Geocaching on the road - Advice requested

I am going to be taking a road trip from Wisconsin to Yellowstone Nat'l Park this summer, and I want to hunt for geocaches on the way to and from, but I don't know a good way to find a group of caches to look for along the way. In the past, I've searched by zip code when I know I'll be in a specific city or town for a few days, but that isn't really practical in this case. Does anyone have any advice on how I can get a good group of caches to look for during my trip? All suggestions are welcome and appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by Carpe Geo

Last summer/fall we took a 4 month, 14,300 mile road trip caching all the way. I started at a local cache and then just went on the google geo maps and scrolled up the route we were taking. It was THEE best trip. All the caches told us local things like where to eat, where to go see the most moose, etc. We went from Az. up thru Utah, Yellowstone, Montana, Iowa, Indiana, Ill., Ohio,Pennsylvania,then up to Niagara Falls, New England to see the leaves, down thru NYC and down to Va. where we followed Lee's retreat across Va.and back to the coast and down to Fla., over to N.O. Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, N.M. and back home. I am sure I forgot some states there. We met cachers and SOO many creative caches. We taught friends on the way how to do it and had the most fun.Not having a laptop, I visited local libraries also and got caches off their computers for some local caches. All the libraries have guest passes and only a few charged for use. I also hit some cyber cafes and they had computers to use at no cost. The only trouble we had was that there must be a cache every 1/2 mile in Utah and it took us 2 weeks to get thru that state ;) If we hit ALL the caches on the routes we would still be on the road~not REALLY a bad idea!! :P