Thursday off!

slowmo61

What about Thursday?

Thursday

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other uses, see Thursday (disambiguation).

The god Thor, after whom Thursday is named, by Mårten Eskil Winge, 1872

Thursday is either the fourth or fifth day of the week, falling between Wednesday and Friday. In countries that adopt the Sunday-first convention, it is considered the fifth day of the week. However, in ISO 8601 it is the fourth day of the week. In Slavic languages and in Chinese, this day's name is "fourth" (Polish czwartek, Russian четверг, pronounced CHET-vierg). Portuguese, too, uses a number for this day: quinta-feira, "fifth day", (see Days of the week for more on the different conventions).

The contemporary name comes from the Old English Þunresdæg (with loss of -n-, first in northern dialects, from influence of Old Norse Þorsdagr), meaning "Day of Thunor", this being a rough Germanic equivalent to the Latin Iovis Dies, "Jupiter's Day". Most Germanic and Latin speaking countries use their languages' equivalents: German Donnerstag, torsdag in Scandinavia, Italian giovedì, Spanish jueves, French jeudi, and Romanian joi.

In Thailand, the color associated with Thursday is orange, see [1]

Cat and I are going out to Carveacre on Thursday, if any are interested in tagging along

Cool! I hope you have lots of fun on the trails. Don't forget to put that little cut-off trail waypoint in your GPSr for "How many peaks can you name?" Somehow, SD Rowdies missed that one on his visit to the area. ;)

Cat and I are going out to Carveacre on Thursday, if any are interested in tagging along

Cool! I hope you have lots of fun on the trails. Don't forget to put that little cut-off trail waypoint in your GPSr for "How many peaks can you name?" Somehow, SD Rowdies missed that one on his visit to the area. ;)

I'm very old.

I'm very old.

You're gonna feel older after you grab that one. Don't forget your Deet and long-sleeves wouldn't be a bad idea - Ya gonna die!

I work a night shift on Thursday. I'm gonna head east to grab some caches but not sure where.

Harmon, wanna join me to somewhere. Hey, lookey here, an unfound cache, Los Pinos cache near Corte Madera. Hymm, be prepared for Corte Madera. Hymm, if we can get to that spur to Los Pinos, the hike to Corte Madera will be about 3 miles roundtrip, hymm - minus well go prepare to hike it ;) . Miragee, wanna go?

Maybe, I should post on the Events thread - nah, lets make it interesting here ;) .

I'm very old.

You're gonna feel older after you grab that one. Don't forget your Deet and long-sleeves wouldn't be a bad idea - Ya gonna die!

I work a night shift on Thursday. I'm gonna head east to grab some caches but not sure where.

Harmon, wanna join me to somewhere. Hey, lookey here, an unfound cache, Los Pinos cache near Corte Madera. Hymm, be prepared for Corte Madera. Hymm, if we can get to that spur to Los Pinos, the hike to Corte Madera will be about 3 miles roundtrip, hymm - minus well go prepare to hike it ;) . Miragee, wanna go?

Maybe, I should post on the Events thread - nah, lets make it interesting here ;) .

Truth is I walked right by that side trail when heading for the Chevy cache. I'm tied down tomorrow due to a commitment to my grandson.

I'll keep an eye out for your developing plan of attack.

Harmon

This is the correct link to Los Pinos cache by BBB. The link I used was to my unfound PQ; I wonder where it leads you guys?

My general plan of attack: drop off the girls at school circa 0745, then head east with Ginger!. I'm willing to drive anyone that is willing to meet me at the park n ride off Lake Jennings. For Miragee, I can pick you up at park n ride at I8 and Japatul. I need to head back around noon'ish and a half.

So, is this the new thread for Thursdays? It will only be a matter of time before an Admin commie shuts this down ;) .

Edited by Chuy!

What about Thursday?

IT'S THURSDAY!!!! :o

now what?

On Thursdays I get to archive caches. I think I will start with Jahoadi and John's caches in Nevada!

Bwahahahaha!

