Geocacher Needs Maintenance Geocoin

scobey

I ordered my nickel coins on 21. August (didn't arrive yet), but just yesterday my partner qualified for an extra one...

It was just an easy city micro (GC15E6J), but to reach it he jumped, overlooked a part of the construction where the magnetic container was and hit his head... ;) a lot of blood, but looked much worse than it was. "Only" losts of skin lost, no deep wound (but will still need some time to heal...):

cacher_needs_maintenance_1.jpg

I am still feeling bad about it because he isn't into geocaching, but did this one for me because I was not tall enough to reach this one ;)

Edited by Steinwälzer

What a neat idea for a coin!!! I'm always getting banged up, bitten by thorns, cutting myself, etc.....

Two years ago during a geo-event, I tripped UP a mountain going back to our cabin in the evening and cut my knee down to the bone...... and hobbled along all weekend on a mountainside. Needless to say it was a VERY long weekend! No photos and I didn't even get a cache, sighhhh

It's amazing at how many 'war stories' there are out there..... makes my sliding down embankments, pinching my hands in rocks and tripping and falling seem quite normal, LOL!

And that's a wrap for the Cacher Needs Maintenance coins and pins. Thank you all, who supported the project!

I hope all who ordered the coins and pins because they were injured have fully recovered or are on the road to a full recovery.

Scobey's broken trocanter healed well and now he's coming back from knee surgery from a subsequent (noncaching) injury.

Hi there,

I ordered the last 5 pack I thought and haven't received a confirmation that they shipped.... the order was placed on the 15th. I sent a request at the email address that came on the payment confirmation email and it failed..... any suggestions on where I should check?

Thanks so much!

Sonya

PS, glad to hear Scoobey is on the road to recovery!

Hi there,

I ordered the last 5 pack I thought and haven't received a confirmation that they shipped.... the order was placed on the 15th. I sent a request at the email address that came on the payment confirmation email and it failed..... any suggestions on where I should check?

Your second e-mail was received and replied to, but I don't know why your first attempt bounced. Your order along with all others received as of this morning got dropped off at the post office on my way to the office after a few days delay for a variety of reasons.

Thanks for your support of the project and for closing it out with the final order!

I got your email this am.......so strange, thanks so much.

glad the coins were in stock. I'd rather a small delay and get the coins than a refund and out of stock, LOL!

Take care,

KT :)

Hi there,

Your second e-mail was received and replied to, but I don't know why your first attempt bounced. Your order along with all others received as of this morning got dropped off at the post office on my way to the office after a few days delay for a variety of reasons.

Thanks for your support of the project and for closing it out with the final order!

Well, crud. I just saw this thread, and definitely qualified. I was drilling out a fishing lure, making a geocache, and well you can see where this is going, right? Well, 2 shots of novacaine and a pair of needle nose pliers later, my left hand is all better.

I never knew a treble hook could be embedded all the way to the hilt like that - even when the barbs have already been cut off!

I would have loved to get hold of one of these coins!