what is this, i killed it with my gps

;), ok that was funny but for real this creature had lots of buddies and they assaulted my campsite all last night. they would drop out of trees onto my tent and they climbed all over it, one even got inside, thank god for my garmins hard crushing backside. there must have been over 100 of them . i think they might be chupacabra ;)

:), ok that was funny but for real this creature had lots of buddies and they assaulted my campsite all last night. they would drop out of trees onto my tent and they climbed all over it, one even got inside, thank god for my garmins hard crushing backside. there must have been over 100 of them . i think they might be chupacabra :)

I wish i knew. Im kinda glad that we dont have them in our area! My daughter would freak out!!

It is a dobsonfly larva. Commonly called a hellgramite. Then can give a pinch, and yes they can emerge in fairly large numbers some nights. They crawl out, pupate and emerge as large, winged adult dobsonflies. The adult males have huge, exaggerated pinchers that are about useless for pinching. The female's pinchers are smaller and much more effective. The larvae are great fishing bait, by the way.

Edited by Klatch

It is a dobsonfly larva. Commonly called a hellgramite. Then can give a pinch, and yes they can emerge in fairly large numbers some nights. They crawl out, pupate and emerge as large, winged adult dobsonflies. The adult males have huge, exaggerated pinchers that are about useless for pinching. The female's pinchers are smaller and much more effective. The larvae are great fishing bait, by the way.

That sound so detailed that i wonder if you made that up. :):)

nah....dobsonfly

I used to be very involved in fly tying/fly fishing. Most of us got interested in aquatic entomololgy as an offshoot of the hobby.

:), ok that was funny but for real this creature had lots of buddies and they assaulted my campsite all last night. they would drop out of trees onto my tent and they climbed all over it, one even got inside, thank god for my garmins hard crushing backside. there must have been over 100 of them . i think they might be chupacabra :)

Do we need to start at thread about which unit is the best for killing bugs?

:):D:):):)

Do we need to start at thread about which unit is the best for killing bugs?

:):):D:):)

ROFL. Now that was funny. :D:D I would say that the best unit for killing bugs is the one you have.

Walked into the kitchen one day & there was an adult dobsonfly on the outside of the window screen.

I think I jumped back about 10 feet, man they are big & ugly.

I used to be very involved in fly tying/fly fishing. Most of us got interested in aquatic entomololgy as an offshoot of the hobby.

Same here.I've found enough of em' seining the rivers around my area for insects to tie patterns for,and while netting crayfish.The biggest one I found was about the length of my middle finger.You sure DON'T want them buggers to get ahold of ya!!They clamp down and don't let go.

You are wrong it is actually a democratic candidate for Presidential election. The way you can tell is because it has no internal backbone and a hard shell that masks its true identity and it will change into something you didn't expect at the drop of a hat. It also spends most of its time crawling around pinching your hard earned cash to spend on illegal immigrants and people that won't work for themselves.

You are wrong it is actually a democratic candidate for Presidential election. The way you can tell is because it has no internal backbone and a hard shell that masks its true identity and it will change into something you didn't expect at the drop of a hat. It also spends most of its time crawling around pinching your hard earned cash to spend on illegal immigrants and people that won't work for themselves.

At least they do something ... <_<

OT - nice bug.

Edited by ScoutingWV

;):):D:D<_<:P:D:P:D:P

Oh my thats awesome.