Premier Geocoin Race II

Shilo

I've got the standings, well coins received at the moment, page up on the website. Check here to see if I have your coin(s) yet. I will try to e-mail or post as I get them but the website is the best option and you should notice someone 'watching' your geocoin as well.

The website is in my sigline.

Shilo

Edited by Shilo

Coins are drilled & will be mailed early next week. I believe I had two or three coins in the first race. One was either first or second for a short while, then didn't do so hot after that. One I believe was stolen. This time I'm going to send 5 coins, much better chance! I really enjoyed reading all the logs from folks who tried to help move my coins. I had so much fun with the first race & am really looking forward to participating in this one. Thanks you two for organizing & putting this all together!

The event page has been published! All racing geocoins will be launched from this event by the help of all geocachers that attend! So if you are close enough come out for a day of fun! :)

Premier Geocoin Race II Launch Event

If you are coming to the event you need to do one of the following:

1) Mail the coins to me before July 15th.

2) Bring them to the event yourself and send me the tracking numbers of the coins before the event so I can place a watch on them and be able to 'grab' them from you and place them into the event. If you want one of the Oakcoins tags placed on them you can do so at the event.

See you there!!!! :blink:

Mailed out 5 coins for the race and also another coin to add to the prizes.

Got your 5 racers and the prize coin. Thank you very much :ph34r:

I can drill your coins as well.

They are uploaded to the website.

We have 26 racers now. 24 days until the green flag flies :o

Edited by Shilo

Mailed out 5 coins for the race and also another coin to add to the prizes.

Got your 5 racers and the prize coin. Thank you very much :ph34r:

I can drill your coins as well.

They are uploaded to the website.

We have 26 racers now. 24 days until the green flag flies :ph34r:

If you can Drill Away.

Greets. The wording on that tag reads that the person moving the coin can win a prize ?

I noticed that as well. That part can be left up to each coin owner if they wish to give a prize away or I could see if I can come up with something for everyone who places/moves the winning coin. Still working on it.

PS I am mailing out couple of prize coins for the cointest winner/winners . Glenn

Thank you so much :ph34r:

Greets. The wording on that tag reads that the person moving the coin can win a prize ?

I noticed that as well. That part can be left up to each coin owner if they wish to give a prize away or I could see if I can come up with something for everyone who places/moves the winning coin. Still working on it.

I noticed that too... that is a good suggestion though - that racer owners offer/give away prizes to people for moving their racers. :angry:

Good thinking!

I noticed that too... that is a good suggestion though - that racer owners offer/give away prizes to people for moving their racers. :angry:

Good thinking!

Just a quick question, what would the prizes be? Not everyone can buy coins or tags, so those that can would have an advantage. Or would that be considered part of the competition too?

Good thinking!

Just a quick question, what would the prizes be? Not everyone can buy coins or tags, so those that can would have an advantage. Or would that be considered part of the competition too?

I don't know if it would be an advantage or not. I don't have enough money to buy a prize for each coin owner to give away so I'm going to leave it up to each coin owner if they want that particular tag put on their racers and they would be responsible for any prize to be given away.

I made a card that I'm going to laminate to attach to my racers and maybe I will make it available to anyone who wants that one versus the metal tags in the above photo.

The coins that are being donated now are race prizes for the winners of each race class after the race is over in a year.

The tags that Oakcoins donated for the PGR II came in today.

About the tags.....

I think what I'll do is this. Attach them to all the coins as originally planned. Have a contest or two for everyone who helps move the racers along. Such as 'greatest distance between caches' for each coin. Place that cachers name in a hat and draw for a prize. I'm sure we can come up with another one or two ideas that would help promote keeping everyone's racers moving.

Any other ideas?

(PS. I'm going caching :angry: )

Packaged up and ready to send tomorrow are a total of 7 racers from New Zealand...

3 from Us (1 for me and 1 each for the kids)

2 from keewee

2 from rchdlyn

Should all arrive in time to make it to the start line and ready to race :laughing:

Got all 7 on Wednesday <_<

Everything I have said I have received is up on the webpage. If yours isn't up on the webpage please e-mail me.

Only a week and a half to get your coins here to start on time. If they are late they will just get placed in a local cache minus the 'free' placement of the event cache and will start racing. The end date for all coins will be July 15, 2008 no matter when they start.

I got 4 coins from CA yesterday but don't have time to enter them until later. :blink:

Have a happy and safe 4th :laughing: