Problems with German Coin Owner

Timber_Wolf

Hello, i am here in Lubbock, Tx.

I moved from Germany to this place some weeks ago.

Now in Germany i picked up a Coin, but because of the movingstress and so on i forgot to log it.

After is did and i told the Owner that i will place it in Texas he started to tell me that i have to place the coin ASAP.

Right now i have no Car and on Foot it's not realy so easy in Lubbock.

The only Cache i could walk to where Coins would fit is for the last 2 weeks under water.

First the Owner said he will press cacharges agains me. I told him he should go on.

Then he told me if i don't place the Coin in a cache in the next 48 hours he will tell Geocaching that it's Lost.

GC104RH is the Cache and if you read you will understand that i have to wait undil the water goes down.

So should i do something? Because i will not send this coin on my expenses back to germany and like i said i have to wait at least one week. But he doesn't understand.

Greetings The worst this this coin owner can do is mark the coin missing. He can not press charges. And Groundspeak will take no actions against you. Once it is released by him it is concidered in the wild free to travel with a chance of going missing to muggles , let alone into someones collection to never be seen again. You have been responcible to contact him.

Perhaps you can mail it to someone local , and or in one of the states at a minimal cost and they can drop the coin for you. People get "possessive" about travelers they set free. It's a risk in general that we take when we set coins free. There are many cachers that frequent these forums from Texas, I'm sure one would place it in a cache for you, and or you can simply wait to let the waters receed at the cache close. Glenn

EDIT to add option

Edited by glennk721

Sounds like the coin owner is upset and anxious, but it really is no fault of yours. You are doing the right thing by protecting the coin from flood waters. Place the coin when it is safe to do so.

If the coin owner chooses to mark the coin as missing, its status will change as soon as you drop the coin into a cache. Make sure you have a copy of the tracking number on hand just in case you have to "grab" it back before you can "drop" it off.

If you are still concerned, you may be able to pass it on to a fellow geocacher in the Texas area who may be able to drop it off sooner at a more distant cache location.

Good luck, best wishes and welcome to the United States! :P

Hi there... are you talking about the Germany 2007 Series 2 Coin owned by detour 222? You've only had the coin for 3 weeks!! Granted it's one week longer than suggested but it's not a crime to hold onto a coin that long especially if you're in contact with the owner about it. Sheesh, what's his problem!!?? Besides you've just moved his coin about 6000 miles or so!!

Since there are no caches available to you to drop the coin off why not create your own cache to drop the coin into?

Hi there... are you talking about the Germany 2007 Series 2 Coin owned by detour 222? You've only had the coin for 3 weeks!! Granted it's one week longer than suggested but it's not a crime to hold onto a coin that long especially if you're in contact with the owner about it. Sheesh, what's his problem!!?? Besides you've just moved his coin about 6000 miles or so!!

Since there are no caches available to you to drop the coin off why not create your own cache to drop the coin into?

Yes i am talking about this Coin.

Thx for all this answers.

I am happy to be here in the Country and glad about all this friendly people.

I told him in my last email he should do what whatever he wants to do, and should not send me any more mails.

I will place this Coin ASAP if the Cache if it still there. If not he has to wait until i get my mountianbike back (the Container from germany still takes two weeks) or until i get a car.

If needed I will pay you the necessary shipping fee to send it to me and then I will set it free. Email me if you would like to proceed.

I would also like to think that someone from your area may see this plea and meet you somewhere to assist.

If he is sending you hate mail via GC.com you have the right to report it. He will then receive a taste of his own medicine.

Edited by Damenace

As a newbie here I'm surprised by the attitude about you having the coin....

as far as I am concerned if i release a coin, yes it's mine, but it now belongs to the geocaching community and there's every chance i may never hear from it again.... but thats why I put it out there.

End of the day if you want to control where your coin is ... don't send it out...

Me... I hope my coins travel far and wide.... and if one spends three weeks on holiday with someone before it jumps back into a cache... so what! I hope you get one of mine....

You might be a newbie as far as your involvement is concerned, but you have a veteran's attitude :P We can use all the cachers like you that we can get!

As a newbie here I'm surprised by the attitude about you having the coin....

as far as I am concerned if i release a coin, yes it's mine, but it now belongs to the geocaching community and there's every chance i may never hear from it again.... but thats why I put it out there.

End of the day if you want to control where your coin is ... don't send it out...

Me... I hope my coins travel far and wide.... and if one spends three weeks on holiday with someone before it jumps back into a cache... so what! I hope you get one of mine....

