Coin Holder Keychain?

DezertMedic

Hi all,

I am trying to find a key chain that has a metal ring coin holder attached to it. The ring coin holder allows you to place your own coin in it. I have seen these before but am having no luck on google today. I figured someone else here has also wanted to chain up their personal coins and might be able to help.

Thanks,

DezertMedic

What thickness is the coin you want to put in it DezertMedic? We have some here that we were trying out (samples) and we couldn't get a 38mm coin in it which is 3.5mm thick. The mint said the 38mm rings work on 3.0mm thickness coins. Has anyone else run into this?

The one I bought from Oakcoins works great on 3.5 mm thickness. I got a 1.75" one to try and it's working out great!

I'll bet some of the odd shaped coins could get wirework around them...Wirework that nice is tougher than a casual observer might realize. Your work is great!

I have purchased several of the ones from Oakcoins and have been VERY pleased. I haven't yet found a thickness that presented a problem.

Here ya go, LINK

Those look nice, I ordered one with some coins and it broke when i tried to open it up to put a coin in! i was a bit angry, so i just threw it away, was inexpensive anyways, but i wont try them again. B)

Bummer, Perhaps contact them for a replacment or a small credit on a next order. I have a 2in one on a Tracking Time coin, so far so good.

Kabuthunk, Did some fancy wirewrap on this Cricky coin on THIS Thread. some talented folks out there :D

I also posted a pic of a Silver coin I had wire wraped at a art fair, trying to dig up a photo, Glenn

Oroborus, that is lovely wirework! B)

Thanks!

I know... Id love one for one of our Sunbursts. Dorkfish was showing her necklace off all weekend to everyone - email sent!

Got your email. Would love to do a sunburst for you. Reply coming! Here's a picture of the seahorse I got in the trade with dorkfish. This is wrapped in sterling silver. The hardest thing is keeping it simple. My seahorse (like Karma's) is wrapped so it can be worn front or back.dorkfishseahorse1ww.jpgdorkfishseahorse2ww.jpg

I'll bet some of the odd shaped coins could get wirework around them...Wirework that nice is tougher than a casual observer might realize. Your work is great!

Thanks. Yep, the bezel's work great for ROUND coins, and I can work this design around some "roundish" coins like this dorkfish v1, dorkfishv11ww.jpg

but you have to get really creative with the odd-shaped coins. (I just finished one for Seabeck Tribe's GeoPoker Run 2, but I'll have to ask if I can post a pic since the event hasn't happenned yet, in fact, she hasn't seen it yet! It's in the mail, Dianne)

If anyone is interested, contact me. So far, I haven't been charging for this work, but I am willing to trade for a wrap or two.

:D

Here ya go, LINK

Those look nice, I ordered one with some coins and it broke when i tried to open it up to put a coin in! i was a bit angry, so i just threw it away, was inexpensive anyways, but i wont try them again. :D

There is no reason to be angry. If you ever have a problem, let us know. We will replace it for you. Send us an email so we can get a new one out to you.

Thanks!

Might you be interested in something like this?

seabecktribeww1.jpg

Custom wirewrap, for use as keychain or pendant...

Now that is really nice !!

And yes I would be interested in something like that .. I think a few of those will be great for a special personal coin gift!

Drop me a pm please :o

Here ya go, LINK

Those look nice, I ordered one with some coins and it broke when i tried to open it up to put a coin in! i was a bit angry, so i just threw it away, was inexpensive anyways, but i wont try them again. :o

There is no reason to be angry. If you ever have a problem, let us know. We will replace it for you. Send us an email so we can get a new one out to you.

Thanks!

Thank You for the offer and most excellent customer service, I will contact you.

Oroborus, do you think you could come up with something for my personal coin that would not obscure much of the back logo? I just got these in and at least one friend has already pointed out that she'd like to get hers done that way. Any thoughts?

snip [/img]

These came in today from Coins & Pins. How about something like this...

elementaljay2ww.jpg

I can easily bend the wire so as not to obscure the tracking id. Now, from the front...

elementaljay1ww.jpg

Contact me if you are interested. :P

A few of you have asked to see pictures of the custom wirewrapping I have been working on. Aside from the picture already posted; here are some more examples with round and non-round coins.

seabeckpoker1ww.jpg

This is for Seabeck Tribe's upcoming GeoPoker Run 2 event.

lyndychris1ww.jpg

Lindychris' Personal Geosmirk

creacher1ww.jpg

Creacher's 2007 Personal

All of these are wrapped with silver-plated copper wire which is quite economical vs. sterling silver wire. So far, I haven't charged for these services and have traded for coin instead. If you have any questions or would like to see one of your coins wirewrapped, please feel free to contact me.

:rolleyes:

WOW! I've seen your work on other coins, but hadn't noticed that you wrapped one of our smirks! I'd love to get one, or maybe one for each of us, wrapped!

An email will be on the way when Chris gets home from work!

It would be my pleasure. The unique shape of your coin demanded a more creative design. Here's another unique wrap designed for a unique coin.

whaletailgold1.jpg

WOW! I've seen your work on other coins, but hadn't noticed that you wrapped one of our smirks! I'd love to get one, or maybe one for each of us, wrapped!

It would be my pleasure. The unique shape of your coin demanded a more creative design. Here's another unique wrap designed for a unique coin.

We haven't forgotten about this! We've been busy getting ready for the MWGB. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet you there and we can give you a coin and your coinpayment too. I can't wait!!

We haven't forgotten about this! We've been busy getting ready for the MWGB. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet you there and we can give you a coin and your coinpayment too. I can't wait!!

Urgh! :laughing: Sorry but events have conspired against me and I won't be attending MWGB this year. Maybe you could hold one of those event specials for me? :anibad: