Favorite Posts

I thought it would be fun just to share our favorite posts. :P

Please don't start debating what's in these posts, just post them. :anicute:

Anyhow, I'll start things out with this one:

For example, the community already generally agrees that entirely ficititious logs are not acceptable. We also agree that logging finds on your own caches is bad form.

But beyond that, there is a gray area. Next in line comes logging a cache as a find because you couldn't find it but you tried hard. Then comes logging a find on an archived cache on this site because you found a cache listed on another site. Then comes logging a missing cache as a find if you replace the container with a new one. Then comes logging a missing cache as a find if the owner says it is OK. Then comes logging additional finds on a cache if the owner gives you a "bonus" find for something else. Then comes logging pocket caches. Then comes logging multiple finds at an event. Then comes logging multiple finds on a cache that has moved. Finally comes logging a cache found by a group as a find for each member of the group.

Wow. That was such a cool post, I thought it deserved its own graphic.

2b8e4859-fc41-40a7-a6d1-bfa1c3dca3df.jpg

SixTen, you've been around since June, and I've enjoyed your participation in the forums. Meaning no disrespect, but IMHO you ain't seen nothin' when it comes to flame wars. This week marks the first anniversary of having moderators in these forums. Prior to that, it was the Wild Wild West for the most part. And the very act of adding moderators, cracking down on off-topic posting, personal attacks, etc., caused some additional angst in and of itself. I think things started mellowing out a bit in January of this year and it has steadily improved, for the most part, since then. Most recently, the new Off-Topic forum, where you are active, has in my opinion been a huge success with very little flaming, etc.

And as for the arguments back and forth, I like to think of the old cartoon series where the wolf and the sheep dog each walked to work in the morning, punched the time clock, said hello to each other and then began their respective jobs of stealing sheep and guarding sheep. At the end of the day, they punch out at the time clock and wish each other a pleasant evening. Here in the forums, the veterans have similarly grown accustomed to each others' points of view. I have learned to stop banging my head against the desk every time when Coyote Red advocates open cache data exchange or when Renegade Knight says that an independent organization of geocachers is needed. Instead, by listening to their ideas, respectfully presented, I've found I can learn something or at least I can respect the fact that others have passionately held beliefs because they are passionate about the sport. I would hope they would say the same of me, a goodie two shoes who has his head so far up Jeremy's butt that I can see Mopar's feet.

Emphasis added.

My favorite post of all time came from this thread Anyone Know Where My Husband Is?

6am my husband is not in bed. I figure he's just gone to the bathroom so I go back to sleep. Just after 7 my alarm goes off. Still no husband. The house is dark. The dog is hungry. But yet, what is that? A light is on in the computer room. So is the printer. But yet his work shoes are here.

Has he snuck off to do some early morning caching before work? Amazing. I can't get a morning lay but geo-caching can get him up. Messed up.

If anyone sees him out there can you send me the co-ordinates please? We have an intervention waiting for him.

Signed, #2 of the 3 Watts

The Leprechauns reply was classic :P

There is probably a long list of geocachers with a well-balanced perspective who could care less where your husband is, but would be happy to help with one of the specific complaints mentioned in your post.

Oh crud, no sense in quoting another King Riched post, since one has already been taken. He's a High School student from Pa. with the worst spelling skills in the history of mankind, who sporadically appears in the Northeast forum. (Either that or the most brilliant sock puppet ever conceived . :P ) So I'll have to go with a quote from Trackinthebox:

You guys solved ALL my ills in one fell swoop and the Moderators sealed it by allowing the horribly libelous comments to proceed.

I look forward to being the new owner here.

And once I am, YOU'RE ALL FIRED!

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Normally I'm an outgoing and gregarious guy. I talk to checkers in the store. I talk to folks in the line at the store. I probably make them all crazy. However, I really don't like most people. They are generally a stupid lot and piss me off regularly. I deal with folks with Masters degrees who are so freaking stupid I can't belive they manage to get dressed in the morning without putting both legs in the same sleeve.......

How could I NOT love this post???