As for the coin in question... Welcome to America, Timber_Wolf! Hope you find us Yanks to be better than the media sometimes portray us. I certainly wouldn't worry about it; do what you can when you can. We have a coin that's been in one guy's hands for nearly a year. I lost track of it and just sent him a little "What's up?" note today. I don't have time to be worried about the travelers we send out; they move when they move. Sometimes one of them vanishes; So It Goes. We "lost" one of another cacher's that we finally found (in a cache! I'd actually put it there, but forgotten to log it :) ) more than a year later. The guy was annoyed, but he knew that I would keep looking for it, and he was thrilled when it finally showed up. Most cachers aren't jerks; you just happened to find a coin of one the clown cachers. Ignore him. When you drop the coin, you'll be rid of him, and you will know that you did everything as best you could :) Hope you have fun caching in the States!

If needed I will pay you the necessary shipping fee to send it to me and then I will set it free. Email me if you would like to proceed.

I would also like to think that someone from your area may see this plea and meet you somewhere to assist.

If he is sending you hate mail via GC.com you have the right to report it. He will then receive a taste of his own medicine.

He still sends me mails via GC.com after i told him he should never send me one again.

Where can i report him?

We planed to walk to a different park on sunday, i hope there is a chance to drop his coin.

If i have no chance to drop it i will probale send it to someone.

:P Don't sweat it TW, just know you're not doing anything wrong, at least you let em know what was going on. Some folks won't do that. Cache on. No Worries. :)

Yes, at least you're trying to be honest.

I presently have a missing geocoin/travel bug, but it's still listed in someone's possession. When I contacted them, they said they didn't have it. When I asked them to log it where ever they put it, I got no reply.

Go figure. I find most geocachers to be the most honest people I know.

You've done nothing wrong. THe coin owner is too anxious and unweilding. I'd be happy to have you grab any of my coins! Don't worry. Ignore his emails. THere is nothing he can do except make you feel bad...and you have nothing to feel bad about! At least the owner knows where his coin is! He should be happy about that. I dropped a coin last week. Checked hours later and it was gone, but still hasn't been reported as being grabbed.

Hello Timber Wolf, and welcome to Texas.

You have done nothing incorrect with this coin, and letting the owner know what was going on was absolutely correct. You can't help it that they get anal! And you are right to protect the coin from possible loss in high water. Perhaps they don't realize the power water has to relocate things.

I am a bit too far east to be of any help to you, but in the Lubbock area try here, and for all Texas, the association can be found here. You might find assistance at these locations, along with new caching buddies to get you started again.

Take care, and happy caching.

Hello Timber Wolf, and welcome to Texas.

You have done nothing incorrect with this coin, and letting the owner know what was going on was absolutely correct. You can't help it that they get anal! And you are right to protect the coin from possible loss in high water. Perhaps they don't realize the power water has to relocate things.

I am a bit too far east to be of any help to you, but in the Lubbock area try here, and for all Texas, the association can be found here. You might find assistance at these locations, along with new caching buddies to get you started again.

Take care, and happy caching.

Exactly.

Edited by BlueDeuce

You've done nothing wrong.

Of course he did and not only on my coin. In the referenced postings you will find a few examples for forgetting something to do. One of them last for a year or two.

Don't have the time for translation. sorry for that. If you have the chance, please feel free to do so...!

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=2873731

I wish I could read german. :D

Edited by Team GCHound

If he wants it, he can come get it! :D

Seriously, I don't see that there's anything he can do about it, other than mark it lost. He's just getting a bit too over-zealous. An attitude like that could make someone just "Forget" about the coin. Then where's he at?

For the Record, what happens when someone does mark a coin as lost? Is it un-loggable, or can it be "found" by someone later?

Of course he did and not only on my coin. In the referenced postings you will find a few examples for forgetting something to do. One of them last for a year or two.

Don't have the time for translation. sorry for that. If you have the chance, please feel free to do so...!

And accodring to Babel Fish this is what it says, my concern is that since this was all in German this translation is a one side response. I am not about to translate everypost to get the whole story. I tried to plug in the URL but it would not work for me.

