nroute problem

Downloaded nroute this afternoon. After running the install process, it will run fine. However if I close nroute and try to run it I get an error message statign nroute cannot find any installed mapsource map products. Install one or more mapsource map products and start nroute again.

If I go back and go through the install procees, it works. Clicking on the icon causes the error message.

What gives?

Downloaded nroute this afternoon. After running the install process, it will run fine. However if I close nroute and try to run it I get an error message statign nroute cannot find any installed mapsource map products. Install one or more mapsource map products and start nroute again.

If I go back and go through the install procees, it works. Clicking on the icon causes the error message.

What gives?

It requires Garmin maps to be installed.

CitySelect, CityNavigator, MetroGuide or Topo.

nRoute is incomplete until the maps are installed.

What gives?

I already have MapSource Topo and City Navigator on my laptop. Do they need to be re-installed??

No.

Did you instal the nRoute in the same location as the Garmin maps on the laptop?

Yes. If I click on the icon and go through the whole install process, nroute works. close the program and click on the icon in the start menu, the error message pops up. Frustrating to say the least.

No.

Did you instal the nRoute in the same location as the Garmin maps on the laptop?

Yes. If I click on the icon and go through the whole install process, nroute works. close the program and click on the icon in the start menu, the error message pops up. Frustrating to say the least.

Might be a Vista problem. I downloaded nroute to my desktop which is running Windows XP and it runs fine. Click on the icon and no problems. Try to do the same on my laptop which is running Windows Vista, and I get the problem.

I think I'm just going to uninstall everything, then re-install everything to make sure everything is where its supposed to be. I should have to, but I can't figure out any other way to try and get htis to work.

I doubt if nRoute was designed for vista.

Many other people on other forums have been having problems with Garmin and Vista!

Maybe thats the problem. Everything else works ok, GPSr, MapSource with Topo & CN, etc. Just not nroute, at least not from the icon!! If I want to run the whole install process everytime it looks like it will work. Oh well.

I'm running nroute with Vista, no problems.

It sounds like maybe your desktop shortcut is pointing to the install file you downloaded, instead of the program file?

See if your shortcut is pointing to C:\Garmin\nRoute\nRoute.exe

Icon is fine. For some reason nroute is not recognizing anything from MapSource on my laptop.

That's because of VISTA user privileges... ( another bug ? )

It's easy though.

Just right-click the icon and select "Run as administrator". Then nRoute begins, and loads the maps.

Deniz Sevki Kayabay

www.kayabay.com

:(

What gives?

I already have MapSource Topo and City Navigator on my laptop. Do they need to be re-installed??

What versions of the maps?

nRoute will not work with newer versions of Garmin maps. If the maps show up in Mapsource 6.13.7, they will also work in nRoute.

If they require 6.14.x and newer, they will not work with nRoute.

nRoute will not be able to see them and will give that error message.

...ken...