Pottery Geocoin - Four Spirit

sssooocool

To: Eltod, DresselDragon, Crowesfeat30, Steel city babes, Degai, Bvnlj & keewee

I can’t tell you how much I really appreciate your continuous support,encouragement and trust,

and it is difficult for me to convey the thanks I have for you and the happiness that strikes me when I

find out that you are satisfied with the coins. :rolleyes:

sssooocool

Hope it didn’t bring you too much trouble and worries.

I’m just curious that what pop upped in the officers’ mind when they were inspecting the coins? My aunt said it looks like big Oreos! LOL… :rolleyes:

I had been wondering where mine were, but the arrived today. It looks like you gave the customs officers at the Brisbane office something to keep them busy for a while. The coins must have raised some suspicions when they were x-rayed, as they had opened the package and given them a thorough inspection. I bet they thought they had something when 8 circular non-metallic, non-plastic disks showed up in scans.

Taipei to Brisbane/Brisbane to Taipei is a common enough smuggling route that I'm not all surprised that the coins were held up. Good to have them in hand now! They look very nice.

I just worry that the keepers of Four Spirit Geocoin would prefer holding it as collectors’ items rather than taking it to the wild, especially after I made the presentation set boxes. :o

That's a valid worry, as I can't see anyone releasing these beautiful coins into the wild. We received ours a few days ago and they are just amazing. Thanks for the all the time and effort you've obviously put into these wonderful coins.

Edited by Marky

To: Eltod, DresselDragon, Crowesfeat30, Steel city babes, Degai, Bvnlj & keewee

I can’t tell you how much I really appreciate your continuous support,encouragement and trust,

and it is difficult for me to convey the thanks I have for you and the happiness that strikes me when I

find out that you are satisfied with the coins. :blink:

sssooocool

Johnny, you have picked a very appropriate geonick, "sssooocool", because your geocoins are just that! I totally appreciate the unique ideas you come up with and appreciate all of the time and effort you go through to make sure your coins meet YOUR expectations and therefore, they totally exceed mine. :rolleyes:

You are totally gracious to all who buy your coins and you always keep us informed about everything that is going on from the time you introduce your coin until the time you ship them. Thank you.

And according to you, your English isn't so good. . ."au contraire" your communication skills are excellent. I wish my second language skills were half as good as yours.

I consider it a privilege and an honor to deal with you and I am looking forward to your next design.

BTW~not that I am worried~but I'm still waiting to see those gorgeous Four Spirits Coins! :D

WOOOHOOO! I just got mine today!!! I thought I might be the last to get these AWESOME coins. They are BEAUTIFUL and IMPRESSIVE. I wished I had someone to show them to!

They are so unique and so big. Keep your eye on them, they should be arriving to your house soon. I was in the first wave of people to have these coins sent out and I just got mine today.

Thank you, Johnny. I am so glad to have your geocoins as part of my collection. "I am not worthy". :laughing:

Ours arrived late last week. Sillygirl was working at home and signed for it, she thought it was a DVD from a friend of ours with the same last name as you, so she opened them. By the time I got home she had decided these coins were hers. The coins are usually my thing, but now that I think about it, she confiscated my South Pointing Chariot too... I guess you'll think she has good taste. :laughing:

Anyway we took them to an event and this was one of the "discovered" logs: "...Possibly the coolest geocoin I have seen yet. Mahalo!."

jrr

Got our coins today...they are fantastic!!! :laughing:

I just worry that the keepers of Four Spirit Geocoin would prefer holding it as collectors’ items rather than taking it to the wild, especially after I made the presentation set boxes. :laughing:

That's a valid worry, as I can't see anyone releasing these beautiful coins into the wild. We received ours a few days ago and they are just amazing. Thanks for the all the time and effort you've obviously put into these wonderful coins.

I am very much enjoying showing these coins to people. I guess I am going to have to get another display case so these can be on the top shelf with my other treasures!

Thank you so very much for making these coins!

WOW!! <_< Absolutely magnificent! Thank you.

Globalgirl, mine just got here on Saturday and I ordered them two days before you.

