ATHINA KIPOS (GC25EB) up for adoption

I adopted ATHINA KIPOS virtual cache a couple years ago when the owners apparently dropped out of geocaching and the Olympics were about to return to Athens. I didn't want to see the cache neglected or, worse yet, archived with so many visitors about to arrive.

That immediate crisis has now long since past, and I am ready and willing to pass the torch for this cache to a local geocacher who plans to stay in the game for at least a few more years. I am not an Athenian, and my visits to your lovely city are infrequent, so I think it would be best if a local geocacher maintained it.

Please reply to this topic or send an email via my profile link if you are willing to take on this responsibility. If there are multiple volunteers, I'll pass it to the person who has the earliest "joined" date in their profile.

Thanks.

I adopted ATHINA KIPOS virtual cache a couple years ago when the owners apparently dropped out of geocaching and the Olympics were about to return to Athens. I didn't want to see the cache neglected or, worse yet, archived with so many visitors about to arrive.

That immediate crisis has now long since past, and I am ready and willing to pass the torch for this cache to a local geocacher who plans to stay in the game for at least a few more years. I am not an Athenian, and my visits to your lovely city are infrequent, so I think it would be best if a local geocacher maintained it.

Please reply to this topic or send an email via my profile link if you are willing to take on this responsibility. If there are multiple volunteers, I'll pass it to the person who has the earliest "joined" date in their profile.

Thanks.

Hi !

This is a virtual cache, what maintenance do you have to do?

None is gonna lose any film canisters or listerine boxes...

Yanni

:) den exei anadromiki isxii san tis sinta3eis toy TEBE?

ok den to i3era,tora to ematha!

kai malon ekana blakeia pou stamatisa ena virtual cache pu eixa!!!!!!

Den nomizo na sou dosane pote tin adeia na ginei published...

Ego eixa prospathisei kapoia stigmi na valo merika virtual stin paraliaki, alla "efaga porta" apo ton approver...

Den peirazei, me ta lathi mas mathainoume !

YanniG

:) gia na eime ilikrinis eixa kanei en agnia mou mia ''patata''

Ebala oti einai kanoniki cache (apo afirimada) alla meta stis simioseis egrapsa oti einai virtual cache.

Etsi esteila enan na apolafsei tin katapliktiki thea pano apo to Pageo oros stin Kabala.

Alla meta apo ligous mines to akirosa,epidi eixa dei oti den epitreponte ta virtual.

Thanks.

Hi !

This is a virtual cache, what maintenance do you have to do?

None is gonna lose any film canisters or listerine boxes...

Yanni

The maintenance for this virtual cache is simple but still necessary. The finders are required to send an email telling the name on the statue, and they are not permitted to post photos showing the name. So maintenance includes:

1. Checking to ensure those logging the cache as "found" also send you an email with the correct answer. That is not difficult because you will automatically get an email from Groundspeak.com anytime a log is posted to the cache.

2. Checking online logs to ensure photos don't show the name on the statue.

3. Being able to check on the cache if any problems are reported.