Adopt a cache

bug and snake

Due to circumstances I will be out of the country for some time. (I have been already and this is now due to continue) I have two caches currently in the Lebanon, Pa. area. These are G(eo)-C(acher) Phone Home and Big Money.

The 'Phone Home' cache in particular has proved to be popular with 100 visits. For that reason I am reluctant to disable the caches.

If you feel that you can help me keep them open that would be great but, obviously, I can not visit the caches for upkeep purposes. I am willing to allow them to become your caches if you wish to do things that way. My main aim is to keep these available for the caching community.

I do not know when I will be able to access this thread next to see if anyone can help but if there is no response when I do come back I will disable the caches to avoid the possibility of a bad experience for any visitor.

These are not 'simple box in the woods' caches. If you are interested in helping or adopting these orphans please let me know either in the thread or by email through the site.

Thanx to all who take the trouble to read this and to all who have visited the caches in the past.

Man, can't believe there are no takers. These caches are way out of my range, but if you get really in a bind, I'll take the plunge.

I'll put them on my "watch list", and if an issue comes up, I'll look into it.

A little "maintenance", might give me the excuse to get out to that area caching.

Edited by bottlecap

Man, can't believe there are no takers. These caches are way out of my range, but if you get really in a bind, I'll take the plunge.

I'll put them on my "watch list", and if an issue comes up, I'll look into it.

A little "maintenance", might give me the excuse to get out to that area caching.

Bottlecap, thank you for your offer of help with this. The 'Phone Home' cache has now been adopted by a local cacher. As regards the other one, it will probably be archived in the next day or two. It has a complication in its nature that makes it hard to pass to anyone else.

Again, thanks for your interest.

quick question-how does one put a cache up for adoption?

my girl scout troop was forced to disband and they have a cache in their name. I'd like to put it up for adoption so one of the former girls can move ownership into her name for maint.

Thanks!

Adopt this cache

This cache shows up on a Bookmark List , I started Good Views Northern NJ--it is one of the best, the cache location not the Bookmark List. It is temporarily disabled and looks like it is headed to archive. If you haven't been there, you are missing one of the best views in all Northern NJ--But the CO is no longer in the area and his caches are beoming distressed. Back in February, I asked some folks if they were interested in adopting this one, no one seemed interested. The CO has a few others that people have stepped up on to maintain and/or adopt. Ay Carumba--a venerable hiking cache and Cauldrons of Courage, another enjoyable hike are two that come to mind. Giant Stairs also falls into the category. They are classics and among the first Jersey caches. Perhaps someone will step up on this one.Adoption is simple

Edited by Packanack

Adopt this cache

This cache shows up on a Bookmark List , I started Good Views Northern NJ--it is one of the best, the cache location not the Bookmark List. It is temporarily disabled and looks like it is headed to archive. If you haven't been there, you are missing one of the best views in all Northern NJ--But the CO is no longer in the area and his caches are beoming distressed. Back in February, I asked some folks if they were interested in adopting this one, no one seemed interested. The CO has a few others that people have stepped up on to maintain and/or adopt. Ay Carumba--a venerable hiking cache and Cauldrons of Courage, another enjoyable hike are two that come to mind. Giant Stairs also falls into the category. They are classics and among the first Jersey caches. Perhaps someone will step up on this one.Adoption is simple

thanks for the link. one of the former scouts adopted the cache.