Lexinton Natural Bridge area?

VWDave

I'm going to be at VW Bus camping trip this weekend at Natural Bridge. I want to hide a VW based cache around there was wanting someone close by that my be willing to check on it for me a few months. I have inlaws in Roanoke and I'm from Waynesboro, but it may be some time before I get by there.

We were just there a few weeks ago and couple things might interest you. First is that the bridge is actually on private property that you have to pay a entrance fee to visit. At $12 per person you might have a tough time getting that one approved (not to mention the permission aspect). The upside is that about 2 miles down the road is a nice state park that is probably ripe for caches. :)

We were just there a few weeks ago and couple things might interest you. First is that the bridge is actually on private property that you have to pay a entrance fee to visit. At $12 per person you might have a tough time getting that one approved (not to mention the permission aspect). The upside is that about 2 miles down the road is a nice state park that is probably ripe for caches. :)

There is no state park in Rockbridge County. You may be speaking of a local park, and caches may be allowed there, but I cannot confirm that.

That being said, the Washington-Jefferson National Forest is only 1.5 miles due south, or 5.65 miles due east of Natural Bridge...there are plenty of good cache spots there. Fox & Hound may have been thinking of that, instead of a state park.

I won't be able to help maintain a cache over there...my sphere of travel generally takes me east and north of Lynchburg, not west.

Scott

I know the area, I grew up in Waynesboro Va just north. I've also heard that Natural Bridge itself is up For Sale. I was just looking for someone in the are to look in on acache in that general area. I have someone that said they would after finding it onece if I plant it.

We were just there a few weeks ago and couple things might interest you. First is that the bridge is actually on private property that you have to pay a entrance fee to visit. At $12 per person you might have a tough time getting that one approved (not to mention the permission aspect). The upside is that about 2 miles down the road is a nice state park that is probably ripe for caches. :blink:

There is no state park in Rockbridge County. You may be speaking of a local park, and caches may be allowed there, but I cannot confirm that.

That being said, the Washington-Jefferson National Forest is only 1.5 miles due south, or 5.65 miles due east of Natural Bridge...there are plenty of good cache spots there. Fox & Hound may have been thinking of that, instead of a state park.

I won't be able to help maintain a cache over there...my sphere of travel generally takes me east and north of Lynchburg, not west.

Scott

That's the one! We made a quick turnaround at the Ranger Station after checking their map and realizing the bridge was on private land. :(