or some varient of must be incorporated in the logo and October 6th, 2007 must also appear.

4. Final artwork must be scalable*

5. Submissions deadline Friday, June 15th, 2007.

6. more than one entry can be submitted by the same person

7. The design can be a regular or micro size coin

* Vector art: the artwork can be increased or reduced in size without effecting the quality (resolution) of the image. In otherwods, the art doesn't have to be redrawn to fit a certain item.

The finalists will be selected and voted on by the coin forum.

Post your designs in this thread, even if they are just sketches.

Any questions?

:blink:

I only have adobe B) so I guess I am out :ph34r:

Which Adobe? I think Illustrator can create true vector output, but Photoshop can create layered vector files that can be expanded to what proportions needed and exported as a flat file. I did that when i was designing my personal coin, though I used Paint Shop Pro.

I only have adobe B) so I guess I am out B)

When you say adobe you mean photoshop right? Cause illustrator is also adobe :D:ph34r: (and that's a vector program). I wouldn't limit your ideas if you are using photoshop, someone might be able to redo your design in illustrator. :D

Wow, I really like some of the ideas so far. Maybe avroair will reconsider making these a micro coin. Some of these designs would look better on a 1.5" or larger coin :lol:

It's a possibility...

Requirements:

7. The design can be a regular or micro size coin

Thanks. :) ~ yeah there is no limitations on size or metal.

Sorry to ask again or maybe I missed it but should this be a coin for the US of Worldwide Events?

As of June 6, two of the participating event locations are NOT in the US. These locations are in Nova Scotia and the Netherlands. IMO that says worldwide.

Ok this is rough art but I give you the idea behind it.

Globe with Cent symbol at location where event will be held. Dark blue translucent enamel for water.

Other side will be a map of the country or state with a tack where the event is held. Could at date to the Event #. Flag is a little extra but would add nice color in each example. These would be a nice set of coins when complete. Different state flags with some county flags for outside the US.

Now for the image:

multi-1.jpg

I told you it was rough artwork.

We're still deciding whether to throw a design into the mix or not. Avroair knows some of our issues surrounding this already.

One comment and question....

Up until 2-3 weeks before the Geocoinfest Multi Event more locations could potentially come on board. Is there a deadline to add event locations? There's nothing stopping someone in BC, AB, ON, UK, AU, or HK saying they want to host one after the coin is in production and if coins are designed with all the locations on them, they would miss being on the coin.

A design like islander1988 has suggested would be all encompassing compared to a design that identifies locations or should TPTB have a deadline to be included on a coin that identifies locations?

We're still deciding whether to throw a design into the mix or not. Avroair knows some of our issues surrounding this already.

Up until 2-3 weeks before the Geocoinfest Multi Event more locations could potentially come on board. Is there a deadline to add event locations? There's nothing stopping someone in BC, AB, ON, UK, AU, or HK saying they want to host one after the coin is in production and if coins are designed with all the locations on them, they would miss being on the coin.

A design like islander1988 has suggested would be all encompassing compared to a design that identifies locations or should TPTB have a deadline to be included on a coin that identifies locations?

Please put together a design. You guys do amazing work & I can not wait to see what you guys come up with. It's sure to be a hit with me :blink:

Hey, yeah. Someone make an event on the mainland of BC! Then instead of all the mainlanders going to the island events, they'll all come to us :ph34r: .

Hey, yeah. Someone make an event on the mainland of BC! Then instead of all the mainlanders going to the island events, they'll all come to us :ph34r: .

general_tupperware... you could be a somebody :D

QUOTE(joefrog @ Jun 6 2007, 08:51 AM) *

QUOTE(Son of Cyclops @ Jun 5 2007, 12:21 PM) *

Just a quick note, MI is Michigan.

Really! laughing.gif

Yes, really!! huh.gif

I don't see MS on there for Mississippi ohmy.gif

I just think that they thought Mississippi is MI. simple mistake. :ph34r:

Yes... I'm currently reworking the image to correct the mistake. I'm also trying to add more coins to the edge for the additional locations.

Since there hasn't been a cutoff date for the locations, I'm sure all the artwork being submitted will be a work in progress.

Well... after a serious mental block....

With my short timeframe, I did this last minute brainstorm today! LOL

gfmetest.jpg

Here's my offering, and 'specifics'

Enamel colors are translucents with recessed designs under the translucent

Hands in 3D, with use of polished and sandblasted metals.

And... If its well received, Id be happy to do a reverse side!

The phrase "Prodeo Pacisci" means: "Go forth and trade" in Latin.

Thought I'd add some fun to a serious looking coin! LOL

Hope you like it! I thought Id move from maps and the usual temptations, and go a different direction.

We have some great contributions on here... I cant wait to see what else is posted!

Well... after a serious mental block....

With my short timeframe, I did this last minute brainstorm today! LOL

gfmetest.jpg

Here's my offering, and 'specifics'

Enamel colors are translucents with recessed designs under the translucent

Hands in 3D, with use of polished and sandblasted metals.

And... If its well received, Id be happy to do a reverse side!

The phrase "Prodeo Pacisci" means: "Go forth and trade" in Latin.

Thought I'd add some fun to a serious looking coin! LOL

Hope you like it! I thought Id move from maps and the usual temptations, and go a different direction.

We have some great contributions on here... I cant wait to see what else is posted!

We're not worthy!!!! 177.gif

Hey maybe the back could have a common design element but varies slightly for each location.

Edited by Atwell Family

Thanks for the nice comments!!

AG - those were my thoughts as well... Id rather the coin be non-specific, than to unintentionally not include a location.

A city name could ALWAYS be laser etched into a spot designed for it - if that was desired. But Id hate to see something that could not be changed - and have a city be left out.

That's lovely Paula, well done!

We sent our design off to Groundspeak on Tuesday to make sure it would be approved before submitting it for your consideraton. It would be a bummer if it was turned down for some reason...

Also, we wanted to run it by our mint to make sure they'd be willing to paint it <_< and to give us pricing. We tried to design something very affordable, yet unique. I haven't heard from the mint yet, but we'll get the design posted later today.

A city name could ALWAYS be laser etched into a spot designed for it - if that was desired. But Id hate to see something that could not be changed - and have a city be left out.

I like that idea. The idea of a different second side for each event was mentioned, but that would be more pricey (especially if your event was going to be a small one). Doing a common second side with a spot to laser etch the location name would result in a cheaper coin for everyone.

I must admit I didn't read the requirements until a minute ago :( and focused on a logo, like last time, instead of a coin design. So no fancy stuff here, like translucent, glitter or even 3D (not my favorites anyway <_< ). I just added big circles in the background and changed some colors to make them more coin-ish... The smaller ones are the original designs.

GCME2007-1a.jpg

I'm not really happy with the font on the next one, but it will have to do for now.

GCME2007-2a.jpg