Premier Geocoin Race II

Shilo

The standings are updated. The mileage chart has the wrong day and time(at the bottom)....my bad.

Only 3 racers with placements on Tuesday have updated. Still about 5 racers with 300+ miles placements waiting to get in the mix.

I see next year the PGR III will be all mileage with no placement category and no rule on # of consecutive placements. To many dips in and out of micros to keep up with and to get the logs deleted <_<

I see next year the PGR III will be all mileage with no placement category and no rule on # of consecutive placements. To many dips in and out of micros to keep up with and to get the logs deleted <_<

I could see that, just to make it fair...But in the same hand, you could even make it its own contest, just like it is now...You could even encourage cachers to dip it for ya~ :mad: Anything goes-No Holdsbard Dipping action!!! :mad: Just to see who's carriers were the most active in the race too!...It takes time to log em der TB's and coins! ...Then everyone's placement kinda depended on how much time they delt with their coins, contacting the holder and makin sure it stays movin 'N' such...I know a couple of mine need incouragement right now. :D

But I can also see why we wouldnt keep track at this point, where no point of such has been made.

I see next year the PGR III will be all mileage with no placement category and no rule on # of consecutive placements. To many dips in and out of micros to keep up with and to get the logs deleted :)

I could see that, just to make it fair...But in the same hand, you could even make it its own contest, just like it is now...You could even encourage cachers to dip it for ya~ :unsure: Anything goes-No Holdsbard Dipping action!!! :P Just to see who's carriers were the most active in the race too!...It takes time to log em der TB's and coins! ...Then everyone's placement kinda depended on how much time they delt with their coins, contacting the holder and makin sure it stays movin 'N' such...I know a couple of mine need incouragement right now. :unsure:

But I can also see why we wouldnt keep track at this point, where no point of such has been made.

That is a great idea. :) I don't mind keeping track of placements, thats easy really. Just trying to enforce rules is a pain. 145 geocoins is a lot to keep track of!!! Many more than last years 103(and I only kept track for a few weeks then for Res2100).

145 geocoins is a lot to keep track of!!! Many more than last years 103(and I only kept track for a few weeks then for Res2100).

Yep my comment is comin from the racers point of view too! Your the one keepin track of em all...Sheesh-Thats dedication!

Here I thought it was some magical computing robot to keep track of things for ya :unsure::unsure:

It would have to be totally up to the host of the race in that sense...Id wanna keep it simple if it was me, Id say "Screw you buddy...You count em" :)

Thanks for doin this, it must be alot of work keepin track of em all for us :)

Thanks for doin this, it must be alot of work keepin track of em all for us :)

You're welcome :unsure:

Its not as much work now as it was before the launch event getting everything up and going. The last five days before the event saw half the field show up in my mailbox and at the event.

If I want to enter more geocoins in the race, is it too late to send them in to you to do so?

No it's not to late. They will start however late they are getting to me and still will end the same day as the rest of the field. Just make sure you don't go over 5 racers.

I'm going to be in California for vacation next week so they won't get moved no earlier than Monday, August 6, 2007. But it might take that long getting here too :unsure:

The standings are up-to-date :unsure:

Big shake up and a new leader with a drop from SC to CA. The leader's coin mileage got doubled somehow so I calculated it manually until I can get it fixed.

ALSO please note: I'm leaving to see my sister this friday am and wont be back until Monday afternoon. She lives in the sticks and has no internet access :) So I will update the standings on Monday. Then I leave for vacation to CA but will have internet access but the standings will probably get updated once a day instead of twice as I am doing now.

ALSO please note: I'm leaving to see my sister this friday am and wont be back until Monday afternoon. She lives in the sticks and has no internet access :) So I will update the standings on Monday. Then I leave for vacation to CA but will have internet access but the standings will probably get updated once a day instead of twice as I am doing now.

A few more coins are updated now. Only 4 not updated now :o

Race page Updated!!! <_<

A few placements this evening and 1 from last week is all I'm waiting on. Everything else is updated.

I'm flying out on my 2nd half of my vacation in the morning but will have internet access most of it so I'll update it a few times this week.

Race standings updated ^_^

geocaching.com e-mail notifications went down late this afternoon. If your coin has been placed and mileage on the coin's page has updated but not on the standings page PLEASE let me know.

Only exceptions are these 5 coins:

DEF

Generic 2007 Geocoin Racer #3

Generic 2007 Geocoin Racer #2

Generic 2007 Geocoin Racer #5

Diddly's U-turn

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Shilo for putting together this years coin race and the mountain of time that it must take to keep the Standings table up to date.

THANKYOU

:D

You are quite welcome and thank you for the compliment :D

Just to update a rule that geocachers don't know about but is happening with several racers.