WOOOHOOO! I just got mine today!!! I thought I might be the last to get these AWESOME coins. They are BEAUTIFUL and IMPRESSIVE. I wished I had someone to show them to!

They are so unique and so big. Keep your eye on them, they should be arriving to your house soon. I was in the first wave of people to have these coins sent out and I just got mine today.

Thank you, Johnny. I am so glad to have your geocoins as part of my collection. "I am not worthy". :laughing:

To: Joe, Marky & Joani, Ellen, Daniel, Andrea & Debra

I am so glad to know that all of you have received the coins. Thank you very much! :D<_<:P:P:P

Ours arrived late last week. Sillygirl was working at home and signed for it, she thought it was a DVD from a friend of ours with the same last name as you, so she opened them. By the time I got home she had decided these coins were hers. The coins are usually my thing, but now that I think about it, she confiscated my South Pointing Chariot too... I guess you'll think she has good taste. :laughing:

Anyway we took them to an event and this was one of the "discovered" logs: "...Possibly the coolest geocoin I have seen yet. Mahalo!."

jrr

Thank you jrr & your sweet Sillygirl!

sssooocool :laughing::laughing:

I've been out of town for a few weeks and this fantastic coin set was just one of themany coin shipments waiting in my mailbox when I returned home. ;)

I am a big fan of every one of sssooocool's designs and this is without a doubt, the most fabulous of them all. :)

Thanks Chu-Yang. These coins rock! :laughing:

Some catchers asked me recently about how to calculate shipping charges if they buy one set each of my Four Spirit Geocoin and South Pointing Chariot Geocoin at the same time.

I’d like to clarify here for those who might have the same question:-

Please just count the total number of coins of these two different coins you’d like to order.

The shipping charge of the first coin is US$ 3.5, and for addition coin will be US$ 1 each.

They can be combined to be shipped in one package to save some money.

sssooocool

Hey there sssooocool, still no pretty doubloons here in Seattle. I purchased on the 27th and you confirmed in a post here on July 2nd.

No big rush but... should I be worried? :)

Your coins have been sent on June 28. Thanks! :)

Still no pretties here in Left Seattle. More than two weeks since they were mailed - must admit, now I'm getting a tad concerned... :o

I just worry that the keepers of Four Spirit Geocoin would prefer holding it as collectors’ items rather than taking it to the wild, especially after I made the presentation set boxes. :)

It will be hard, but mine will be going out in the wild. I have one of your South Pointing Chariots traveling now and the people who find it are always amazed by it. Out of the over 100 coins I have traveling, I have 6 missing - half of those are cases where the entire cache was muggled. I did have one reappear after 9 months of being missing just a couple of days ago. I have taken to drilling holes in them and attaching tags to them - I would have an other 100 out in caches, but I still need to drill and tag them. Do you think these will tolerate having a hole drilled in them, or should I just release them in a sturdy ziplock and hope for the best?

Still no pretties here in Left Seattle. More than two weeks since they were mailed - must admit, now I'm getting a tad concerned... ^_^

Our shipping records show your package was sent on June 28. If you still fail to receive it by July 16 your time, please notify me. I will organize another set to be sent to you. Since our package is sent by registered mail, it requires recipient’s signature upon delivery. If you are not available during office hour at your receiving address, I can send it by regular package. Sorry for keep you waiting and troubles caused you.

sssooocool

These 4 patterns are registered under the same name 'Four Spirit' at geocaching.com and share the same icon which is the Chinese character of 'spirit'.icon.jpg

Formation of this icon is quite interesting - The upper part is the word of 'rain', the lower part is 'sorcerer' and the middle part is 'three mouths'.

sssooocool

:tired:CF30

Our shipping records show your package was sent on June 28. If you still fail to receive it by July 16 your time, please notify me. I will organize another set to be sent to you. Since our package is sent by registered mail, it requires recipient’s signature upon delivery. If you are not available during office hour at your receiving address, I can send it by regular package. Sorry for keep you waiting and troubles caused you.

sssooocool

You say it's REGISTERED, sssooocool? Well then it should be trackable, yes? What's the tracking number? Leastwise we can see where it's at. What carrier are you using?

