Geocaching Calendars

Just a few things to keep you all in touch.

I still need quite a few photographs / avatars from people who have emailed them to me, sending to me on disc (I will return your disc with your calendar) the last date for any photos will be August 31st, and any avatars I have not received by then will be copied and pasted from your profiles.

After speaking to both charities they have asked me to send out the calendars in the order they are paid for, meaning they have to be paid for before I post them out (if you have a problem with this please let me know) although I would say most were paid for before they were received last year, so this should not be too much of a problem. :)

:D;) I am not a dodgy Geordie don't beleive them. ;);)

Payment can be made by cheque or paypal, at £6.00 per calendar.

The January page is complete and I have sent it via email to three different caching teams to have a look at and see what they thought of it, and the replies I had back were very good. :) I will be making 155 calendars to cover for any mistakes :D meaning if all goes well there will be 3 calendars left to sell.

I think that's it for now.

Mandy :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Oops, sorry, I'm one of the guilty ones who hasn't sent my disc.

Please could you tell me what size you need the pictures - mine is portrait format, how many pixels should I make the longest edge? Once you get down to about 500 pixels, the file sizes are very small, so I don't know if I could email it to you? I don't have a CD-RW on my computer, and was planning to put it on disc at work, but I forgot, sorry. ;)

I have no problem with regard to paying upfront.

Edited by ryme-intrinseca

Just a few things to keep you all in touch.

I still need quite a few photographs / avatars from people who have emailed them to me, sending to me on disc (I will return your disc with your calendar) the last date for any photos will be August 31st, and any avatars I have not received by then will be copied and pasted from your profiles.

After speaking to both charities they have asked me to send out the calendars in the order they are paid for, meaning they have to be paid for before I post them out (if you have a problem with this please let me know) although I would say most were paid for before they were received last year, so this should not be too much of a problem. :)

:D;) I am not a dodgy Geordie don't beleive them. ;);)

Payment can be made by cheque or paypal, at £6.00 per calendar.

The January page is complete and I have sent it via email to three different caching teams to have a look at and see what they thought of it, and the replies I had back were very good. :) I will be making 155 calendars to cover for any mistakes :D meaning if all goes well there will be 3 calendars left to sell.

I think that's it for now.

Mandy :D

When do you want payment - as soon as possible? Is there a last date by which payment must be made?

G

[

When do you want payment - as soon as possible? Is there a last date by which payment must be made?

G

I had never even thought of that Geoff ;)

I don't want any payments yet thats for sure ;)

I will start printing the calendars the first week in September after my kids have gone back to school after the Summer holidays. I want to give myself the whole of September to complete the calendars, and I will post them out during October I want everything finished by the middle of November, that includes posting and payments.

Earliest payment will be Monday 3rd September, and the latest date will be October 31st giving people 2 full month to pay. ;)

Mandy

Anyone else getting a feeling of deja vu here? ;)

Well I am ever so sorry Ian, like an earlier thread says if you don't want to read my threads then skip to another one you do want to read and ignore mine.

I have been asked by the charities to give information, which I have done.

M ;)

Two more points I have been asked to make

Payment by cheque will be £6.00 payment by PayPal will be £6.00 plus the Paypal charge (I don't know what that will be yet last year it was an extra 38p on £5.00) as the charities would loose out on all the Paypal charges if I only charged £6.00.

Any cheques that are posted to me will only be put into the bank once a week/fortnight (depending how many I have, as there is no bank in the little village I live in.

M ;)

We have recently had a huge melt down of our computer :blink: we had to have the mother board and power pack replaced, and have been without a computer for a while, what with that and being on dial up since February it has been difficult to do much work with the calendars, but we are progressing slowly again with them, and I also have my broadband back :blink:

I have lost loads photographs and will need to email some people for them again, sorry but these things are sent to try us :laughing:

All the people that have sent discs the photos I am going to use are now on my memory stick and I have choosen one photo from every person who has sent a disc, there are some fantastic pictures!!

I have 15 photos I am definitely going to use and I need 33, plus several I have lost that I will email for again, I have about 50% of the avatars I need it is a long trawl going through all your profiles and copying and pasting your avatars to my memory stick but I will get there :blink:

I would like to thank everyone who has emailed and phoned me to see if they could help while we were having computer problems, and to thank you all for your continued support.

I should be back on track very soon.

Please rememebr to let me have any photographs you would like me to look at as soon as possible.

Mandy :)

Anyone else getting a feeling of deja vu here? :blink:

Deja vu times 8 I would say

Why do people who never have / never intend to buy the calendars reply to this thread? :laughing:

As I said earlier if you don't want to read my calendar thread skip past it to one you do want to read.

M :blink:

Not sure you would really want me to answer that on here Mandy

What I like about the geocaching community it that it is diverse and has room for people with all sorts of associated interests.

We should celebrate that diversity, it doesn't matter that not everyone is interested in everything ... lifes not like that!

If you don't care for a particular thread just pass it by ... this is a geocaching community noticeboard not the Big Brother House for goodness sake!

What I like about the geocaching community it that it is diverse and has room for people with all sorts of associated interests.

We should celebrate that diversity, it doesn't matter that not everyone is interested in everything ... lifes not like that!

If you don't care for a particular thread just pass it by ... this is a geocaching community noticeboard not the Big Brother House for goodness sake!

AMEN

Well said Wendy and very eloquently worded.

Talking about Big Brother got to go and see what is happening on E4 :blink: come on Liam he only lives 2 miles from me, but I don't talk that broad Geordie :laughing:

Anyone else getting a feeling of deja vu here? :laughing:

Deja vu times 8 I would say

Why do people who never have / never intend to buy the calendars reply to this thread? :blink:

As I said earlier if you don't want to read my calendar thread skip past it to one you do want to read.

Not sure you would really want me to answer that on here Mandy

I really can't understand the need for what seems like nasty spiteful comments on this thread.

Personally I'm not interested in these calenders but many others obviously are and Mandy's heart is obviously in the right place so I'd suggest people back down, let her get on with it and ignore the thread if you're not interested.