Rule #2: "Only log the geocoin into a geocache when you actually physically left the geocoin in the geocache for the next geocacher to find. In other words, no placing and retrieving of a geocoin from the same cache, just so that you can give it miles.."

It's not being done intentionally but them the rules for this year. I'm asking you as geocoin racers to delete the logs leaving the one that the geocoin was last in for someone else to pick up.

It would be helpful if everyone put this rule on the geocoin's page to help out the geocacher. But in one instance even this didn't work as I got a rude e-mail telling me that they didn't know about the rule and it would help if it was on the coin's page. I went and looked and there it was, on the coin's page. Maybe bold and all caps would work....LOL.

Next year I think this rule will be dropped and it will be a no holds bar on how many miles can be piled up in a year just as long as the cacher logs a find on each cache that it gets dropped/dipped into. But until PGR III rolls around we have to abide by rule #2.

One of mine never left the event. Any information on that?

**OR**

is there a special prize for that? (Winningest coin/Losingest coin awards)

Tasaint

No information. Maybe post a note on the event page and see if someone has it and just forgot to place it. It has discovery logs so it was their at one point. Maybe of of them has it?

One of mine never left the event. Any information on that?

**OR**

is there a special prize for that? (Winningest coin/Losingest coin awards)

Tasaint

No information. Maybe post a note on the event page and see if someone has it and just forgot to place it. It has discovery logs so it was their at one point. Maybe of of them has it?

Hey, I know how those things go. Been around the block. I REALLY appreciated

your getting them there and prepping them, Shilo. 140-some, sheesh. And

keeping track of the numbers from here on...

They will show up or they won't. That's how it all works, and there is

no hand wringing here. We're cheering the other ones on!!!

T

Standings updated :blink:

Coins in RED have placement issues. E-mail and notes have been issued. Some are double placements(rule #2 violation) and some have retrieve logs out of order causing mileage to be off. The red will go away when the issues are resolved :blink:

Standings updated :D

Coins in RED have placement issues. E-mail and notes have been issued. Some are double placements(rule #2 violation) and some have retrieve logs out of order causing mileage to be off. The red will go away when the issues are resolved <_<

I also sent e-mails to both the people involved with my AGA coin. The American guy said he would fix it but hasn't done so yet. He asked for the coin tracking # even though all he had to do was go to his log and change the date. <_<

Standings updated :o

Coins in RED have placement issues. E-mail and notes have been issued. Some are double placements(rule #2 violation) and some have retrieve logs out of order causing mileage to be off. The red will go away when the issues are resolved :blink:

I also sent e-mails to both the people involved with my AGA coin. The American guy said he would fix it but hasn't done so yet. He asked for the coin tracking # even though all he had to do was go to his log and change the date. :laughing:

I e-mailed one of them also and haven't heard back nor has it been corrected. It really is messing up your mileage. When they do correct the date make sure you hit 'recalculate distance' and your mileage will correct itself. Also, no tracking number is needed to change the log date.

Standings updated :wub:

Not to much to update the last few days. To hot I suppose :laughing:

Coins in RED have placement issues. E-mail and notes have been issued. Some are double placements(rule #2 violation) and some have retrieve logs out of order causing mileage to be off. The red will go away when the issues are resolved :)

Noticed an issue when logging some coins and travel bugs last week and again this weekend. It might help explain the erroneous dates. I picked up each item individually on one day. I then dropped more than one into an event cache on the 12th. The log for the even stated on the 12th BUT each travel item I logged showed up as being dropped BEFORE I retrieved them? I picked them up on the 11th and somehow the drop date listed itself as the 11th and before me picking them up? REALLY wierd especially when the log where I dropped them is quite clearly the 12th. Must be more than a "travel" bug in the system ;)

I've been rechecking dates and correcting them since last weeks issue.

Race standings updated B)

Got rid of some red and added some :D

Looks like one of mine has already been stolen. :-( Dropped off in a TB hotel on the 16th and mentioned in log as being missing on the 27th. One of the people in between says they saw it and the other said they didn't. I'm hoping that someone is on a cross-country tour and is taking their sweet time about logging it...

dave

I'm hoping that someone is on a cross-country tour and is taking their sweet time about logging it...

dave

Good possibility this time of year. Schools are just now starting in some areas and others have a couple weeks to go so its the last big rush for vacations.

Hopefully that is all it is and it will turn up soon.

Shilo did you see the note I posted on a coin (not my own) today?

Yes I did. :blink:

I can't fix it because I don't have the tracking number. The owner can do it though. Whoever has the coin can just 'grab' it and just place it in another cache. The coin might not get the proper miles though.