tadpole379 personal geocoin

tadpole379

Samples are in!!!

...75 in Black Nickel with translucent enamel...

I've never seen this look good. Translucent over black just looks yucky. I hope you got samples of it first and verified that it looks okay. I'm surprised the minter didn't suggest not to do that, considering how bad it usually looks. If you already got a sample of the BN/translucent, could you post a picture as I'm curious how it turned out.

--Marky

The minter did suggest not to use translucent over black nickel, because it would be too dark, but I thought that it would look nice, so I ordered a couple of samples so I could see it. I used light colors like greens and yellows and I think it looks really cool. Everyone can tell me what they think when you get your coins.

DSCN1254.jpg

http://tadpole379.tripod.com/geocoin/id10.html I can't get the direct link to the image since my job blocks photobucket; but its on this site. The black doesn't seem to be showing through the translucents maybe there's a layer of something else? I think I can imagine how a coin might look bad; but I think this one looks pretty good :surprise:

What ever they did, it looks good. Almost looks like they put some color down, and then filled with clear. I'll have to look closer if I ever see one in person. :(

http://tadpole379.tripod.com/geocoin/id10.html I can't get the direct link to the image since my job blocks photobucket; but its on this site. The black doesn't seem to be showing through the translucents maybe there's a layer of something else? I think I can imagine how a coin might look bad; but I think this one looks pretty good :surprise:

What ever they did, it looks good. Almost looks like they put some color down, and then filled with clear. I'll have to look closer if I ever see one in person. :(

They put texture in the metal, and then put regular translucent enamel over the textured BN. :D

Got my translucent BN. i really love the coin, and im sad to let it leave my hands, but no point in paying money to see it sitting in my bedroom! There was some imperfections on the black metal but nothing too obvious. The nicest coin ive purchased to date.