Allen, Texas

Hey is there anyone here in Allen that I could hookup with for a bit maybe even get some caches or something. I went to the Rockkin cache and again my gps put me in the middle of the road and apparently its somwhere else. I would like to hookup with someone to compare coordinates with my new vista cx b/c its still giving me wrong coordinates. I would really apreciate it. I'm currently staying at the hilton garden in on

705 Central Expressway - south

My movile is 417-496-2611 if you need to call instead of reply or pm me.

Thanks

-Dave

Thanks for locking that one :)

lol i started readying that and laughed so hard i'm crying hahaha

Thats great :)

No i thought about it and was thinking Hmmm that would be hard to meet someone in the back of a building neer what they call a cach spot lol

I took my co-worker to get a few but i was sad when i tried to find "Rockin' by Tizom (GCXY3T)"

And it put us in the middle of driveway/street and i kinda felt stupid showing her what its about and my gps is way off :)

I dont even know how to fix it if it is way off thats why i would like to compare coordinates with someone that has a gps that works :)

But yea i loved your post :P

an update

link to other forum

http://www.txga.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3840

Ok here is what i got on google earth. which by the way i just found out is a heck of a way to cheat that makes it too easy. But i must have walked right by it.

Is it normal for the gps to be that far off?

I wonder why its that far off and the magellan sportrack color would have put me right on top of it within 2 to 3 feet basically

coordinates.JPG

Originally posted by Kraz3yCacher - 05/23/2007 : 10:35:17 AM

an update

link to other forum

http://www.txga.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3840

Ok here is what i got on google earth. which by the way i just found out is a heck of a way to cheat that makes it too easy. But i must have walked right by it.

Is it normal for the gps to be that far off?

I wonder why its that far off and the magellan sportrack color would have put me right on top of it within 2 to 3 feet basically

coordinates.JPG

Originally posted by Kraz3yCacher - 05/23/2007 : 10:35:17 AM

Well we may be narrowing down the issue. I did find a few caches no thanks to my gps but to google earth and descriptions of the cache.

going back to this post now.

Vista Cx