While you were at GW5....

007BigD

Ok I really wanted to post this on Friday...But when I got to my girlfriends Classroom, All forums were blocked :anicute: ...Dang School Internet safety!

So I thought it would be fun to let all those GW5 attendees know how much fun we all had this weekend while they were scrambling around doin GW5 stuff!

Lets show them what they missed out on, by havin as much fun as we can in the next couple days...I know its short notice...But Go out and do somethin fun! Take some pics and tell all! If ya dont have anything planned, you got all day, and even Monday.

Just a little activity to brighten our spirits who could not go the distance for GW5...maybe next year! :anicute:

Went on a 12 mile bike ride with the kids and found 6(?) caches along the way. Doesn't get much better than that! Except for tonight and tomorrow. Trying to hit a night cache tonight and plan on going out on Hood Canal (WA) and getting some caches by boat tomorrow. Oh yeah, got creachers new coin and traded for a Herd coin and both came in the mail yesterday. Yeah!

OK I gotta make this fast...Got lots of fun to have today! Then I gotta pack in all I can into tomorrow!

Started off the weekend as some of you may know with the surprize of a my first little Geo-bun in the oven :anicute::anibad::anicute:

Then drove 50 miles in the most beautiful Northern Cali mountain roads available to see my little sweetpea and talk about all the fun we are gonna have with this new little thing shes got goin on in there!

Sat. we headed up to the Spyrock school plant sale (its a little one room schoolhouse way up in the hills) Where she had her first Taiko Drumming performance! The kids also had a Drum circle of just the school kids! Then there were bands, a killer barbeque, and of course a plant sale!...Great fun

On our way down we stopped by an ancient rock with petroglyphs all over it (I think I found a new cache spot) Really cool!

Lots between then and now...But I gotta go have fun! Got some buddies waitin fer me at the Disc golf course right now! Ill let ya know how I did!

I left my camera with all the cool pics of the rock and schoolhouse, in Laytonville (Where Sweetpea lives) so I wont be able to post pics till later and im screwed as for posting all the fun I have today and tomorrow :unsure:

HAVE FUN OUT THERE!...Lets make them jelous they ever left home!

I really wish I had a good fun story to tell :anicute: I've been in bed since Tues. sicker than a dog. I just finally washed my hair this morning...lol. I slept on the couch last night so I could sleep in an upright position, I know I woke up at one time soaked in sweat and reached for my glass of water to take a sip, after that I remember handing the glass to my dog, Dakota, telling her to take a drink too. I kept trying to hand the glass to her but she wouldn't take it, then I spilled it on the floor. That was enough to snap me out of my fever induced episode and I was like, holy crap. Maybe I did get some exotic disease in Belize? I think it peaked last night but I'm just looking for some pity :unsure: lol.

Again 007, congrat's on the expected little one. I can tell you are super-excited, as you should be :anibad:

tsun :anicute:

OK...try to make yourselves believe we are having as much fun as those attending GW5. Me...I'm miserable!

Could have gone...should have gone! Gas was just too much, and, since I'd be on the motorcycle, I'd have had to leave thursday morning. Should have gone all the same!

Geobash is just around the corner though...that'll be a BLAST!!

What kind of fun did we have...hmm..

Friday night my little brother graduated from High School!! My sister and I got some glares when we screamed and yelled as he crossed the stage, but hey at least we weren't dressed like we said we were going to.. would have blended in too much with the high school girls if we had.... Afterwards we convinced my parents to buy us all pizza for dinner (since they left Saturday morning for a trip, we have to wait for the celebratory BBQ until next weekend).

Saturday afternoon my sister calls telling me about some purebred Golden Retriever puppies for sale up in Boise. Not like we had the money, but we decided to check them out anyway. Ended up coming home with one of the puppies (my son is thrilled!). So now we have an 8 week old geo-dog! And last night we finally got to activate our Geo Dog geocoin in honor of our new pup!

So far today we have sat back and relaxed!

007 - Congrats on your upcoming arrival!

tsun - Didn't I tell you to get better? I didn't say get worse! :anicute:

Dang T-Sun Listen to BrokenW! That sucks your sick :( That sounds pretty serious. Hope your feeling better now.

