Geocaching Team Creation

mike16150

Hi, I started caching a few weeks back along with a friend of mine and it has really become addicting we have just added two more people to our caching group - my question is on a team. At this time we each have our unique username and we use these to log our finds in the logbooks and on the GeoCaching website - we DON'T want to change our username we only want to incorporate a team name that everyone with us could fall under, hence our team name in the logbook and on the website. The only time the team name would be used is when the entire team is present at the time of the find otherwise we would log under our usernames. Each user has a premium account - Is this possible to do? Will we have to create a "Team Username" and pay for the Premium account?

I searched the FAQ's and even the forums and couldn't find an answer - I even asked on the Groundspeak Support site and haven't had an answer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

mike16150

I suppose you could do it. I don't see any thing that would prevent it. No real need for the premium account if your individual account already has premium.

Are you going to log under your ind account AND the team account?? might make for a semi-confusing set of logs for the cache owner but would be the only way to keep everything straight. I do not know of anybody else doing this but it may be happening.

If your team wants to log Premium Member only cache finds, then yes, the team account will need to have a Premium Membership.

:(

Unless you use the well known "workaround".

(or are you saying the recent site update eliminated that - hmmmmmmmm......)

Ah, the famous "workaround". I wonder...

Here's my suggestion: Don't do it. There are a number of folks in my area who often cache together, but each one signs the log and each one logs it online too. I, for one, really appreciate everyone taking the time to say a few words about their own experience. Doesn't have to be much. But it's nice give something back to the person who took the trouble to create the hide...

Edited by hukilaulau

I've always wondered if you could do a team by having existing members "Join" The team name would include the members.

Sort of like how SETI had teams for the Screensaver. The real thing would then be what can you do with these teams? There are a lot of games and the like that could be created but...it would take stats to make most of them to work.

I never thought about ability to post a few comments and how you really couldn't do it if you only had a team name. I think after reading everyones post we'll just continue to function as individuals. We could always create a team name and log the finds both in the logbooks and on the website as individuals and just refer to the members by a created team name known to the local caching community.

Thanks for everyones thoughts.

I never thought about ability to post a few comments and how you really couldn't do it if you only had a team name. I think after reading everyones post we'll just continue to function as individuals. We could always create a team name and log the finds both in the logbooks and on the website as individuals and just refer to the members by a created team name known to the local caching community.

Thanks for everyones thoughts.

That's a way to do it. Sign the logbook with "Found by Team Geo (Mike16160, Doogie and GeoBoy were here).

Your individual online logs can read something like "Found this along with the rest of Team Geo...."

I've always wondered if you could do a team by having existing members "Join" The team name would include the members.

With any software application, the "Add" functionality is the easy part. Where it gets harder is with the "Delete" bit. There are enough after-divorce stories ("You take the kids, I'll take the FTF list") and that's when people split for (presumably) non-caching reasons; buddy-splits would be a lot more numerous.

I, for one, really appreciate everyone taking the time to say a few words about their own experience. Doesn't have to be much. But it's nice give something back to the person who took the trouble to create the hide...

I remember to let Aiden fill out the logs for your caches Huk :anibad:

Those would be the logs that smell like milk urp? :o That's OK! I love 'em all! :anibad: