Premier Geocoin Race II

Shilo

The standings are updated :grin:

Just a reminder, I'm moving and will lose my internet connection this coming Friday. It will be a week before I get another unless I find WI-FI's along the way and then I'll update the standings as much as possible. I suspect I'll be getting behind but I will do my best.

It looks like 2 of mine are missing :D and the others just sit and rot :D;)

Thats the unfortunate part of releasing trackables. I have 70 something activated and traveling and I have my fair share missing and not moving. Winter doesn't help either. I have a couple in caches under snow and ice right now. Had one geocoin in a cache in Oregon floating down a river and a cacher found the ammo can and everything survived but not where it was suppose to be. Needless to say he moved my coin.

And the standings have been updated.

The standings are updated :laughing:

To those of you watching this thread a special announcement.

The PGR III will start before PGR II is over. I have talked with the organizers of GW VI and will probably launch the third version of the race from there. So you might want to start early on a idea for a race coin. Have a couple of other things working and there will be new rules(mainly getting rid of the dipping rule). Stay tuned for a official post about PGR III in January. I'm slowly working on a new website design as well. I'm not to good with designing things but it will look a little different.

The standings are updated :D

To those of you watching this thread a special announcement.

The PGR III will start before PGR II is over. I have talked with the organizers of GW VI and will probably launch the third version of the race from there. So you might want to start early on a idea for a race coin. Have a couple of other things working and there will be new rules(mainly getting rid of the dipping rule). Stay tuned for a official post about PGR III in January. I'm slowly working on a new website design as well. I'm not to good with designing things but it will look a little different.

ALL RIGHT!!! I am Not going to let the fact that my coins don't travel, deter me from entering. As long as those of us who is part of#2 can participate in #3 :laughing:

I have a couple of question, how come the 2 at the bottom (nielsenc & troublejv ) show No mileage? -

Because they have no mileage. Still haven't been placed even after numerous e-mails by myself to offer help.

And what is meant by the red and "crashed"?

Red in the mileage and placement column means a rule violation(usually #2) and I am waiting for corrections to be made to that racer and crashed means that the racer is confirmed gone(stolen or otherwise)

Thank goodness a cacher saw that ammo can. The cache might have been along hwy 30 since it had a flood problem a couple of days ago.

Yes it was. I think it was still close by at the time.

As long as those of us who is part of#2 can participate in #3

Well of course!!! :laughing:

:santa: This is totally Off the topic but I've been wanting to tell you that I have a cousin who named their girl_

Shiloah- of all things :D

That's an interesting name and spelling. I used my cat's name as my login here when I first started geocaching. Shilo has passed on but she is remembered every time I go caching :santa:

The standings are updated :D

And I updated the sort by owner name as well

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

Congrats to Goober6565 and his geocoin, Carl Edwards, in 125th place who got discovered in a backpack for the last 3 months and placed again to continue the race!!! :santa:

The race lead is getting tight again as another coin jumped the pond back to the US.

The standings are updated :anicute:

I got sick so I apologize for the delay in getting the standings updated/ I'm almost over whatever I had so I will be able to stay on top of this better now.

Lot of movements from racers that haven't seen any movement for months and others who are at the bottom of the standings. Surprising for the time of year. But I'm glad they are finally getting some action.

Happy New Year to all of you.

Does someone know Team LSUMonica? They have my racer geocoin in hands for 4 months and are not responding to my e-mails :).

I can understand if there are any circumstances preventing them from caching, maybe a befriended team can contact them and take over the geocoin? I would appreciate that! :)

Did you get this resolved or hear back from them yet?

Unfortunately not. I noticed that she's still visiting the gc.com website, so I don't know why she didn't reply

Does someone know Team LSUMonica? They have my racer geocoin in hands for 4 months and are not responding to my e-mails :huh:.

I can understand if there are any circumstances preventing them from caching, maybe a befriended team can contact them and take over the geocoin? I would appreciate that! :D

Did you get this resolved or hear back from them yet?

Unfortunately not. I noticed that she's still visiting the gc.com website, so I don't know why she didn't reply

This is the case with the last 2 coins in the standings. They log in almost everyday but won't answer my e-mails or anybody else's. So sad.

Release notes for today's build:

* Travel Bug movements calculated instantly upon logging a "drop"

* Removed the need to "recalculate distance" on Travel Bugs after deleting logs

This helps keep the mileage as current as possible instead of waiting to update today's placements until tomorrow. Also, no more posting notes to update mileage in logs that are before the current day.

So look for more than once a day updates(when I have the time). I wont always post here to prevent 100's of forums posts.

BTW...the standings have been updated :D

I had the same problem,,, trying to contact someone who may have taken one of our coins,,, but no response to any of my e-mails,, :P

Oh well,, I guess thats why I don't release any coins into the wild anymore... they seem to just go A.W.O.L.

and I guess I'll just hang on to them until it's time for them to go to e-bay... wonder what my GSA coin would get me :mad::P