Something Bad.....Mount10Bike V2 on eplace

TokyoBlossom

OK load'EM up and get ready to fire...

Folks when you trade a coin to someone, they own that coin. You can not maintain ownership of something you traded away. If we trade cars, you can't tell me how to drive it. It is mine. Otherwise it isn't a trade but a loan, in which case I don't own it. These coins have been traded for, whether through mail, in person, or in caches. Trying to block a legal sale of someone's property for personal reasons is not right. Sure I would hate to see certain coins be sold oneBay, but again that is personal and not legal in any way. The only way you can stop your coins from being sold is to not trade them and keep them all for yourself.

If Groundspeak disables the tracking for these codes on these coins, then there needs to be an equal reaction for ANY coin traded and then sold without the consent of the original owner. While I like Jon, other than for creating this addiction :rolleyes: , his coins shouldn't be treated any different. We all paid for the same thing.

OK load'EM up and get ready to fire...

Folks when you trade a coin to someone, they own that coin. You can not maintain ownership of something you traded away. If we trade cars, you can't tell me how to drive it. It is mine. Otherwise it isn't a trade but a loan, in which case I don't own it. These coins have been traded for, whether through mail, in person, or in caches. Trying to block a legal sale of someone's property for personal reasons is not right. Sure I would hate to see certain coins be sold oneBay, but again that is personal and not legal in any way. The only way you can stop your coins from being sold is to not trade them and keep them all for yourself.

If Groundspeak disables the tracking for these codes on these coins, then there needs to be an equal reaction for ANY coin traded and then sold without the consent of the original owner. While I like Jon, other than for creating this addiction :rolleyes: , his coins shouldn't be treated any different. We all paid for the same thing.

I don't disagree with this generally speaking but I would categorize this as a common courtesy violation, not a legal one. Jon is quite explicit about not selling his coins. Is it illegal? No. Is it deplorable? Yes.

I hope I don't get in trouble for this, but I have some disturbing news...read on...

In this thread Familyof4 basically admitted to forging a geocoin so they could keep the original. I emailed them about this and this was their reply:

Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 23:26:43 -0400

From: mollymock@cox.net Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

To: mrogers07@sbcglobal.net

Subject: Re: [GEO] Arthur & Trillian contacting Familyof4 from Geocaching.com

Turns out, there's some profit to be made here!!

Visit my auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

---- mrogers07@sbcglobal.net wrote:

> --This message was sent through http://www.geocaching.com --

>

> Familyof4...

>

> Did you or did you not make that copy with the expressed purpose of

releasing it and keeping (stealing) the original?

>

> You need to release that original coin.

>

> User's Profile:

>

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=69...bc-9fd88d9f31c3

>

> ------------------------------------------------------------

> Forward abuse complaints to: contact@geocaching.com

I think they have made their pewter coin making business into a fraudulent one. They are making obvious copies of the Moun10bike v.2 coin and selling it. It looks like they copied and pasted the information from Moun10bike's website and added the bit about an alleged "tyrial run" in pewter.

Again, I apologize to the powers that be if posting an email here is verboten, but I felt people need to know.

I can forward the email that Familyof4 sent me for verification if necessary.

I think they have made their pewter coin making business into a fraudulent one. They are making obvious copies of the Moun10bike v.2 coin and selling it. It looks like they copied and pasted the information from Moun10bike's website and added the bit about an alleged "tyrial run" in pewter.

Again, I apologize to the powers that be if posting an email here is verboten, but I felt people need to know.

I can forward the email that Familyof4 sent me for verification if necessary.

If this is the case then wouldn't this be a violation of e*** policies and result in the listing being removed from e*** and the lister being banned from every buying or selling there? Not to mention the criminal or civil charges if anyone actually bought it and could prove it was an intentional fake.

Also saw this on another thread about this particular coin (205):

As far as the location of the original, your guess is as good as mine. It should be somewhere in my possession since it is obviously not in Austria! I’m not sure what I’ll do if I ever find it. Maybe I should mail it back to its original owner as a peace offering.

It is curious how much people actually value their integrity. :rolleyes:

Edited by larry739

arthur and trillian check the email adress is it the same as the ebay poster?

Their eBay user ID is "mollymock" and if you'll look at the email from them I posted above...guess what..."mollymock"...

I don't know how to do it, but someone needs to report this item and the user themselves to eBay for listing counterfeit items.

I was looking at coins on ebay and saw the Moun10bike coin there. After reading the ad I initially thought that Jon himself was selling it--that is until I saw it was from Georgia and the seller was mollymock*

Qote from Familyof4 from the other thread "I would be willing to bet that unless I sold the copy, or flooded the caches with duplicates, diluting the impact of the original, I am going to get away from this scot-free. "

I sure hope that he's wrong there....

Is it just me or does the 5 on the number look like an upside down 2, it doesn't look right to me.

The "5" has been photoshopped. It is in my opinion that this auction is not even from Family4 rather he is riding in on the coat tail of his closed thread about forging.

I think this person is just craving attention, he is getting this by not only forging coins and stealing the original but photoshopping a coin on ebay and making it appear as if he is involved with it.

What is it with Georgia cachers? I hope this is not how all Georgia cachers are, but there does seem to be a pattern :rolleyes: .

I was looking at coins on ebay and saw the Moun10bike coin there. After reading the ad I initially thought that Jon himself was selling it--that is until I saw it was from Georgia and the seller was mollymock*

Qote from Familyof4 from the other thread "I would be willing to bet that unless I sold the copy, or flooded the caches with duplicates, diluting the impact of the original, I am going to get away from this scot-free. "

I sure hope that he's wrong there....