How fast can Brownies make it to Montana? :sunsure::D

Try and have as much fun as ya can! and GET BETTER! At least tell us when your dog takes the water and thanks you for it...Then you know its time to go get some help! :D:lol::D

Well in the midst of all the great fun to be had, my buddy got a crack in his radiator! :D So now we're back at the shop replacing a radiator in a 93 Civic!...I pulled it now hes out there swappin the fan over. OH but GREAT FUN, I might add :D

I got to the golf course while my buds were on the 4th hole, and ended up finishin about 3 or 4 over par. (Thats playin all holes as 3 par) I missed abunch of birds and even almost Aced it 2 times...(You getta lot of almosts in this game) Had to go back and fish the firts 3 holes

OH yeah and on top of leavin my camera I also left my GPS up there! :(:(:D So now I gotta call my Cachin buddy and see what hes up to tomorrow!

Gotta go now!...You all have fun now...ya hear! :sunsure::D:lol:

I worked like a dog :D Redoing the exterior of our home. We had imitation brick face created out of stucco. Besides pressure cleaning, preparing the house for paint, I decided I was fed up with this fake brick, :sunsure: Took a chisel hammer to it. I don't think my arms will every be the same, This hammer thingy weighs 30LBS, well by the end of the day it seemed like 300 LBS.

Once done, pressure cleaned complete house, a coat of primer that equally covered the home, and myself. Then came the paint. once again I walked in the door the same color of the home.

I now have over 1000LBS of imitation brick face to hall away, maybe I should have painted it,, but NOO..

Today crashed out :D

On the coin end, I was able to place the remainder Operation Spreading Sunshine coins out Internationaly, as well add some additional coins so more Countrys could be represented in the mission. I can hardly wait to start to watch them travel. :(

Congrats again BigD

feel better tsunrisebey you definatly have Jungle Fever :lol: But at least the dog is not thirsty :(

BRoKeN W, congrats to brothers achievment

AND::

Dennis I like Chocolate too :D

Well, the good news is that our son came home for a visit from the Air Force, and brought with him his girlfriend who is now officially his "fiancee".

The bad news is that I have a very difficult class on Advanced Cardiac Life Support on Tuesday, and have had to balance fun with studying. I think the studying is losing out!

Boy That studying sure sounds like fun 4BOWS. I know the answer to the test...Use the jumpers! :sunsure: - There I helped...Now screw the studying and go play! :D ...JK~Schooling first- Just make the best of it.

Gotta go grab Sweetpea and head out for some FTF's- 2 of them! My buddies loanin me his GPS while hes out and my cachin bud is goin with us.

Ive been sittin here plottin out tomorrows adventure for us! Was lookin at a double 5 star, But 17 1/2 miles is a bit much for a Teacher thats gotta get ready to teach on Monday!

Radiator and t-stat is long done and just tryin to figure out the best route to FUN!...WOO HOO...Sure am glad Im not at GW5 :lol: ...yeah right~who am I kiddin! :( ...Few more minutes here and Im OFF! :D

Edit to add: Enjoy the new inlaw 4BOWS!

Edited by 007BigD

Once done, pressure cleaned complete house, a coat of primer that equally covered the home, and myself. Then came the paint. once again I walked in the door the same color of the home.

Looks like Glenns playin House dress up! :sunsure::D That sounds fun id say! ITS A ONE MAN HOUSE PARTY!!! :( Yeah...Lets all go to Glenns and dress up like his house! :D:D:lol:

Hope the work pays off...Now go play~Go build a imitation brick castle or somethin! :D:(

IM OFF! Ill be back with a FTF!...maybe 2

First off, let me say I would love to be at GW5 but I'm not so I made the best of it. Went to an event in Mountain View, Wyoming (2007 Summer Kickoff Event). We had a great time at the event (thanks Wyohunter & OldWyo). The plan was to stay the night, caching in the afternoon and evening. We had gotten invited to go to Wyohunters house for s'mores/marshmallow roast that night. Then we were going to cache all the next day (today) and come home to enjoy the rest of the weekend with our son, daughter, grand-daughter and son's girlfriend. Those were the plans! The facts were, after the event we went caching for a couple hours but our grand-daughter had not been feeling well most of the day and she got even worse so we went to the motel to let her rest. When we got there, it was obvious that she should be home so off we headed for the 174 mile drive back home. She ended up going to the ER with a sinus and ear infection which had given her the headache and high fever. We were glad we came home, for her comfort and recovery. So today, I have been busy working on my geocoins, cache logs and even a little yard work (mowed and trimmed and sprayed weeds). It is a kind of lazy day but gorgeous (70 degrees with no wind, just perfect). We are going for a drive into the mountains tomorrow to show our son's girlfriend what beauty we have only 50 miles away then a bbq tomorrow night. My wife made lazagna today so that will be dinner. Except for the sick grand-daughter who is much better today, weekends don't get much better than this one has and will continue to be. Thanks for the opportunity to reflect.

