If you are looking for Texas info.....

As a rule, there are not many Texas cachers who look in this forum. Even fewer who post here. If you need to get info about Texas geocaching ro need to contact a Texas cacher, there are other places you should look.

The statewide organization is Texas Geocachers Association

There are several local organizations as well (hopefully others will add to this list cuz I certainly don't know them all). You can get to most (if not all) of them through the TXGA site. I have also listed some here...

Central Texas Geocachers (Greater Austin area)

San Antonio Geocachers Assoc.

Houston Geocaching Society

Greater Abilene Geocachers Assoc.

Amarillo Geocachers

Pineywoods Cache Connection (East Texas)

Permian Basin Cachers Assoc.

Dallas/Ft. Worth (North Texas)

Valley Geocachers (Rio Grande Valley)

Southeast Texas Gang Geocachers

Heart Of Texas Geocaching (Waco/Temple/Killeen area)

West Texas Caching Association

Texoma Geocachers (Wichita Falls area)

Hope this helps!

SQ

Edited by Semper Questio
  • Upvote 1

I dunno. I see alot of TX cachers who at least read this section. They/we are 'specially prominant in the other forums, Off Topic, General, etc. ... But you are correct about the TX GC sites. I read most of those as well. To get local attention, you are better off axing in one of those locals. Top Shelf!!!

I dunno. I see alot of TX cachers who at least read this section. They/we are 'specially prominant in the other forums, Off Topic, General, etc. ... But you are correct about the TX GC sites. I read most of those as well. To get local attention, you are better off axing in one of those locals. Top Shelf!!!

OK, maybe "look in this forum" was not quite accurate. Perhaps I should have said "actively participate" . :ph34r:

Thats too bad- we really need a group around East Texas. Alot of us "cache-heads" here. We need to get together and fix this lil ol' problem. -Loraine

Well, working on setting up the CedarCreekGeocachers.com. We had our first event last month, and another one planned for Oct 3rd (waiting for it to be published). Domain is registered, logo is designed, work is proceeding on the site forum, details, etc.

ccg.logo.300x300.png

Edited by ehlersd

Apparently...I'm NOT Human. I can NOT get the letter/number code correct to register for the Texas Geocachers Association. :D

I just tested it and it works fine. You have to type the charatcters *exactly* as they are on the screen. Case sensitive!!

I can't get it to work either and it was exact

Apparently...I'm NOT Human. I can NOT get the letter/number code correct to register for the Texas Geocachers Association. :smile:

I just tested it and it works fine. You have to type the charatcters *exactly* as they are on the screen. Case sensitive!!

I can't get it to work either and it was exact

Couldn't get it to work either. What a shame. I wanted to join. :lol:

An updated list for a few link changes. I couldn't edit my original post.

As a rule, there are not many Texas cachers who look in this forum. Even fewer who post here. If you need to get info about Texas geocaching or need to contact a Texas cacher, there are other places you should look.

There are several local organizations as well (hopefully others will add to this list cuz I certainly don't know them all). You can get to most (if not all) of them through the TXGA site. I have also listed some here...

Central Texas Geocachers (Austin/San Antonio)

Amarillo Geocachers (Panhandle)

Cedar Creek Geocachers (East Texas)

Dallas/Ft. Worth

An updated list to include the STXA.

As a rule, there are not many Texas cachers who are active in this forum. If you need to get info about Texas geocaching or need to contact a Texas cacher, there are other places you can look and a better chance for success.

There are several local organizations as well (hopefully others will add to this list cuz I certainly don't know them all). You can get to most (if not all) of them through the TXGA site. Also, if you don't get answer from or about a particular cacher or area, try their regional sites. Some areas don't participate much in the TXGA forums either. The regional sites are (as far as I know - others please feel free to expand on this list!)....

Cedar Creek Geocachers (East Texas)

Dallas/Ft. Worth

South Texas Geocachers Assoc. (San Antonio and points south)

Another update. I've been informed that the South and East Texas sites are down. If anyone has any further updates, please add them.

As a rule, there are not many Texas cachers who are active in this forum. If you need to get info about Texas geocaching or need to contact a Texas cacher, there are other places you can look and a better chance for success.