I hang myself now simply times to your Posting. Since I am been versed with the system niht, I hope that it folds and it with me if necessary indulgence has. Since an affair is discussed here, which logical-proves two sides has, I would like to contribute mine part to it, the one-sided reporting over this stupid situation to terminate. I regard that not only as right but in the meantime as obligation for this position to refer. To send on ahead I would like here that I was pointed out in current Mail traffic, that Mails would be subject to the post office secret. This was well-known me, surprised me nevertheless altogether. Now, which concerns my Mails, I make the decision. With the other received Mails I will have to quote probably carefully and/or me to the things will limit, which were here already publicly addressed. And, I am able to begin if necessary the proof. Quoted texts are italically represented here. It concerns the Coin: GE9ZCB (Goals: Take ME, but don't keep ME too long!) To 10.05.2007 I received the automatically generated message that the Coin from a Cache (GC10BDG) was saved. Before he was put down there to 09.04.2007. This message was antedated on the 20.04.2007 and contained the following additional report (this contents can be reread by everyone): Unfortunately has I forget the TB to log. Therefore I accepted times the date. Also had I forget it again in Germany to leave free. If the Owner does not have anything against it, the TB will make a round trip by the USA. (I can infer from this message neither a reference to a computer, also the sea route am still that there are problems with an InterNet entrance. Beyond that a zeitunterschied is, that not "golden the Rule" corresponds. between supposed finding and logging) In addition then still the log: April 20 by Timber_Wolf (63 found) I has unfortunately no notion when I with the Cache was. Therefore I log now after. Out: TB Altogether I am however not so pingelig that I would have been already annoyed at it. I was pleased naturally about the fact that my Coin should begin a so far journey. I felt as direct hit, in particular already because I regard myself still as a beginner! After receipt of the automatically generated Mail I set with the present owner of the Coin in connection and divided for him with: Naturally I do not have anything against it. I would have also nothing against it if the TB goes in the USA into a Cache. I received thereupon the reference to the Cache GC104RH and the fact that this would be at present under water and otherwise only would be there to be found Micros in the next environment (this in the forum to read already here is, probably hurts I no post office secret). I reacted with the following words to this report: ... well then I press "us" times the thumbs that either the water level lowers itself or arises another opportunity. , I did not understand, the absolutely unnecessary and patzige reaction following on it until today. On repeated inquiries to call the reason for it I received so far no answer. I wrote thereupon (the indications "XXX" mark a word of my Gegenuebers, which I may not show here): ... I do not understand with that the XXXXXXX now really. What sounded thereafter? Starting from this time the thought forced itself upon me somehow that does not tune something here. And that is still like that, since on concrete questions consequently no concrete answers came. From here on I was annoyed. I admit that. From this time on, I began to interest however also in the present owner and discovered myself thereby some articles written by him here in the forum, which let me listen attentively. 1.) 27.04.2004, 09:02 TO, post office # 60 http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php... 78403&st=50 quotation: I have a drinking backpack with three litres water and everything which one otherwise need. So for a long time that than 15 km per distance I do not make myself concerns away not longer. And if I see sowas plan I still 2 hours more already before. 2.) 27.04.2004, 09:22 TO, post office # 62 quotation: Perhaps my opinions are also too extrm that want I did not abstreiten however so 2 hours to go for a Cache that are nevertheless ok. That would not be nevertheless any more than 12 kilometers that should for everyone to be created have. And if one makes then still less than 200 elevator meters should still as simple Cache apply after I it as moderately severe would classify. And one should classify everything over 40 km as heavy. 3.) 31.08.2004, 01:35, post office # 4 http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php... =79029&st=0 quotation: I wrote today to JoeMelony email and for it asked the TBs to suspend or say where he live thereby her someone to fetch can. The statements to 1.) and 2.) I inferred that the author does not shrink from itself a few meter further to go. The statement to 3.) I inferred that the author does not like it also if a TB/a Coin etc. somewhere in sinking disappears. These before-designated data of the author in connection with the present situation in connection with my Coin, resulted in an irresolute and illogical picture for me. I would like to explain this here a little and hope that you apply please the patience to read this attentively. I am not a pea counter however I was sure me that some data, which I received by Mail did not apply. Here in the forum it was reported, I would have required that if necessary 20 miles would be to be run. That is untrue. Also I never met the statement to let the work lie. I took and then in the periphery looked for the Cache designated before, GC104RH, which was set under water, as reference. As already mentioned, the total situation made me stutzig and thus very curious. The data for distance refer to the o. g. point of reference. I found the following: 1.) GCQBTQ, name: Caliche Beach, Size: CAN, 2.2 km 2.) GCY6KA, name: Peligro 5193, Size: Small, 3.7 km 3.) GCT040, name: Anyone draws to A park, Size: Small. 4.4 km 4.) GCT5MZ, name: You CAN lake the world, Size: Small, 4.5 km 5.) GCH5K2, name: Liano History - open rank Era, Size: Regular, 4.8 km 6.) GC112NT, name: And (no meaning) which it's name, Size: Small, 5 km For this I would like to ask, before under 1.) and 2.) to read met statements if necessary again. Then becomes probably clear, which was noticeable to me. There is not all long ways! I accused nobody the theft. Me the avoiding answers became however too sometime multicolored and I could the question be hinreissen, ... can be it that I should make myself familiar with the thought possibly that the Coin from now on "draws" as to be booked is? I did not receive an useful answer, words rather instructing. Thus now finally all politeness had been terminated and I became sour...! I try to hold by the rules. If I find a TB or a Coin, whose goals I cannot advance if necessary, then I let her lie. Likewise, if I do not know exactly, the "traveler" which goals could have. If I carry a "travel guest forward", then I know the fact that I stand with the Owner in the responsibility and deals as carefully as only at all possible with it. And if times really somewhat beside it goes, then that is surely annoying and perhaps also not more to change, but no disaster lengthens. But around this to explain, it needs only a few words. And then also grass grows sometime over the thing. Me in this situation the confidence was misplaced somehow to mine opposite. Is that amazing? How could one change that? So, I am in the coming week vocationally on the way and can therefore presumably only starting from Friday, 25.05.07, react.
Edited by Damenace

