Geocaching TV

Just wondering if any of you have been part of a TV program featuring geocaching. We have been asked to take part in a local outdoor/sportsman's program and figure we could use all the advice we can get. Does Geocaching.com have a policy on what can be said or shown? Here's what we have planned:

We figured on using the geocaching brochure as a 'script' so we keep everything simple.

We plan on 'finding' a fake cache that isn't even listed so we don't give up a location.

We have a container ready to go complete with travel bugs and geocoins.

We'll definitely highlight CITO.

Is there anything we are forgetting?

Try to avoid using the word caching if you can. I know that sounds odd but, when I try to explain this stuff to others, they don't hear the geo, they only hear the CASH. Then I have to deal with selective hearing. Try to convince a body there isn't money out in the woods...lol. I use a lot of other words instead and avoid the C word altogether if I can.

The other thing I would like to avoid is "treasure hunting". I get too many people who expect a big prize at the end.

I did a public TV thing a few years ago with my daughter. Unfortunately it never aired due to the production team getting behind work and graduating.

I got an email two days ago and a different public TV station wants to do a spot later this month. They happened to pick Gracie's birthday so I made sure she was invited. ;)

I think she'll steal the show. :anibad:

b4f9bf4a-9767-4a84-b437-b9d491637d81.jpg

CRAP! I knew we should have taken a grandkid with us. :anibad: That will be a very memorable birthday for your daughter. She's adorable with her stuffed Signal frog.

We found the whole experience to be very positive. The host of the show made sure we taped every step including signing the logbook and rehiding the cache so people don't get the wrong idea. We even touched on CITO and included dialogue like "don't step on that little tree". We used a fake cache and made sure there was no money or anything too valuable in it.

When I checked on the programs website I saw the word geo-cashing! A quick email got that fixed right away. ;)