The statewide organization is The Texas Geocachers Association (TXGA)

There are several local organizations as well (hopefully others will add to this list cuz I certainly don't know them all). You can get to most (if not all) of them through the TXGA site. Also, if you don't get answer from or about a particular cacher or area, try their regional sites. Some areas don't participate much in the TXGA forums either. The regional sites are (as far as I know - others please feel free to expand on this list!)....

Dallas/Ft. Worth

I'm not in charge of any of these, but thought I'd share the information:

http://stxga.com/ (South Texas Geocaching Association site) is up and running and has up-to-date information, events, etc...

The San Antonio Geocaching Association site is also up: http://www.sanantoniogeocachingassociation.com/default.asp This site contains past and present nominees and winners for the San Antonio Geocaching Awards. It's a good place to check out if you're new to the area or visiting and want to find the best caches around!

There's also a Facebook page for the SAGA: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=170520326687

UPDATE - Added STGA and SAGA sites, updated TXGA URL.

The statewide organization is The Texas Geocachers Assoc.

There are several local organizations as well (hopefully others will add to this list cuz I certainly don't know them all). You can get to most (if not all) of them through the Texas Geocachers Assoc. (TXGA) site. Also, if you don't get answer from or about a particular cacher or area, try their regional sites. Some areas don't participate much in the TXGA forums either. The regional sites are (as far as I know - others please feel free to expand on this list!)....

Amarillo Geocachers

Central Texas Geocachers (Austin Metro area)

DFW Geocaching

San Antonio Geocaching Assoc.

South Texas Geocaching Assoc.

West Texas Caching Assoc.

Edited by Semper Questio

Since we are bound to have at least a few new cachers in Texas since the holidays, I wanted to welcome you all to the group and the game and bump this thread back up to help you locate your local caching organizations.

Many of these organizations are the primary online meeting places for the cachers in their areas and they will be happy to welcome you into the fold and help you out with problems or questions. You can also quite often find someone to go caching with.

So, again, welcome to the game!

Since I am not a local...not sure which group I need to contact.

I want to fly into DFW and grab caches in TX, AR (near Texarkana) and into OK (near Idabel). Can someone point me in the right direction?

I'd suggest the DFW and, possibly, the Texoma sites. My understanding is that Texoma is based out of Wichita Falls which is NW of DFW, but I don't know how far east their group represents. I would think there should be enough help in the DFW group to get you to the TX-OK-AR corner.

Happy trails!

UPDATE - New URL for the DFW group

There are several local organizations as well (hopefully others will add to this list cuz I certainly don't know them all). You can get to most (if not all) of them through the Texas Geocachers Assoc. (TXGA) site. Also, if you don't get answer from or about a particular cacher or area, try their regional sites. Some areas don't participate much in the TXGA forums either. The regional sites are (as far as I know - others please feel free to expand on this list!)....

Amarillo Geocachers

DFW Geocaching

UPDATE - Fix URL for the South Texas group

Amarillo Geocachers

DFW Geocaching

UPDATE - To include the East Texas Facebook page

There are several local organizations as well (hopefully others will add to this list cuz I certainly don't know them all). You can get to most (if not all) of them through the Texas Geocachers Assoc. (TXGA) site. Also, if you don't get answer from or about a particular cacher or area, try their regional sites. Some areas don't participate much in the TXGA forums either.

The regional sites are (as far as I know - others please feel free to update this list!)....

Amarillo Geocachers

Central Texas Geocachers (Austin Metro area - Yahoo Group)

DFW Geocaching

East Texas (Facebook)

Edited by Semper Questio

We need a group in the North Dallas Area again. There was one, but I understand it is no longer. There is a Denton area group, but that is far from me. I see there were 500 + members of the Dallas group, so there are enough people for one. I was told it was too spread out, so maybe someone who has that leadership quality, wants to start a group in Plano, Richardson area.

Hello from the complete geocaching noobs of the Fort Worth Library!

Hello!

So, we know this is insanely short notice, but the Fort Worth Central Library is hosting a Geocaching Family Day on Sunday, November 3rd, 2013 in the Discovery Theatre from 2 - 4pm! This year marks the first time that FWL has begun its maiden voyage into the Geocaching world, so we’re all still learning the ropes as we go. We don’t have any fantastically neat stories of any memorable caches, ridiculously devious hides, or mind-shattering puzzles, yet…so we want to hear yours! Come hang out with us and other people interested in the hunt; come and share stories of magnificent victories or dreadful defeats; come show off photos, pathtags and trackables, and have a good time.

