Premier Geocoin Race II

Shilo

Shilo did you see the note I posted on a coin (not my own) today?

Yes I did. :laughing:

I can't fix it because I don't have the tracking number. The owner can do it though. Whoever has the coin can just 'grab' it and just place it in another cache. The coin might not get the proper miles though.

The person with the coin contacted me again so I just pulled it from the wrong cache and put it in the right cache. Sorry if this messes up anything, but the newbie was getting impatient and I was worried that they would just mess it up worse than it already is. :laughing:

Shilo did you see the note I posted on a coin (not my own) today?

Yes I did. :laughing:

I can't fix it because I don't have the tracking number. The owner can do it though. Whoever has the coin can just 'grab' it and just place it in another cache. The coin might not get the proper miles though.

The person with the coin contacted me again so I just pulled it from the wrong cache and put it in the right cache. Sorry if this messes up anything, but the newbie was getting impatient and I was worried that they would just mess it up worse than it already is. :laughing:

Thats fine. Thank you ;)

The situation with Colonel Mac's FTF Racing Coin.

First I need to apologize to Colonel Mac. I really messed this up by not following my own rules for this race. I was trying to be fair and give the benefit of doubt but I goofed. More on this subject in the next post.

But for this coin, I manually figured the mileage until the owner gets back with me and we straighten out the logs. Only owners or the actual logger of the post can delete or alter the post. I cannot so that is why corrections take time.

This coin will not be given credit to Germany because it was logged as a 'virtual drop' for mileage and even says so in the cache log and coin log. It will get credit for the move from Munster Mash to JR's 50/50 TB Hotel.

The next cacher also dipped this coin in a cache so the first placement and retrieval log will be dismissed thus leaving it in the cache where the coin is in Wisconsin.

Again I apologize to Colonel Mac for the confusion and hope this clears this matter up for everyone.

ALL RACE OWNERS PLEASE READ!!!!

Clarification of how rule number 2 will be handled from now on. Then you can take care of it. :)

Rule #2 states: "Only log the geocoin into a geocache when you actually physically left the geocoin in the geocache for the next geocacher to find. In other words, no placing and retrieving of a geocoin from the same cache, just so that you can give it miles."

In the case of multiple placements, All placements AND associated retrieval logs need to be deleted leaving ONLY the last placement where the coin was actually left. Doesn't matter if the cache was 5,000 miles away or .1 mile away. This will also alleviate mileage showing up on retrieval logs which really messes things up.

Your racer will have RED through the mileage until the mileage has been updated correctly and will no longer be updated on the standing pages. Please note this can take days or weeks to work its way through then all mileage and placements will be shown on the standing pages and the RED removed.

If you have questions please let me know. Trying to be consistent and fair to everyone

Thats some work your putting into makin sure all goes well with the rules! I know my 2nd place for placement 911 Turbos was dropped and grabbed like 10 times by one eager race participant along his long journey cache route! Before I even got all the emails, you were all over it!...Now thats dedication!

Boy Hosting a coin race can be hard work sometimes!...Thanks again! :)

I thought I heard something before the race that someone that moved a racer would have a chance to win something too. I can't find any information about it.

And

To quote from the event launch page: "You can may even win a prize for helping these coin move along."

Premier Geocoin Race II Launch Event (GC13G7H)

So, maybe, maybe not? :):)

OK, got you now....sorry.

Yes, Oakcoins, who also donated the tags on most of the racers before I ran out, donated some wristbands, TB tag covers, lanyards and pins that will be given out to cachers who helped out the winners in both categories. I really haven't come up with a set plan yet on if this will go into the 2nd place coins yet. They donated quite a bit and I need to go through it and come up with a prize list and post it. I'll get on it in the next couple weeks and will post it.

Others have donated geocoins that will go to the winning owners of each category.

Hope that answered your question.

I have been busy with finding a new job and getting used to a new schedule every week and have neglected this part.

Standings are updated. B)

Probably the last update until Sunday.

My work just put in production a new printing press and I was ask to work 12 hour shifts tonight and Saturday night so I wont have time to update the standings. Can't turn down the OT B)

Thank you's to everyone who have updated/deleted logs to help keep the standings current. It's a pain to have to ask you to do it but it keeps it fair for everyone.

Standings are updated. :)

NOTE: If you see that your racer hasn't been updated after a few days please send me an PM/e-mail. Geocaching.com notification e-mails sometimes get back logged and then not sent so I won't know your racing coin has been moved. Had a couple racers have this happen to them.

Figures as much one of my racers gets moved on the 10th and then the cache get stolen on the 11th. So I'm down to one racer again :lol:

That's not cool :P

Not cool at all!!! Hmmm lets see Ive got 4 racers...1 in 2nd place...Have you ever coinsidered adopting a child Shilo?...Email sent!

Thanks for the option of considering to adopt your 2nd place coin :lol:

I'll be fine.....I think :lol:

Some just don't seem to travel much ;) Do they!?!

My understanding is that a number of them were dropped into caches after the event by someone but incorrectly logged - ie they are logged against caches different to the one they are actually in! ;)

I know this to definitely be the case for one of mine - it was never in the cache it was logged as being dropped in. :blink:

My understanding is that a number of them were dropped into caches after the event by someone but incorrectly logged - ie they are logged against caches different to the one they are actually in! ;)

I know this to definitely be the case for one of mine - it was never in the cache it was logged as being dropped in. ;)

And Then, I fear, that some get dropped and left ;)

I know this to definitely be the case for one of mine - it was never in the cache it was logged as being dropped in. ;)

And Then, I fear, that some get dropped and left ;)

Maybe they'll turn up just before race end?