Something Bad.....Mount10Bike V2 on eplace

TokyoBlossom

Better yet, we should all bid it up to some astronomical price and then retract the bids LOL...

Will this affect my feedback if I retract a bid?

It can if the seller files a nonpayment dispute. Were you Bidder2?

No that was not me. How do you know it might be afake ebay account? It sucks not being able to see the names.

I do not KNOW it is a fake account but it is very suspicious. I just said IF it is the seller then it would be a violation. I do not know that it is. Just strange that the bid came in a few moments after I posted mine.

make another bid

I will not make another bid. Getting at least one bid in moves this from a prank to a legal issue regardless of who ends up buying the item if it is a fake. Bidder 2 will now get to deal with it, unless of course it is the seller or a Shill, in which case it may not go any further unless e*** wants to dig into it.

At this point I have formulated an opinion of Familyof4 from this that will probably remain in my mind for some time and mollymock has been added to my unallowed bidders list on e***.

make another bid

I will not make another bid. Getting at least one bid in moves this from a prank to a legal issue regardless of who ends up buying the item if it is a fake. Bidder 2 will now get to deal with it, unless of course it is the seller or a Shill, in which case it may not go any further unless e*** wants to dig into it.

At this point I have formulated an opinion of Familyof4 from this that will probably remain in my mind for some time and mollymock has been added to my unallowed bidders list on e***.

Good point. I hadn't thought about that.

Member or Item being reported: 300115246521

I would like to report what I believe to be fraud occuring on the item number listed above. I will include links to help support my claim and will leave it up to you to decide the best course of action that needs to occur. I will be watching this auction and do hope that the right decision will be made.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=163998

This link actual includes an email address that matches the same user name of the the auction in question.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...p;#entry2884062

:P

make another bid

Bidder 2 will now get to deal with it, unless of course it is the seller or a Shill, in which case it may not go any further unless e*** wants to dig into it.

It is in Ebay's hands :rolleyes:

With proof its a fake being sold as an original , im confident ebay will remove it.

Having dealt with eBay as my families source of income for over a year i am not nearly as confident. From past experience eBay has always removed auctions in violation very quickly.

There is plenty of reason to be concerned, but maybe not enough actual proof to cancel the auction. After all- its just a geocoin whether real or fake.

With proof its a fake being sold as an original , im confident ebay will remove it.

Having dealt with eBay as my families source of income for over a year i am not nearly as confident. From past experience eBay has always removed auctions in violation very quickly.

There is plenty of reason to be concerned, but maybe not enough actual proof to cancel the auction. After all- its just a geocoin whether real or fake.

Well, someone needs to prove this is fake and people could be out a LOT of money, thinking they are buying an original coin.

^%^%$#^^*()$

:rolleyes:

Say what you will here...I doubt they'll unlock the other...besides, we'd love to hear what you have to say...

What I would do is mark that coin's page as it being stolen by Familyof4...

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

I think the big difference is that Jon never gives up ownership. When I trade my coin, the person I trade with activates it. When he trades, it is activated under his account. He is still the owner. To me it is like selling someone else's stuff!

The coin and the tracking are two different things. You can give a way a coin and keep the tracking in your name.

Jon's early coins didn't have a no selling rule on them. Later versions did and it was stated on the tracking page.

By my way of thinking early coins are fair game. Later coins, you know that they are only licensed and not really traded going in and should honor that. It’s a bit of a one sided trade if Jon gets a coin he can do as he will with.

...I think they have made their pewter coin making business into a fraudulent one. They are making obvious copies of the Moun10bike v.2 coin and selling it. It looks like they copied and pasted the information from Moun10bike's website and added the bit about an alleged "tyrial run" in pewter.

Again, I apologize to the powers that be if posting an email here is verboten, but I felt people need to know.

I can forward the email that Familyof4 sent me for verification if necessary.

If they are selling a copy of the coin on eBay then Jon can issue a DCMA take down notice to eBay. eBay would need to honor it too keep in compliance with the Safe Harbor Provisions of the DCMA (Digital Coppyright Millinim Act or something like that).

