TB question?

sparky660

I was curious if was frowned upon to take a tour bug from a cache without dropping one when the cache is considered an exchange? I see some have taken but didn't drop one at this particular cache but want to know if this is the norm within the geocaching community. This is the cache title- YellowHead Pond TB Exchange-YLHDAB. I found my first geocache 3 days ago my first time out and am hooked. :P

Thanks for the help guys. I went to find the cache and came back empty handed last night :D . I know I was in the correct area because I noticed fresh footprints. I think that ithe cache may have been muggled. I hope it wasn't as inventory show three travel bugs. I PM'd the owner and hope to hear back from them soon as I would like to try and find it again if it wasn't. I was batting a thousand until this cache. Oh well there will be others no doubt.

Edited by sparky660
:laughing: My worst fears were confirmed today. The owner of the cache posted that it had been muggled. Sad, as I had plans for one of the travel bugs. Does this sort of thing happen often? What was depressing the most id that there were 3 TB's in this cash. I feel for the owners and hope that they show up.

Hmm. Not too long ago someone set up a TB hotel in a park near my house. I found it and swapped a geocoin for a geocoin and then took 2 TBs to move along (thinking as its been mentioned here that they aren't trade items and you want to get 'em moving.) Not having a PDA with all the details, I later read the cache description again and the owner stated "drop one, take one." So I felt bad because I took 2 TBs and didn't leave any. So now I feel like I "owe" the cache 2 TBs. Is that a common thing for a TB hotel? To try to keep it full by asking for even swaps? I was thinking the object is to move the TBs along. I guess the cache owner makes the call on that.

Is that a common thing for a TB hotel? To try to keep it full by asking for even swaps? I was thinking the object is to move the TBs along. I guess the cache owner makes the call on that.

Fortunately it's not that common. Travel bugs are meant to move and cache owners shouldn't be placing restrictions on other people's bugs. I recommend ignoring such rules.

If a travel bug hotel is in a good spot for the quick and easy exchange of travel bugs, then an empty hotel won't stay empty long. People are always looking for a convenient place to drop bugs off. The owner of a well-placed hotel should actually be pleased if the hotel is occasionally empty, since it shows that the hotel is serving its purpose: to get bugs moving quickly. And if a hotel does stay empty for long periods of time without the cache owner continually raiding other caches to re-stock it, then it's not a good place for a travel bug hotel. - the hermit crabs Dec 2 2005