You’ll not only help us learn a lot about how we can make this a fun and entertaining program for other people in the future, you may convert any muggles who happen to join in on this little get together in the process.

(Just as a heads up, because the get together is on a Sunday, parking is free at any meter downtown. And the Central Library is open Sundays from 1 - 5pm, in case you’d like to wander through the library earlier or afterward.)

And because we missed the geocaching.com's 2-week deadline for posting of events, it won't be loggable, but it can still be fun!

Hope to see you guys there,

~Gil

Hi.

his isn't really the thread for this since this is mainly about where to find local Texas groups. It sounds like you could get more traction by going to http://www.dfwgeocaching.com/ and posting this info there.

Good luck!

Hello from the complete geocaching noobs of the Fort Worth Library!

Hello!

So, we know this is insanely short notice, but the Fort Worth Central Library is hosting a Geocaching Family Day on Sunday, November 3rd, 2013 in the Discovery Theatre from 2 - 4pm! This year marks the first time that FWL has begun its maiden voyage into the Geocaching world, so we’re all still learning the ropes as we go. We don’t have any fantastically neat stories of any memorable caches, ridiculously devious hides, or mind-shattering puzzles, yet…so we want to hear yours! Come hang out with us and other people interested in the hunt; come and share stories of magnificent victories or dreadful defeats; come show off photos, pathtags and trackables, and have a good time.

You’ll not only help us learn a lot about how we can make this a fun and entertaining program for other people in the future, you may convert any muggles who happen to join in on this little get together in the process.

(Just as a heads up, because the get together is on a Sunday, parking is free at any meter downtown. And the Central Library is open Sundays from 1 - 5pm, in case you’d like to wander through the library earlier or afterward.)

And because we missed the geocaching.com's 2-week deadline for posting of events, it won't be loggable, but it can still be fun!

Hope to see you guys there,

~Gil

Hi.

his isn't really the thread for this since this is mainly about where to find local Texas groups. It sounds like you could get more traction by going to http://www.dfwgeocaching.com/ and posting this info there.

Good luck!

My apologies, this thread was linked to me. Ok, so the link you posted didn't open on this computer, but I did find the Yahoo Groups page with the same title and posted to them. Thanks. Would it be ok/reasonable to post in the general South and Southeast section of this forum ( here: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=22 ) or would that be too speicfic a post for that large an area?

No apologies necessary. Yeah, the South and Southeast forum is fine. Just be aware that there is not a lot of activity from Texas cachers here. Most hang out in their respective local forums/groups/facebook.

If there is a new link for the DFW group, please post it here so the Texas groups list can be updated.

Thanks!

UPDATE - To include the McKinney area Facebook page, Change DFW to Yahoo Group, and add SJGR GC Assoc.

There are several local organizations as well (hopefully others will add to this list cuz I certainly don't know them all). You can get to most (if not all) of them through the Texas Geocachers Assoc. (TXGA) site. Also, if you don't get answer from or about a particular cacher or area, try their regional sites. Some areas don't participate much in the TXGA forums either.

The regional sites are (as far as I know - others please feel free to update this list!)....

Amarillo Geocachers

Central Texas Geocachers (Austin Metro area - Yahoo Group)

D/FW Geocaching (DFW Yahoo Group)

East Texas (Facebook)

Mid-Cities Geocaching (McKinney Area - Facebook)

SJGR Geocaching Association (North Texas)

Hey everyone. Just a heads up that the West Texas Geocaching Association is making a come back. The information regarding the "West Texas Caching Association" is out of date and inactive. SKnight579 has a new site with an active calendar ready and waiting to be used. Lets all of us, in West Texas, start to rebuild our community and make it strong. There are hundreds of us out there looking for a home and plenty of newbies that need guidance. Along with the adventure, geocaching builds communities and helps the environment. Come one, come all. Leave your comments and possible lend a hand/keyboard to make this association everything you would like it to be. The power is in your hands.

wtxga.png