GeoJellies 2

pghlooking

To all out there-I do believe Scaw and I have worked out the issue. It seems that others were more upset about it than we were.

In fact, I didn't look at the GeoJellies like a "personal" coin. The design is not unique to one person. It was designed for an entire group of people who just added their geonick and a flavor. Truly, not a big deal to me. I will definitely use another name for my flavor. I absolutely have no problems with that.

Now that is cool. Thanks for doing that for her.

I too agree these are not personal coins, but rather personalized coins. Now we can all get back to making some cool coins agin.

The group has been filling up nicely. I will give it a few more days then we will close this thread, end the enteries, and move on.

To all out there-I do believe Scaw and I have worked out the issue. It seems that others were more upset about it than we were.

In fact, I didn't look at the GeoJellies like a "personal" coin. The design is not unique to one person. It was designed for an entire group of people who just added their geonick and a flavor. Truly, not a big deal to me. I will definitely use another name for my flavor. I absolutely have no problems with that.

If by 'others' you meant me, I tried to make it clear that I was not and am not 'upset'. You unknowingly chose a flavor that had been used by someone in the first group. You then decided to change your flavor after being made aware of that and communicating with the other person. Sounds like it all worked out for everybody involved. That's great. ;)

If by 'others' you meant me, I tried to make it clear that I was not and am not 'upset'. You unknowingly chose a flavor that had been used by someone in the first group. You then decided to change your flavor after being made aware of that and communicating with the other person. Sounds like it all worked out for everybody involved. That's great. ;)

No, PennyPacker, I didn't mean you specifically, although you did mention you weren't "upset, just disappointed". I obviously didn't realize that you could make up a name, which is what I would rather do anyways. I am a little slow on the uptake sometimes, so forgive me. I just want these cute coins~that's all! :D

No, PennyPacker, I didn't mean you specifically, although you did mention you weren't "upset, just disappointed". I obviously didn't realize that you could make up a name, which is what I would rather do anyways. I am a little slow on the uptake sometimes, so forgive me. I just want these cute coins~that's all! :huh:

Not being the creative type, I'm having a hard time with the making-up a name this time. Well, I did make one up, but it wouldn't fly. :D Actually, I did have one earlier. As Ms. PennyPacker and I were on a 1600 mile road trip this past weekend, we were discussing coins as we were dropping them off in caches. As I fiddled with her GeoJelly to drop it off I commented that it reminded me of a Kidney Bean and since she has 2 pending kidney stone removal surgeries on the horizon, I should make a new coin for her with the Kidney Bean color and called in Kidney. She chuckled... more of a nervous reminder about the surgeries, I think. But unfortunately, the flavor is taken. I guess I could make one called Gallbladder. :D

I should make a new coin for her with the Kidney Bean color and called in Kidney. She chuckled... more of a nervous reminder about the surgeries, I think. But unfortunately, the flavor is taken. I guess I could make one called Gallbladder. :rolleyes:

Call it Kidney Stone and make it Kidney colored with some brown accents.

Even if the original die set is used, I suspect they are long paid for - the cost over how ever many coins were made in the first run would have amounted to very little per coin I suspect - in the order of maybe 10 cents per coin? (Stab in the dark).

It would be nice to have it recognized, but at that price per coin I doubt it is worth it.

Maybe all those involved in the second round could send all us from the first found a coin? :rolleyes:

Get your requests to join the group in soon. I am closing the group off shortly and we will move on to the minting stage. Don't miss out. Alot of people who wanted in at the last minute on the first group have not emailed me this time. There is still room for you if you want in.

Oh what the heck...this looks like a lot of fun.

May I join if there is room? Will have to think of something Australian to call my flavour.

Vegemite.jpg

This might be good.....or vegemite.

To quote the girls from Brenda's Girl Scout troop, when we sampled vegemite during a meeting....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Oh Vegemite is great! Full of Vitamin B.

Robert combines it with cheese (plastic cheese slices, not nice cheese) on sandwiches. Yummo.

Shame I have picked my flavour and it wont be vegemite.

I’d forgotten how foreigners associate Vegemite with Aussies. :blink:

What follows takes its inspiration from something in the Hitch-hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

In that story, there was black spaceship that had black controls, labelled in black on a black background.

When they were operated, a black light lit up in black to show what you had done.

(Reminds me a bit of a CD player I had once, actually. :) )

So, given the base of black nickel, a Vegemite Geojelly obviously has to have a main colour of black with black highlights.

The cacher’s name, flavour and tracking number should be filled in with black.

Unfortunately such special requests are ruled out – if they could be allowed, I might just do it . . . B)

So, given the base of black nickel, a Vegemite Geojelly obviously has to have a main colour of black with black highlights.

The cacher’s name, flavour and tracking number should be filled in with black.

Unfortunately such special requests are ruled out – if they could be allowed, I might just do it . . . :blink:

I don't think thats a special request. BN is an option, Pick a PMS black color and we are over half way there. The only thing left would be leaving the white enamel they use on BN coins to fill the letter to make it stand out, but I am not sure you would want that so the coin tracking code could be seen.

Email me and lets see if this one would work.

Email me and lets see if this one would work.

Thanks - email sent - I hope it (and any reply) gets through, as my ISP and gmail have fits of "I'm not talking to you". :anitongue:

A couple of my trades have got messed up by this. :anitongue:

If you do it, I want to trade please! Kiwi Fruit for Vegemite?

What is a geojelly? Is it a geocoin? Is it trackable at geocaching.com? Can someone post a picture of it please.

Thanks!

The biggest difference with these coins is you get to persnoalize it by choosing a color and having some engravings done such as a flavor name and your cacher name. They were a big hit last time around and just as big this time it seems.

I spent some time last week activating most of the different version 1 and 2 Geo-Jellies that I acquired from trades, etc and then dropped all 28 into our GeocoinFest Aotearoa event. People really appreciated seeing them all and there was a lot of admiration for the beautiful designs.

I think I need to do some more trading! (But first I have some trades underway that I need to finish first!)