UK-Wide Multi-cache - Important Update

Those of you who followed and, in many cases, contributed to the original thread of my proposal to set up a British Isles wide Multi-cache (BIG-Quest) project may be wondering what is happening with the project.

The answer is "Not very much"

The vast majority of this inactivity is down to me. For many reasons I find that I cannot devote as much time to this project as it deserves. Some of this is that I tend to spend a considerable time away from home, but another major contribution is that I am not really an avid Geocaching fan. I am certainly interested in the activity, and enjoy finding caches on my travels. But it is not a major factor in my life. Additionally I lack the experience in cache-setting and the necessary skills required in running a project such as this.

I still think that the project is an exciting one, (the interest shown by my original posting supports this), and should be progressed for the sake of all who are interested.

In view of this I feel (very sadly) that it is in the best interest of the project that I hand it over to someone else, or preferably a team of people, who can develop the idea.

I will willingly act as part of a new team, but do not want (or have the time/inclination) to head it. I have spent quite a lot of time thinking this through the project, and will gladly share my ideas with whoever takes over. I also have registered BigQuest.org.uk and BigQuest.co.uk and will arrange the transfer of these domains to the project when necessary.

So. I hereby throw the project open to offers.

Are YOU interested in taking it over?

If so contact me at BigQuest.uk@gmail.com or post in this thread.

(Whoops - Edited to correct email address to BigQuest.UK@gmail NOT BigQuest@gmail.com. Please don't forget ".uk@")

I wish to thank those individuals who have already played an important part in this project. In partcular to Bambology for the effort and expertise he contributed in the implementation of the Counties Database.

Edited by OldGimmer

Kinda figured that would happen when the original topic turned into a 10 page discussion about pretty(?) pictures and almost nothing about the proposed cache ;)

I've lost interest completely so would you please remove my name/email address/ whatever from your list of proposed cache setters. If anyone else wants Surrey, it's now available.

I have been and indeed am still building a website for this project, and am certainly interested in carrying this project forward! Those that are interested in helping, please let me know. I can't see that I have the time to devote to the overall setup of the project as the site is enough for me right now, but anyone willing to arrange permissions with Groundspeak and setup Guidelines and rules would be much appreciated!