I know this becasue MicroSoft just used the DCMA to tell eBay to shut down one of my auctions that I thought would fall under fair use since I was selling unused and uneeded software. WRONG.

It's really a matter of how far Jon would like to take it. If he makes the reqeust and eBay does not comply they are liable...if Jon wishes to persue it. Microsoft obviously has more clout than Jon. Jon probably has access to the department within Microsoft that specializes in issuing those take down notices.

I can't tell by the photo if it's fake or not.

As far as I know, there was no pewter Moun10bike v.2 coin made...in fact if you look...the eBay auction looks like it took the info straight from Moun10bike's site, adding the bit about the pewter models.

Not to mention the fact these people basically admitted to making this coin...

I can't tell by the photo if it's fake or not.

It's pewter and looks rough around the edges, plus they colors look wrong. The pictures of #205 in the gallery make it look like antique silver type finish. If you look at the closeup of 205 in the gallery, you can see certain shading in the metal that isn't there in the one on eBay. Sure looks fake to me.

Hmmm, the Moun10bike V2 coin for sale on Ebay sure looks like the copy of the Kansas coin Familyof4 made and posted to the forums recently.

Edit: meaning the same style of production and rough finish.

Edited by Droo

The whole picture may be photoshopped. Doesn't even look like an actual coin.

Exactly what is a "test auction"?

The auction is, however, a clear case of fraud one way or another.

There is no doubt that the image in the auction and the one on the owners website are identical except for the photoshopped 5 made from flipping the 2. Even those are identical. Look at the little marks around the edges of the coins. By the way I have sent three emails to the seller and he has not responded to any of them. I imagine he is reading this right now. As a bonafide bidder on this coin I do have a stake in the outcome of the auction. The wrong being done here by this individual is on many levels.

I dont really get into coins so please excuse if this is a dumb question.

Is there a reference number to view the web page associated with this #205 coin?

I believe it is this one.

Thereis no way toestablish if this is even coin #205. You can easily tell that the "5" has been photoshopped. I believe that this person decided to use this number becuase it has been involved in a previous confrontation.

What is it with Georgia cachers? I hope this is not how all Georgia cachers are, but there does seem to be a pattern :rolleyes: .

What is it with Utah cachers trying to create stereotypes? I hope this is not how all Utah cachers are, but there does seem to be a pattern :P .

Sorry, but your statement was really offensive. :(

1-2 bad apples (peaches) out of hundreds do not make a pattern.

Trust me, there are a lot of locals that would find what "appears" be happening in the Ebay auction appalling and dishonest. And would like to see the persons responsible dealt with to the extent of any laws or rules allow. :P;)

But to group all Georgia Cachers with that 1-2 just isn't right.

On a personal level, (having had large amounts of personal property stolen on 2 occasions) I have absolutely "no tolerance at all" for thieves . So please do not think I am in any way defending the actions of Ebay listing if it is indeed a fake reproduction to "steal" the hard earned money of the buyer.

D-man :P

Edit: spelling

Edited by gridlox

]

What is it with Utah cachers trying to create stereotypes? I hope this is not how all Utah cachers are, but there does seem to be a pattern :rolleyes: .

Sorry, but your statement was really offensive. :P

You know Grid, you are right, I should know by now than to write with emotions :P ! It is truly unfortunate that you peaches are being misrepresented.

With that being said, I here by publicly admit and apoligize to those who represents Georgia with dignity and respect that I was wrong for making those comments :( .

Sorry!

]

What is it with Utah cachers trying to create stereotypes? I hope this is not how all Utah cachers are, but there does seem to be a pattern :rolleyes: .

You know Grid, you are right, I should know by now than to write with emotions :P ! It is truly unfortunate that you peaches are being misrepresented.

With that being said, I here by publicly admit and apoligize to those who represents Georgia with dignity and respect that I was wrong for making those comments :( .

Sorry!

Apology Accepted! ;)

]

Sorry!

Apology Accepted! ;)

<wipes sweat from forehead>

Thank you.

