Premier Geocoin Race II

Shilo

It's time to start working on the Premier Geocoin Race II. ParentsofSAM and I are going to work on an event sometime in July(targeted) to start the race somewhere between Atlanta and Macon, GA.

We were planning to using last years rules unless you have ideas on how they can be made better.

If you drill a hole in your coin, I can chain a card to it explaining that the geocoin is in a race and also this might help it from becoming a collection item. Otherwise, the card will be put in a ziplock with the geocoin. Ideas on what the card should say are welcome. I have a laminator and I can get small chains cheap.

If you PM me through my profile, I will send you my address to mail your racers to. I will get a website up before the race starts to list the coins entered and the standings after the race starts.

Start sending your ideas and start warming those engines <_<

Last year's rules:

--A geocacher may enter up to a maximum off 5 geocoins in the race.

--All geocoins must be trackable on geocacching.com.

--All geocoins entered must be registered by the coin owner (the person who entered the coin into the race), have 0 miles logged and contain no log entries prior to the start of the race.

--Prizes will be awarded to the top racer based on greatest distance travelled, top racer for most geocaches visited, and possibly a handful of random draws.

--If the same coin wins for both the greattest distance travelled category and also the most geocaches visitied category, then the prize for most geocaches visited will go to the 2nd place coin in that category.

--In case of a tie in either of the categories, a tie breaker criteria will be established.

--All prize winners will be contacted for their mailing information so I know where to mail their prizes to.

--Racer standings will be updated on a regular basis.

--The race will go for exactly one year.

--I will include a custom information sheet with each coin entered in the race to explain to potential finders how it works.

Prizes will be awared in 2 categories as follows: Greatest Overall Distance Travelled and Most Geocaches Visited

Category: Greatest Overall Distance Travelled

This is based on the valid mileage value on the geocoin page indicated on the line that says "Travel Bug History (#.#mi)".

Category: Most Geocaches Visited

This is based on the total number of valid "placed it" logs on the geocoin page.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Is there a deadline for sending in your coins?

FX.

I'll do what Res did last year. If your coins get here after the event, I'll just place them in a local cache. Of course they will start behind by how ever many days they are late getting to me.

So far the event is going to be planned for mid-July or later. I'll have to get with POS. She is quite busy for another week or so.

I just activated my Initial Point Geocoin, I would like to put info on the page concerning the race, such as deadlines, cache it is starting in and the rules. When will you have all this info put together. I am asking this question so I can make sure that I get the coin to you on time for the start of the race.

I just activated my Initial Point Geocoin, I would like to put info on the page concerning the race, such as deadlines, cache it is starting in and the rules. When will you have all this info put together. I am asking this question so I can make sure that I get the coin to you on time for the start of the race.

Hopefully by the 1st of June we will have an idea when the event will be. It will be mid July to early August time frame for the event. You have plenty of time to get it to me. I posted this early so everyone had plenty of time to get their coins to me especially if they are overseas.

The race will be for 1 year, just like last years race.

Hopefully by the 1st of June we will have an idea when the event will be. It will be mid July to early August time frame for the event. You have plenty of time to get it to me. I posted this early so everyone had plenty of time to get their coins to me especially if they are overseas.

The race will be for 1 year, just like last years race.

Thank you for the information. I copied all the information from last years racer and pasted it to the new racers page, will edit the page with the correct infomation once it is released.

I just thought of a question though. What if I don't have a drill bit strong enough to go through the geocoin??

If you have trouble drilling them or somebody else has trouble, just write a note with the coin when you send them to me and I will drill them for you. I drill my coins just big enough that my chain will go through them. I think it's a 7/64 drill bit.

The race are only for US habitants ?

Nope.

You just might want to allow plenty of time for shipping to the US though. Thats why the race is starting in late July to allow everyone enough time to get their coins here on time.

Im definatley IN! Sounds fun and Im always up to race!

Maybe 2 tags- Micro and Regular size? You know...Race tactics! Which one will travel faster and further!

Can you put your own tag on it to assist in its journey?

I know at least 1 Turbos911 is gonna be at the starting line!...Cant wait!

Do you already have the tags made? Can we see them yet?

Thats what I was talkin as far as Micro tags, is the ones that you will be putting on the coins for the race.

I know there are alot more micros out there than Ammocans and most tags wont fit into micros.

Just a thought...it may be hard to get the info on a micro tag though, and how often do you actually see a micro coin in a micro~There usually still in the flip case in a regular size cache. But it might help with more drops. Even in "Small" caches :laughing:...again, Just a thought.

Do you already have the tags made?

No

Can we see them yet?

Nope :unsure: (see above)

Thats what I was talkin as far as Micro tags, is the ones that you will be putting on the coins for the race.

I know there are alot more micros out there than Ammocans and most tags wont fit into micros.

Just a thought...it may be hard to get the info on a micro tag though, and how often do you actually see a micro coin in a micro~There usually still in the flip case in a regular size cache. But it might help with more drops. Even in "Small" caches :laughing:...again, Just a thought.

Not sure if a card could be made to attach to a coin for a micro cache and still get the point across that the coin is in a race. Guess it could say 'I'm in a geocoin race and move me fast' type a thing.

I got a sample of the card Res2100 used last year but it looks pretty big and not micro cache proof.

Also a micro coin in the flip case could easily get lost in a geobag somewhere :anicute:

Any ideas on what can be done for this?

POS offered to work on this for me so I will get in touch with her this weekend and see if we can come up with a micro card and a bigger one(business card size maybe)

Do you already have the tags made?

No

Can we see them yet?

Nope :P (see above)

Just a thought...it may be hard to get the info on a micro tag though, and how often do you actually see a micro coin in a micro~There usually still in the flip case in a regular size cache. But it might help with more drops. Even in "Small" caches :sad:...again, Just a thought.

Not sure if a card could be made to attach to a coin for a micro cache and still get the point across that the coin is in a race. Guess it could say 'I'm in a geocoin race and move me fast' type a thing.

I got a sample of the card Res2100 used last year but it looks pretty big and not micro cache proof.

Also a micro coin in the flip case could easily get lost in a geobag somewhere :anicute:

Any ideas on what can be done for this?

POS offered to work on this for me so I will get in touch with her this weekend and see if we can come up with a micro card and a bigger one(business card size maybe)

We will have tags soon. I am at GW5 until Monday so on Tuesday morning I will work on a tag for the race coins. I will do my best to make a micro version as well. :tired:

So stay tuned to this thread for the racer tags.

Looks like the event will be Sunday, July 15, 2007. I will post a link when the event is set up. :(

We have a website!!! Well an ill-advised attempt at one :(Clicky

i may actually be able to attend the event if it's the 16th!!!

can we still race if we attend the event?

Sure you can. Birmingham isn't to far away.

It wont be on the 16th, thats a Monday and I will have to do the work thing.

Sure you can. Birmingham isn't to far away.

It wont be on the 16th, thats a Monday and I will have to do the work thing.

i knew it was on a sunday, just typo'd on the date...