For the Record, what happens when someone does mark a coin as lost? Is it un-loggable, or can it be "found" by someone later?

Whoever has the tracking number could pull it out of the unknown and drop it into a cache listing.

However I strongly recommend not going against the coin owner's wishes. If they want to take it out of circulation you should abide. Offer to mail it back to them or have them pay for shipping so the coin is no longer being picked up by the random cacher.

edit: You can also place coin out to an unknown location of you like to offer your coins up to be Discovered. This allows people the option without having to drop them into a cache or event and it keeps them out of your drop inventory.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I wish I could read german. :D

The Story is easy. Timber_Wolf ist a phony and liar.

Hee told me a cock-and-bull story on FrozenBoneEvent January 2006 about one TB. He said he moved the TB to the USA, and it took a wee bit longer to move the TB. And then the owner was pissed, instead of lucky about the traveled miles...

But did´t tell me, it took over 1 Year...

He has only moved /discovered about 29 TB and Coins.

There are two Tb he kept for over one year, and many others for more than 6 Month;

Actually he kept another one for over 5 Months and that coin he can´t drop either.

Finally: I had make puplic his former annoyance with TBs in german forum, where he startet first to get assistance.

Now everybody except Radioscout is sad about him, so he trys here to get help.

Yes walking is good for me.

And in germany in liked to walk very much.

But not in Lubbock, where you have no sidewalks.

the Last time we wanted to get to one cache thats only 5 km away, it took us one a safe route more then two hours. And then we were still 2 km away from this cache. The only possible way was over an 6 lane street for this 2 km. Do you think i want to get killed by the people here that never saw an petestrian. And in this case i had a child with me.

By the way i dropped all my TB"s and Coin"s off.

A friend cave me his truck, so i could get to an other Park.

But detours Coin was already out of my list.

i don't get it. why does it have to go in that one cache under water? there's lots of other caches around there within a couple miles. walking is good for you!

:D

Please check this, the droped coins and the time they have been in the hands of T_W

GCYD2M

i don't get it. why does it have to go in that one cache under water? there's lots of other caches around there within a couple miles. walking is good for you!

:D

Please check this, the droped coins and the time they have been in the hands of T_W

GCYD2M

:)

GCYD2M

It's only about your Coin.

I never said that i am an angel.

Your Coin is out.

And like you can read her some owners know that there TB's and Coin"s sometimes get lost in the backpack of the Cachers. An yes in my backpack i lost several. But i found them all the time. Mostly after i finieshed moving in my new apptment or at my new desk at work.

Oh by the way, the other thread says more or less that i lie and i hold some TB's for over one year or two.

It says that i had problems with some people in the cologne area because i said that some of the caches that were 4 or 5 stars rated were to easy for me.

One of this caches was that you had to climb on hill for about 200 meters and after this you had to go down.

In my BDU it was no problem to get up und i was riding on the sohle of the boot down. So i said it should rated lower. It was this one: GCH919

But with the same people i had problems, i it did this Cache: GCCD1E

So i think this makes it even.

EDIT: and thats how some germs are (i know what germs means) detour was digging everywhere if he can find things i did wrong. and yes i did, but until now i never lost a TB or Coin. He only made me missing one. His one.

Now he tells everybody that i hold the other Coin and TB for 5 Month or so. And that i didn't put them in an cache in FRA like i wrote.

Edited by Timber_Wolf

Aber mit gut Glück verheddert er sich auf der Trainingrange in eine Rakete und schießt sich selbst zum Mond.

And here something else out of the German Thread.

It means more or less

If we have luck he will get catch (what's the sec. form of catch?) on the exercise range in a missile and get shot to the moon.

I think i told schmitty that i am an PATRIOT IM guy, i was in Fort Bliss for training.

If anyone is getting threatening emails, forward them to Groundspeak. Holding a coin for a month is not a crime. Coming in here and bad mouthing each other in the forums is unacceptable, and this thread has gotten pretty mean. It's closed.