Today was a great day in Kansas! It was cool and sunny most of the day. After a fun morning with the better half down on the Plaza I got out there and fixed up a couple of caches and put some geocoins out. We plan to watch a movie tonight, You Me and Dupree. Looks funny.

The new sod I put down yesterday looks good and we got a light rain overnight so no watering needed. Thanks Mother Nature.

Birds are chirping, breeze is blowing and steaks are on the grill. It doesn't get any better than this.

:sunsure:

Edited by larry739

I went over to my relative's house on the lake today.

We had brunch on the dock and then proceeded to enjoy the day. Playing with the dogs in the water and even taking a boat ride to look at all the homes on the lake (laughing about the eye sore ones). Later on I got to kayak for the first time ever. I actually went over to an island just in front of the dock to geocache.

It was fun because I swam in front of this island for years and years growing up. Long before there were so many people in the area. I even walked on the beach one time (maybe 20 years ago) and saw a dreaded Japanese Hornet (none were around today thank goodness!)

Edited by TokyoBlossom

Here's my fun for the weekend. I went to a forest area today that is about an hour and a half from my home that I had never heard of-- and it had over 35 caches in it and like 55 miles of hiking trails! So I spent a wonderful day hiking in the woods of Kentucky with my hubby finding some caches.

And...I saw the fanciest tree stump I've ever seen. Eat your hearts out, GW5ers!

may2707stump.jpg

Edited by niffir

WOW arnt we all glad we stayed home???? Sounds like a good weekend indeed for many! Hope the Grand daughter is getting well Rubiconlwb.

I had an action packed weekend as well! Ill start off with yesterday.

After my log we headed out to grab one FTF at the Lake and realized I needed Google for the FTF Mystery cache that was just listed.

After the FTF we headed out to Bovine Hill Stash THE OLDEST CACHE AROUND! 12-3-00!

Great fun to make the journey by foot (NO 4X4) and the "Magic Geo-Jetta" peetered out at some gnarley ruts. But WE MADE IT...4 mile hike total with about 1000 ft of elevational change!

The coolest part was seeing that Original Stash note...It said "GPS STASH HUNT GAME" at the top and was still in good shape! I left a Green Jeep TB, a Good Karma geocoin and a Blazing Sun for the next to find, along with a 1980 "made in Denmark" Troll, a vintage comic book, and somethin else besides my penny.

TODAY WAS A BigD-ay! :)

WE Walked around the entire Lake Mendocino! :):) - 12.5 miles we hiked untill we came to the channel, then rather than walkin around the whole length of the channel to get around, IN I WENT!... to forge the channel and Hike to the car to come back and grab the crew!

There I was, searchin for the narrowest part to cross and of course it was right where 2 people were layin in the sun! Went to step in just in front of them and SLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIP! in I went...Boots danglin from one hand and me doin the one handed back stroke, 1/2 way across realized its really hard to relax holding a pair of boots above water and my water bottle floated out of my pocket...So there I was grabbin my keys to attach to my boots, flounderin around with a water bottle hangin from my mouth tryin to attatch my carabiner and tryin not to drown or look silly :) But after the boots were wet I was still doin the one armed backstroke (of course on my back) and trying to relax...well you know what you get with your eyes closed and a one armed backstroke?????...YEP a circle! But only a half a circle-it was still funny though...practically turned around 3/4 ways across!

Started at 10:00AM and finished at 5:00PM Brought 3 caches and didnt place a one! :):) Just couldnt find a good enough hide with out holdin up the crew, But Im goin back for a good one later!

Finished off the night with Pizza and saw Sweetpea off. Then I headed over to my buds house, where I enjoyed some Ghetto desert...Rice & Cinnamon and sugar! Mmmmm, Then the Vibrating Laz-Boy took me by surprize and I was out till 10:30!

Now here I am logging my finds and tellin yall the days events in my crusty ol' shoes from the shed-No socks and sore feet!...But a Good day indeed! OH I heard a good quote on the way "The best journey is the journey where you wish you were home in the middle of it"...or somethin like that! It felt fitting at times :D

And...I saw the fanciest tree stump I've ever seen. Eat your hearts out, GW5ers!

may2707stump.jpg

HA~ Wheres your shiny tree stump-EH? Cant get one of those at GW5! Or a Crappy House boat to poke fun at! :)

Hope yall had a good time at GW5 and Safe travels home too!...I gotta check the party thread now!