"My Finds" Pocket Query Limit

-CacheMonkey-

I'm curious to know why I can run my other pocket queries each day of the week, but am limited to running My Finds only once a week. I'm not complaining about it, just wondering what the reasoning behind it was. If this has been answered someplace else, please point me in that direction. I've searched the FAQ's and forums with no luck. Thanks.

I'm curious to know why I can run my other pocket queries each day of the week, but am limited to running My Finds only once a week. I'm not complaining about it, just wondering what the reasoning behind it was. If this has been answered someplace else, please point me in that direction. I've searched the FAQ's and forums with no luck. Thanks.

It is a fairly involved search that can be really taxing on the servers because it includes all your caches including archived ones. In order to keep the hit down from folks who would run the search everytime they found a new cache it is limited to once a week.

The limit may not make sense at a find count less than 500 (the size of a pocket query), but at find counts of 2,000 or 5,000 or 8,000, it's a pretty big file to generate. There's more than 850 geocachers with 2,000+ finds. That's a lot of hamsters on a lot of wheels.

Groundspeak balanced the need for the useful information against the need to control the demand on the server, and once a week seemed about right.

The limit may not make sense at a find count less than 500 (the size of a pocket query), but at find counts of 2,000 or 5,000 or 8,000, it's a pretty big file to generate. There's more than 850 geocachers with 2,000+ finds. That's a lot of hamsters on a lot of wheels.

Groundspeak balanced the need for the useful information against the need to control the demand on the server, and once a week seemed about right.

That was pretty much what I figured. Thanks and happy hunting!!