I think this person has jumped into the realm of counterfeiting for profit...a REAL crime.

Is it just me or does the 5 on the number look like an upside down 2, it doesn't look right to me.

Yes, it is a wierd looking 5

Also way no photo of the back of the coin. For $100 you would think the seller could go the extra pennies to post both sides of the coin. I have emailed and requested a photo of the back of the coin.

arthur and trillian check the email adress is it the same as the ebay poster?

Their eBay user ID is "mollymock" and if you'll look at the email from them I posted above...guess what..."mollymock"...

I don't know how to do it, but someone needs to report this item and the user themselves to eBay for listing counterfeit items.

The "5" has been photoshopped. It is in my opinion that this auction is not even from Family4 rather he is riding in on the coat tail of his closed thread about forging.

I think this person is just craving attention, he is getting this by not only forging coins and stealing the original but photoshopping a coin on ebay and making it appear as if he is involved with it.

What is it with Georgia cachers? I hope this is not how all Georgia cachers are, but there does seem to be a pattern :rolleyes: .

Well having the same ebay user name as his email your received it looks like I was wrond.

Either way, Damenance...the user names fit, based on email and eBay user ID...that eBay handle has 85 positive votes on it, spanning a decent amount of time...and my email reply? That's Groundspeak email. Seems 2 + 2 = 4 on this one...

Besides, real coin or not, the auctiion is a fraud...and that is reportable...as far as I can tell, Moun10bike never made a "pewter trial run" on his v.2 coins...

From my past experience eBay isnt excited about ending an auction. Its less money for them.

I knew of a eBay PS who sold lots and lots of copied CD's. How did he do it? He put the copied CD in a blank sleeve with a sticker on the sleeve that said the CD was for "promotional use only". eBay never did anything about it.

It gets more interesting now....hmmm...do I beleive this person or do I still think they are full of crap?

Sat, 26 May 2007 07:22:50 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Rebecca Frey" <sukible68@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more

To: mrogers07@sbcglobal.net

Trust me on this, you can do it!!

What you saw was probably my tenth time casting an object. It is

simple.

Oh, BTW most of that was a hoax. I really did make the pewter one to

keep as a memento of my first geocoin found, but the pictures where it

slowly comes to resemble the original are PhotoShop fakes of the

original!! Just a prank, I thought that there would be people going ape over

this. I just thought that I would have a day or two to announce that

it was a hoax. This was gonig to be my next post :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

I created a FAKE ebay auction of a notorius conterfiet GeoCoin!!

Keep in touch, and let me know if I can give you any help on casting.

I am not an expert, but I know my way around the kit

Bill

aka familyof4

aka MollyMock

He sent this to me please don't post it i do not want to get involved! please respond to my message

You snooze, you lose. Get messages ASAP with AutoCheck

in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Member or Item being reported: 300115246521

I would like to report what I believe to be fraud occuring on the item number listed above. I will include links to help support my claim and will leave it up to you to decide the best course of action that needs to occur. I will be watching this auction and do hope that the right decision will be made.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=163998

This link actual includes an email address that matches the same user name of the the auction in question.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...p;#entry2884062

:rolleyes:

It is a test auction.

Perhaps...but when the seller has nothing to sell, it is fraudulent.

I am half tempted to purchase the coin using the BIN, of course I would use my credit card so I am protected. But I would be curious to see what the end results would be?.

It is no secret that these coins have sold for this price in the past, in fact $500.00 is a good price :rolleyes: !

I think I will bid on it.

It is a test auction.

I am half tempted to purchase the coin using the BIN, of course I would use my credit card so I am protected. But I would be curious to see what the end results would be?.

It is no secret that these coins have sold for this price in the past, in fact $500.00 is a good price :P !

Great minds think alike :rolleyes: .

I think I will bid on it.

It is a test auction.

It is no secret that these coins have sold for this price in the past, in fact $500.00 is a good price :P !

Great minds think alike :rolleyes: .

OK I am now the current high bidder. I will keep you posted. I better get the coin and it better not be a fake or my attorney friend will be doing a little probono work for me. :rolleyes:

GO LARRY!!!!!

Let larry win, y'all...if it turns out to be fake, our "friend" from Georgia's in for some hot water... :P

OK I am now the current high bidder. I will keep you posted. I better get the coin and it better not be a fake or my attorney friend will be doing a little probono work for me. :rolleyes:

GO LARRY!!!!!

Let larry win, y'all...if it turns out to be fake, our "friend" from Georgia's in for some hot water... :P

Within seconds another person outbid me with what appears to be a fake e*** account "Bidder2". If that is the seller doing that then we have a violation of another e*** regulation and one that carries a pretty stiff penalty at that. This just keeps getting deeper.

GO LARRY!!!!!

Within seconds another person outbid me with what appears to be a fake e*** account "Bidder2". If that is the seller doing that then we have a violation of another e*** regulation and one that carries a pretty stiff penalty at that. This just keeps getting deeper.

Indeed you cannot "spoof" to drive up the price. According to ebay any time a bid is retracted they will thoroughly investigate

Restriction: Your total number of bid retractions in the past six months is displayed in your Feedback Profile. eBay will thoroughly investigate bid retractions. Abuse of this feature may result in the suspension of your account. Bids retracted within the last 24 hours of listing may be viewed as bid shielding, which is a serious violation of our policy

Better yet, we should all bid it up to some astronomical price and then retract the bids LOL...

Will this affect my feedback if I retract a bid?

It can if the seller files a nonpayment dispute. Were you Bidder2?

No that was not me. How do you know it might be afake ebay account? It sucks not being able to see the names.