Uploading multiple .gpx files to Mapsource

Hi everyone,

I have a Garmin GPS60 (the most basic model) and am using the Mapsource software that came with it.

Yesterday I was able to dowload .gpx files from geocaching.com, drag and drop them on to Mapsource creating a list of waypoints, and then transfer them all to my Garmin at once, no problem.

However, today I am unable to input more than one .gpx file into Mapsource. I can drag and drop one, but when I come to add another, it asks me if I wish to save the previous one.

Please help - I'm not sure what I'm doing differently to yesterday! I've got a folder full of .gpx files for the caches I want to go and find so I'm really frustrated :)

Thanks for any advice,

Toni in the UK x

AFAIK that's one of the many ridiculous limitations of MapSource. Workarounds:

* Upload every gpx file to your device. Finally download all information from the device. :)

* Use one of the many tools to concatenate gpx files.

* If you like Linux you might want to try QLandkarte

HTH

Oliver

If you open two instances of Mapsource you can copy and past from the secondary to the primary instance.

Open the next gpx file in the secondary and copy and paste to the primary. Repeat as often as neccessary.

Or you can do what I do and get gpsbabel from gpsbabel.org to combine files.

Are you using pocket queries. If not, you can create Pocket Queries and then you will have lots of .gpx files that GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) can Export in the Mapsource format for you.

I was messing around with this and I noticed, when I export to mapsource. The waypoint id is the title of the cache and not the waypoint that gc.com suggests GCxxxx. Is there a way to change this?

Are you using pocket queries. If not, you can create Pocket Queries and then you will have lots of .gpx files that GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) can Export in the Mapsource format for you.

I was messing around with this and I noticed, when I export to mapsource. The waypoint id is the title of the cache and not the waypoint that gc.com suggests GCxxxx. Is there a way to change this?

Please see item 3 of the GSAK FAQ in the help file or online here (It does refer to sending waypoints to the GPSr but it applies to all exports including MapSource)