:anibad: We still have two that haven't been found. You need to come up to Fallon and get them! We appreciate all that you do for the caching community Mr. Road Runner!! :anibad:

What about Thursday?

IT'S THURSDAY!!!! :o

now what?

On Thursdays I get to archive caches. I think I will start with Jahoadi and John's caches in Nevada!

Bwahahahaha!

:D We still have two that haven't been found. You need to come up to Fallon and get them! We appreciate all that you do for the caching community Mr. Road Runner!! :o

:anibad::anibad: Great..now John is sucking up to the admin guys... he has no shame...r/jodi

:anibad::anibad: Great..now John is sucking up to the admin guys... he has no shame...r/jodi

Well if that's not a case of the kettle calling the pot calling the kettle black!

Anyhoo, perhaps the Evil Moose would like to begin his archiving with that nasty little hide in MLK Park? I think it is camo'd with an old pair of John's underwear hanging in the tree :o ! Ewwwwwww!

Well if that's not a case of the kettle calling the pot calling the kettle black!

Anyhoo, perhaps the Evil Moose would like to begin his archiving with that nasty little hide in MLK Park? I think it is camo'd with an old pair of John's underwear hanging in the tree :o ! Ewwwwwww!

Nope, I checked there and didn't find it. Look elsewhere.

We did part of the Carveacre/Gaskil trail today

bdd931d3-5dcb-475f-920d-9c0b54c12b12.jpg

af279b62-1737-4393-9d47-9940e26dc42b.jpg

It was about at this point we realized we were already on our second bottle of water and temps were already over 80

78f9042e-e7ac-4083-a410-fa509d20fa64.jpg

As we ran out of water we starting seeing colors

528478f6-6fbd-46d9-a341-3e249ae31598.jpg

Probably should have quit, but...

b9354a94-58dd-435f-8b1c-90d685130312.jpg

We think this trail is probably a 3 bottle trail as temps heat up.

Ginger! and I grabbed Corte Madera at 1030. Awesome 'lil hike!

f7b93c44-aff1-4bfd-a336-5f529b6a9452.jpg

Then, around noon-30, Norm gave us a tour of his "office" atop the fire tower look-out. This photo taken by Team Gecko; I used it 'cause I forgot to take a pic myself. But I was there - just check my name on Norm's register :laughing: .

d88a66e6-9962-4435-8874-7030ed684db6.jpg

Edited by Chuy!

<snip>

Thursday was quite the eventful day. :unsure: On the Channel 8 news at noon, they did a story about a place called "Covert Canyon," which is located west of the early sections of this trail. If you go to, "How many peaks can you name?" and further up from there, you can see the airstrip, which, according to the story is used as a rifle range for guns as large as 50 cal. When I have hiked up there, I have heard the shooting, and the shooting, and the shooting, and the shooting . . . :anicute:

Anyway, the guy who runs the place was doing all of this without any County permits, even though Army, Marines, and other Law Enforcement personnel have trained there. :laughing:

So, just wanted to let all of you know that a "stop work" order has been issued. If anyone hikes those trails and hears shooting again, report it to the County and to Steve Price of KFMB News.

Edited by Miragee

<snip>

Thursday was quite the eventful day. :P On the Channel 8 news at noon, they did a story about a place called "Covert Canyon," which is located west of the early sections of this trail. If you go to, "How many peaks can you name?" and further up from there, you can see the airstrip, which, according to the story is used as a rifle range for guns as large as 50 cal. When I have hiked up there, I have heard the shooting, and the shooting, and the shooting, and the shooting . . . :anicute:

Anyway, the guy who runs the place was doing all of this without any County permits, even though Army, Marines, and other Law Enforcement personnel have trained there. :tired:

So, just wanted to let all of you know that a "stop work" order has been issued. If anyone hikes those trails and hears shooting again, report it to the County and to Steve Price of KFMB News.

Norm, the Forest Service employee in the fire tower look-out, was telling me about the airstrip, and about an airplane crash nearby.