</wipes sweat from forehead>

Well it appears as if another bid has been placed on this coin. Two things to note 1) it is going to be interesting to see if Ebay acts on this 2) I predict that the bidding will continue to increase to the normal Moun10Bike coin price until Ebay acts upon this.

Not everyone that participates on ebay participates in these forums, the reason that this is interesting is if indeed the coin is fake how will the "new" owner ever know once they take possession of the coin that indeed there is someone that owns the real deal and he got shafted?

]

Sorry!

Apology Accepted! ;)

Ditto :P

I think there is another fake coin listed on e***, possibly from this same person using a different name.

link

I wonder if this is the fake coin created in this posting?

link

I bid on it just to find out. If it is a fake I will take legal action if I win it. :rolleyes:

Edited by larry739

I think there is another fake coin listed on e***, possibly from this same person using a different name.

link

I wonder if this is the fake coin created in this posting?

link

I bid on it just to find out. If it is a fake I will take legal action. :rolleyes:

I raised this question in the now closed thread (see post #64). Definitely suspect.

I sent thestosh an email asking if the geocoin he has listed and that I am now the high bidder on is authentic. No response yet.

I sent thestosh an email asking if the geocoin he has listed and that I am now the high bidder on is authentic. No response yet.

I don't see why it wouldn't be. :rolleyes:

He is in fact selling off his entire collection.

See Forum Post Here

Unless he is proficient at recreating Subaru guage packages & subwoofer systems as well, I don't see why the coins are not on the up & up. :P

edit: to clarify statement :P

Edited by gridlox

I don't see why it wouldn't be. :P

He is in fact selling off his entire collection.

See Forum Post Here

Unless he is proficient at recreating Subaru guage packages & subwoofer systems as well, I don't see why they are not on the up & up. :P

edit: to clarify statement :(

Thanks, I was kind of wondering about those subwoofers. :rolleyes:

I think (but don't know for sure) that that particular geocoin was not minted in pewter. And it would be one whopper of a coincidence that the previously-linked fake geocoin thread happened to show pictures of producing a fake, pewter Kansas geocoin, which is exactly what this eBay listing is showing (at least the pewter/Kansas part).

OK folks... lets do a bit of self moderating here. :rolleyes:

Things happen so quickly on the net when folks aren't around to defend themselves that we can quickly form a mob mentality and be standing at the gallows with a rope hanging when a person returns from a nice day of caching.

In the time period of an average work day we have gone from reporting on a possible fake auction to name calling to dragging in valid (Groundspeak approved) auctions.

I would hate to know that I went an entire day without reading the forums here only to come back and find out that I am a low down dirt sucking snake that no one likes anymore. :P:P

D-man :(

I think (but don't know for sure) that that particular geocoin was not minted in pewter. And it would be one whopper of a coincidence that the previously-linked fake geocoin thread happened to show pictures of producing a fake, pewter Kansas geocoin, which is exactly what this eBay listing is showing (at least the pewter/Kansas part).

Just because a coin isn't listed somewhere for public sale doesn't mean that they haven't been made at some point.

I know I have some coins in my collection that I designed that were made for "trade only" by the person making them that never showed up for sale anywhere. :P

D-man :P

What makes me the most dissapointed is how the seller took statements from Moun10bike's profile and is using them to help sell the coin. That alone is misrepresentation and I think should be reason enough to take down the auction.

I tell you what, I will definetly make sure I know who I am buying from when I bid on coins on-line.

OK I am now the current high bidder. I will keep you posted. I better get the coin and it better not be a fake or my attorney friend will be doing a little probono work for me. :P

GO LARRY!!!!!

Let larry win, y'all...if it turns out to be fake, our "friend" from Georgia's in for some hot water... :rolleyes:

Within seconds another person outbid me with what appears to be a fake e*** account "Bidder2". If that is the seller doing that then we have a violation of another e*** regulation and one that carries a pretty stiff penalty at that. This just keeps getting deeper.

Was he shill bidding???? I HOPE SO!