And no, no "office hours" here. the address I supplied is my own little hovel here in West Settle. And while I'm (naturally) in and out most days, they'd surely at least leave a notice if they've tried to deliver it. In any case, still nothing here and nearly 3 weeks now so do let's check the tracking, yes?

You say it's REGISTERED, sssooocool? Well then it should be trackable, yes? What's the tracking number? Leastwise we can see where it's at. What carrier are you using?

And no, no "office hours" here. the address I supplied is my own little hovel here in West Settle. And while I'm (naturally) in and out most days, they'd surely at least leave a notice if they've tried to deliver it. In any case, still nothing here and nearly 3 weeks now so do let's check the tracking, yes?

All our coins are sent through Taiwan post office. We called them this morning; they told us the record shows your package had left Taiwan same date we sent June 28, meantime, gave us a tracking number RR033794277TW.

Let’s wait one more day to see if they will deliver it on Monday or you can get any information by tracing at your end. If there is no better news till tomorrow, I will send another set to you right away.

sssooocool :anibad:

What does the icon spell out?

These 4 patterns are registered under the same name 'Four Spirit' at geocaching.com and share the same icon which is the Chinese character of 'spirit'.icon.jpg

Formation of this icon is quite interesting - The upper part is the word of 'rain', the lower part is 'sorcerer' and the middle part is 'three mouths'.

sssooocool

:anibad:CF30

Thank you CF30

Thanks CF30

You can pronounce it as “Ling”.

The meaning of the word can be

1. clever

2. efficacious

3. the mind, spirit, or soul

sssooocool :P

Whew! The Precious are finally in hand here in Seattle, and oh my - they are simply toooo wondrous to behold! Much larger than I expected, and each one a most exquisite work of art!

Very worrisome though on the shipping. Surely wish I'd had that tracking number weeks ago, 'cuz it turns out that the USPS apparently tried to deliver them way back on July 5th. But it must have been the wrong address (though sssooocool surely had the correct one on the package) 'cuz I never received any notice. Worse, they very nearly sent them back to Taiwan as they only hold them for a limited time, and of course I never knew to claim them!

In any case, these honeys are truly THE most unique and extraordinary geocoins on the PLANET! Thanks to both sssooocool and Haime!

Whew! The Precious are finally in hand here in Seattle, and oh my - they are simply toooo wondrous to behold! Much larger than I expected, and each one a most exquisite work of art!

Very worrisome though on the shipping. Surely wish I'd had that tracking number weeks ago, 'cuz it turns out that the USPS apparently tried to deliver them way back on July 5th. But it must have been the wrong address (though sssooocool surely had the correct one on the package) 'cuz I never received any notice. Worse, they very nearly sent them back to Taiwan as they only hold them for a limited time, and of course I never knew to claim them!

In any case, these honeys are truly THE most unique and extraordinary geocoins on the PLANET! Thanks to both sssooocool and Haime!

I am sssooo glad that you did tell me you had not received the package till yesterday, and happy to know that you can catch it in last minute before they return it back to Taiwan. :D

Thank you for you compliment. Enjoy it.

Thanks to Glenn also, he helps me a lot in tracking this package. :D

Haima (sssooocool’s father) :D

It will be hard, but mine will be going out in the wild. I have one of your South Pointing Chariots traveling now and the people who find it are always amazed by it. Out of the over 100 coins I have traveling, I have 6 missing - half of those are cases where the entire cache was muggled. I did have one reappear after 9 months of being missing just a couple of days ago. I have taken to drilling holes in them and attaching tags to them - I would have an other 100 out in caches, but I still need to drill and tag them. Do you think these will tolerate having a hole drilled in them, or should I just release them in a sturdy ziplock and hope for the best?

Although to drill a hole in the coin may reduce the chance of being mugged, but for the coin itself (if it has feelings), I am sure it will protest. It goes the same to those kind and decent cachers, it is not fair for them either. My two cents.