This one was classic. :P

I am the only cacher in my area with over 300 finds, and I have more hides than everyone else combined, you could say I'm a big fish in a small pond. Anyway, my opinion matters around here and I make decisions. And the guy who hid the bad caches wasn't even from here, he was just draging bad Moncton NB caching into my county.

You can see the thread HERE

This one was classic. :(

I am the only cacher in my area with over 300 finds, and I have more hides than everyone else combined, you could say I'm a big fish in a small pond. Anyway, my opinion matters around here and I make decisions. And the guy who hid the bad caches wasn't even from here, he was just draging bad Moncton NB caching into my county.

You can see the thread HERE

That poor kid got beat up allot at recess, I'm bettin'. :rolleyes: I remember that one well. It was my forum sig for months. He didn't like me calling him PushKid. :P:P

Ah, and of course...

I like monkeys.

The pet store was selling them for 5¢ each. I thought that was odd since they were normally a couple thousand dollars each. I decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I bought 200.

I like monkeys.

I took my 200 monkeys home.

I have a big car.

I let one of them drive. His name was Sigmund.

He was retarded. In fact, none of them were really bright. They kept punching themselves in their genitals.

I laughed.

Then they punched my genitals.

I stopped laughing.

I herded them into my apartment.

They didn't adapt very well to their new environment.

They would screech, hurl themselves off of the couch at high speeds and slam into the wall.

Although humorous at first, the spectacle lost its novelty halfway into its third hour.

Two hours later I found out why all the monkeys were so inexpensive: they all died.

No apparent reason.

They all just sort of dropped dead.

Kinda odd like when you buy a goldfish and it dies five hours later.

dadgum cheap monkeys.

I didn't know what to do. There were 200 dead monkeys lying all over my apartment. On the bed, in the dresser, hanging from my bookcase.

It looked like I had 200 throw rugs.

I tried to flush one down the toilet.

It didn't work. It got stuck.

Then I had one dead, wet monkey and 199 dead, dry monkeys.

I tried pretending that they were just stuffed animals.

That worked for a while.

That is until they began to decompose.

Then it started to smell real bad.

I had to pee but there was a dead monkey in the toilet and I didn't want to call the plumber.

I was embarrassed.

I tried to slow down the decomposition by freezing them.

Unfortunately, there was only enough room for two monkeys at a time, so I had to change them every 30 seconds.

I also had to eat all the food in the freezer so it didn't all go bad.

I tried burning them.

Little did I know my bed was flammable.

I had to extinguish the fire.

Then I had one dead, wet monkey in my toilet, two dead, frozen monkeys in my freezer, and 197 dead, charred monkeys in a pile on my bed.

The odor wasn't improving.

I became agitated at my inability to dispose of my monkeys or use the bathroom.

I severely beat one of my monkeys.

I felt better.

I tried throwing them way but the garbage man said that the city wasn't allowed to dispose of charred primates.

I told him that I had a wet one.

He couldn't take that one either.

I didn't bother asking about the frozen ones.

I finally arrived at a solution.

I gave them out as Christmas gifts.

My friends didn't know quite what to say.

They pretended that they like them but I could tell they were lying.

Ingrates.

So I punched them in the genitals.

I like monkeys.

I guess I'll have to put them in a cache.

Edited by Renegade Knight

This is the closing post for "Economics 101, How to afford caching," a thread opened in response to people complaining about not being able to afford a premium membership.

We went through all of this in the other thread. Since this isn't an economics website, I'm going to close this thread in favor of the ones about geocaching. :)If you'd like to discuss economics, feel free to do so in the Off Topic section of the forums.

You'll need a premium membership to view it, however. Sorry.

Oh, the irony... :)
This is the closing post for "Economics 101, How to afford caching," a thread opened in response to people complaining about not being able to afford a premium membership.

We went through all of this in the other thread. Since this isn't an economics website, I'm going to close this thread in favor of the ones about geocaching. :)If you'd like to discuss economics, feel free to do so in the Off Topic section of the forums.

That's funny! :)

We went through all of this in the other thread. Since this isn't an economics website, I'm going to close this thread in favor of the ones about geocaching. :wub:If you'd like to discuss economics, feel free to do so in the Off Topic section of the forums.

:):):):):):););)

THAT is awesome!!!