glennk721 Operation Spreading Sunshine !

glennk721

I didn't realize that I was supposed to drop the coin today, I thought it was supposed to happen next week. I will get the coin moving tomorrow...sorry!

Greetings, No problem at all :blink: . Today was the "start" of the coin drops . They will contine untill they are all in a cache, not to have anyone person start the "race" with a huge head start for the "fun" part. To me having a coin in a cache in every State and traveling the World is most rewarding, and the support that was shown here by all :)

I have several that still have to be "grabbed" from me to be in folks hands. I know of one coin that was recieved today and was mailed with the others at the start of the mission in the States, while others made it around the world . Go no !!

I would like to thank "everyone" who was able to "drop" a coin today, Reading the starting logs was quite rewarding. many great photos , logs , and much interesting reading :)

Good luck to all and many thanks go out :)

#5 New Mexico!

Hey... I dropped #5 in Illinois yesterday.... what gives? Are there 2 # 5's??

~J

Greetings. No indeed there is not. If you look at the Blazing Sun Micros in my profile there is only ONE number 5. Perhaps NM was State #5, off to do some hunting about this. Thanks for the note here.

EDIT:: Yes NM was State #5 all is good :)

1 Alaska - scobey

2 Texas - HiDude_98

3 California - rivercity

4 Montana

5 New Mexico

There also was a bit of confusion with coins being moved along by the folks who dropped them, emails sent, and I have made a note to the coin and given miles, Guess some startup hick-ups. Doing my best to keep tabs on each coin.

Unless there is very small margin these small miles, drops will not account for much, and if they do there will be some runner-ups in the final contest so no one has feelings hurt :blink:

Glenn

Edited by glennk721

#20 Maine was moved to a 2nd cache on 6/9, but the mileage still shows zero. :D

Greetings. I just checked the coin and re-calculated milage it has traveled

Tracking History (8.2mi)

Perhaps Groundspeak is slow to update, I will take this into coin-cideration when tabulating final distances, Cheers, Glenn :D

GRRRRR. . . Nobody has picked up my coin, yet! :(

How do you get the word out so people will pick up the coin? <_<

Hello. It's a long road ahead to the last day of September. It shows in "inventory" of a cache when people look that cache page up and go on the "hunt" No fears it will move, then you and I may 'watch" it.

Good Luck with it's travels , Glenn :)

Morgan's Marauders. Thank you ! :)

Glenn, I need an email to a cacher. The #2 coin has been grabbed out of the cache, but they have not logged it out. They posted a note on the cache that they have it. I have offered help and instructions on logged and geocoins. They are new. I hope they do not think this coin is for keeps.

Might be a short start and end for Indiana's coin. :)

Coin #2 Indiana

They posted a note about having the coin, I will also write them a quick email , lets have hopes they move it along. Glenn

Edited by glennk721

#41 was picked up today and not logged out. Sent email to person who picked it up. Have not heard back from them. They intend to drop it next weekend. Might need an email from you Glenn to log it out properly.

Thanks for the note Arne, Will shoot off a quick emal see if I can help out. Glenn

#36 was moved again today! Mileage hasn't updated on the coin's page yet. Does that take a bit of time, or does Glenn have to "recalculate distance" each time? If so, you're going to be a busy man, Glenn! B)

Miles were updated, As stated in a prior post, I will recalculate miles on the last day of September (guess I will be busy that day) :angry: and take all movement into coin-cideration. Glenn B)

76.1mi SW

I'M SICK!!!! I decided to check the cache I had put my coin in (#24) because I didn't notice any movement since I originally placed it on June 9th. Much to my dismay, the coin was gone! No one signed the log after me. I couldn't believe it. I certainly hope it is just someone who hasn't logged it, but since no one signed the log, my gut tells me, my coin is gone. If it appears, I will keep you posted. For now, I am just sick and depressed. :P:D:(:P;):P:P:):):D:D:D:D:D:DB):sad:

I'M SICK!!!! I decided to check the cache I had put my coin in (#24) because I didn't notice any movement since I originally placed it on June 9th. Much to my dismay, the coin was gone! No one signed the log after me. I couldn't believe it. I certainly hope it is just someone who hasn't logged it, but since no one signed the log, my gut tells me, my coin is gone. If it appears, I will keep you posted. For now, I am just sick and depressed. :D:P:D;):P:P:):):D:D:D:D:D:DB):sad::(

Hello, This happens with travelers sometimes and yes it's sad but not to be upset :P . It will be my pleasure to send you a new coin. I have your address, so be on the lookout for a replacment coin to continue in this race/cointest, and if the original Operation Sunshine coin shows up that's all good as well . Just means another coin in a cache for people to enjoy. Glenn

I'M SICK!!!! I decided to check the cache I had put my coin in (#24) because I didn't notice any movement since I originally placed it on June 9th. Much to my dismay, the coin was gone! No one signed the log after me. I couldn't believe it. I certainly hope it is just someone who hasn't logged it, but since no one signed the log, my gut tells me, my coin is gone. If it appears, I will keep you posted. For now, I am just sick and depressed. :o<_<:unsure::unsure::blink::ph34r::huh::(:(:huh::o:(:(:sad::sad::sad::sad:

Hello, This happens with travelers sometimes and yes it's sad but not to be upset :o . It will be my pleasure to send you a new coin. I have your address, so be on the lookout for a replacment coin to continue in this race/cointest, and if the original Operation Sunshine coin shows up that's all good as well . Just means another coin in a cache for people to enjoy. Glenn

Hi Glenn,

I hate to bother you when you are not feeling well, but I just wanted to let you know I have not heard anything back about that coin! I'll keep you posted if I do.

As far as sending another coin- YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! Thanks, I'll keep a look out for it, but don't worry about sending it anytime soon. Just when you are feeling better and have some free time. No hurry. You are the best, Glenn.

I hope some of that sunshine is falling down on you and lifting your spirits. :)