It is indeed worthy to keep the collection of 4-spirit coins as it is made by the famous pottery artist in Taiwan. He was happily to accept the task after I explained to him about Geocahing Society (so he is kind of an anonymous supporter). I think either to keep the coins to yourself or let it go out in the wild will bring you the same kind of joy as it may bring! :D:D

sssooocool :D

We are lucky enough to have a set of these - the presentation is great (boxed up) and the workmanship is apparent. We get feedback about the weight, texture etc. These will remain in our "personal collection". If relelased, it would have to be carefully considered. I would have loved another set to release for more to experience their uniqueness.

If I do purchase a second set for this puropose, I would not consider marking as I would like people to see them as they are - quite unique. We have about 21 coins out and about at the moment and are lucky enough to have no losses as yet.

Although to drill a hole in the coin may reduce the chance of being mugged, but for the coin itself (if it has feelings), I am sure it will protest. It goes the same to those kind and decent cachers, it is not fair for them either. My two cents.

It is indeed worthy to keep the collection of 4-spirit coins as it is made by the famous pottery artist in Taiwan. He was happily to accept the task after I explained to him about Geocahing Society (so he is kind of an anonymous supporter). I think either to keep the coins to yourself or let it go out in the wild will bring you the same kind of joy as it may bring! :lol::P

sssooocool :P

I got my set last week - I love them, they are beautiful! They are also tougher than I realized, because I left my "extra dragon" in my purse for several days and it survived the beating it got there without so much as a scratch!

Oh yeah, the Azure Dragon has passed the ordeal and managed to survive! Hope next time you won’t put it into a blender??? :P

After hopping from foot to foot, holding our tongues just so, thinking about it ...... and all the other stuff. I think I might get another set and release them. Keep thsi set for discovery - it is always frustrating to ahve some coins to admire but not in the hand. I assume there are some left? Will check the site. Cheers.

Our just arrived today - thank you ever so much. To activate or not to activate, that is the question. Will ponder and admire and ponder and admire . . . .

That’s definitely a tough question for the owner! I am a bit curious about the outcome though… :P

WOW!

I got to see these yesterday at an event and they are gorgeous! Are there any still available 'cause i'd love a set!

Thank you for your compliments. It seems my marketing skill is poor as it appears that very few people have noticed that we have a 2nd run production.

I take this opprotunity to annouce loudly “the second run of production is completed and there are 38 sets left in stock now”!

For those who wishes to order, please take action immediately.

WOW!

I got to see these yesterday at an event and they are gorgeous! Are there any still available 'cause i'd love a set!

Thank you for your compliments. It seems my marketing skill is poor as it appears that very few people have noticed that we have a 2nd run production.

I take this opprotunity to annouce loudly “the second run of production is completed and there are 38 sets left in stock now”!

For those who wishes to order, please take action immediately.

I want to order these and the chariots, but it won't let me put them on the same invoice to save on shipping

My understanding is due to paypal’s payment mechanism, you can only purchase a single item on our website at maximum 5 units, in order to calculate the cheapest freight. There is a remark in the bottom of our website to explain how to purchase more than one item.

------

” For purchasing single coin (s) or set (s) with additional single coin (s)— Please refer the detail quotation from our post in Groundspeak forums as below and e-mail me the order information. I’ll send you a paypal invoice to complete your order.

Four Spirit Geocoin South Pointing Chariot Geocoin

* My E-mail address: sssooocool@gmail.com

------

For your reference, International Shipping/Handling for one single Four Spirit Geocoin or South Pointing Chariot Geocoin is $3.50 and $1.00 for each additional coin.

Please send me an e-mail to advise what you need and I will send you an invoice after calculation.

sssooocool :laughing::rolleyes:

I want to order these and the chariots, but it won't let me put them on the same invoice to save on shipping

We could send you a separate paypal invoice for one set each of South Pointing Chariot Geocoin $27.50 and Four Spirit Geocoin $47.00.

Shipping charge will be $8.50 instead of $11 ($4.5 +$ 6.5). Please give me your Paypal email address, I can send you the invoice then.

sssooocool