this is summer...be prepared

hey this is luvbus and i am noticing alot that people are talking about the "P"word...poision ivy...just a clue for every person that is hikig now ....PLEASE wear SPRAY.......and don"t be caught by surprise,because poision ivy..will make you jump and twitch..(HA..HA) BE SAFE STAYED SPRAYED!!!

Wow.

I thought I knew everything. :)

I have never heard of a "spray" to prevent poison ivy.

I guess that is partly because I have, until very recently, been immune to it.

Got a link?

Well, I do not get poison ivy either, but yes, there are several well-known poison ivy repellent sprays. The basic way in which these sprays work, in layman's terms, is that the spray smell so repellent to pooison ivy plants that the plants will actually get up and run away (admittedly at a relatively slow maximum speed of 9 feet per minute) to avoid touching someone who is wearing the spray. In fact, in some states (such as Connecticut, South Carolina and Colorado) with stringent plant abuse protection laws, people can actually be convicted of intentional cruelty to poison ivy plants if they deliberately slather their bodies with the poison ivy repellent spray and then chase poison ivy plants just to terrify them.

Vinny & Sue Team

...In fact, in some states (such as Connecticut, South Carolina and Colorado) with stringent plant abuse protection laws, people can actually be convicted of intentional cruelty to poison ivy plants if they deliberately slather their bodies with the poison ivy repellent spray and then chase poison ivy plants just to terrify them.

Good thing I have never seen PI in Colorado then! And (knock wood) have never gotten a tick bite.

Now in Texas... I'm shocked anytime I find a cache without PI.