Event cache idea, WC

Discombob

Hi all you Western Capers

I have an idea for an event cache and want some feedback to see if people will be interested. I am wanting to put together a quiz based purely on geocaching - lots of questions on WC caches and cachers, etc etc.

Obviously, teams with more finds have an advantage, so I will use some sort of handicap system to make things fair, and try and split the teams evenly.

Would you all be interested in this, and if so is anyone going away in the next month, and do you have any venue suggestions or prize donations!

thanks

russell

Obviously, teams with more finds have an advantage, so I will use some sort of handicap system to make things fair, and try and split the teams evenly.

Wouldn't teams with more finds have a disadvantage due to confusion from all those wonderful cache memories rattling around in their heads? ;)

Would like to contribute/play if I am in town when it happens.

:) No bright ideas about a venue, but will give it some thought.

A venue in Pretoria would be just perfect :)

Jors, sounds like we should in JHB/ PTA fashion hi-jack D-Bob's (thanks D-Bob) idea and run a similar event here in JHB.

Any ideas for a venue, something central to JHB/PTA will be best.

Well, I am thinking of having it the weekend after the comrades. about 23th June or something like that, depending on when the school holidays are.

Most likely go for Mitchells Brewery.

If anyone wants to fly me up to Gauteng or Mpumalanga, I will be happy to host a quiz there :))

No, definately not an open book quiz. Anyone caught cheating shall be expelled, and reported to the geocaching authorities, and their profiles deleted!!

QFC, if you want to hi-jack my idea, I could share some of my very delightful category ideas if you wish.

And sorry Vespax, that doesn't hold water!