glennk721 Operation Spreading Sunshine !

glennk721

Glenn,

From what I have read, we are to write a mission to go with our coin before we send it out into the wild. Is that correct?

How will we be able to see where our coin has gone?

Thank you for thinking of this creative mission. It is such a cool idea! I am happy to be participating! :rolleyes::P:P

Thank you for taking the mission on :( Yes you may create a note to travel with the coin. It is encouraged. There is a earlier post that relates to this question. I will bring it to the top along with the race dates instructions again. etc..

How will we be able to see where our coin has gone?

You can add the coin to your "watch list" and you can see each time it is logged by someone after it's out of your hands. There are people watching many of the coins already, and the race has yet to start. ;)

Closer to the coin drop date I will post this thread again with information related to the mission, as well as each coins page will be notated as well. There are still many a coin that need to be "grabed" from me, to be able to drop the coins.

Glenn.

I thought I had read mention of drilling the coin to attach a tag, is this OK by you?

Hi Dennis. yes a hole is ok. These are meant to travel, you may do as you wish. It's a small coin so a small hole will do :blink:

A note to all, I had a busy weekend with renovations to home. I will get to a note on all coin's pages asap to reflect this mission, as well a link to this forum thread sorry for this delay, most definatly before the race, travels begin :(

If you have a coin, please "grab" it from me, the race is soon to start.

:( Great minds think alike! I drilled a hole, attached a brass tag and split ring keychain to the coin and soldered it (the split ring) so as to make it difficult to remove. I'll also try to get a pic tonite. :P

Tim, You can email it to me as well. I am going to place a generic pic on each page where no pic was requested :blink: . Lets hope these fit in a Micro cache to start :lol::(

Edited by glennk721

:( Great minds think alike! I drilled a hole, attached a brass tag and split ring keychain to the coin and soldered it (the split ring) so as to make it difficult to remove. I'll also try to get a pic tonite. :P

Tim, You can email it to me as well. I am going to place a generic pic on each page where no pic was requested :( . Lets hope these fit in a Micro cache to start :blink::lol:

I purposely attached small enough gear to ensure that it will fit in the appropriate container. In fact I plan on taking out the paper cutter and trim down the laminate even furter

:P Great minds think alike! I drilled a hole, attached a brass tag and split ring keychain to the coin and soldered it (the split ring) so as to make it difficult to remove. I'll also try to get a pic tonite. :P

Tim, You can email it to me as well. I am going to place a generic pic on each page where no pic was requested :lol: . Lets hope these fit in a Micro cache to start :blink::(

You have Mail! :P I'm hoping it'll fit in a micro, I may put a smaller split ring on it. :(

Looks like everybody's getting geared up. I was wondering if it's still possible for me to take Arkansas?

Hello, Thanks for the offer !, The extra coins were designated to go International after a week of trying to place one in each state, along with 6 others to make 10 international Spreading Sunshine mission coins. I'm fresh out of Sunshine at this point <_<

glennk721 Operation Spreading Sunshine International

Greetings. I have had 2 offers to place a coin in the missing States. I have one glitch , I ran out of Blazing Sun Micros as I wanted to launch the International Mission with some Sunshine . I still would like to accomplish the goal of a coin in every State if possible .

So. I have activated 4 Micro Sea Shells Other then Sunshines I could think of no better Micro to send from Florida :rolleyes:

I have the last post from SmartSapper to place a coin in Arkansas, (I will email you) , and a prior post from Team GPSaxophone to place a coin in Nebraska that I could track back (sorry if I missed someone in 6 pages)

This leaves 2 States that still could have a coin placed.

New Mexico

and

Delaware

If anoyone who is able to place a coin for me in these States, either a resident or if traveling I would appreciate the help. Please post up, and send a email yo operationsunshine at gmail dot com

Please "grab" a coin from me if it has arrived , Just one week till the drops can start ! :D

A run down on the mission time to start and details ::

This is a quest to place one Micro Geocoin in each one of the 50 States in a Micro cache (35mm Film can) .

Seeing that it's a Micro Geocoin, I would like to make Micro Caches more interesting for every Cacher across the States.

Lets have some fun while we are at it !

1) I will ask One person to accept a Geocoin to place for me into a Micro cache in your State, One of the 50 Geocoins.

2) I have only one coin for each State to send out.

3) I will mail you a glennk721 Operation Spreading Sunshine Traveler

By receiving and placing a Micro Geocoin from me, You are automatically entered into a CONTEST,

I would like to plan for the coin drops to be done the second week of June. Since April Showers (Hope we all get some) Bring May flowers growing through June and the summer months we will need the Blazing Sunshine Micros, to Spread Sunshine to help them grow !

And in this process travel in a Geocoin Race !

We all love the contest on the Forums, well here is one of mine. :D

The tracking of caches and miles will start the second week of June This is when you will have to DROP your coin ! Then they will be tracked through the summer to the end of September (Last Day). By then the Sun will start to set early and the traveling contest will conclude !

This month to come will allow me time to get your addresses, and the coins to be sent through the postal system., So all should be ready to drop the Operation Spreading Sunshine Micro.

If you drop a coin for me you will be automatically entered into this contest !

Once you drop my coin sent coin, it's (out of your hands) The rest of it's travels will be for the cachers in the States where these coins end up to traveling.

But please keep us posted on the progress along the way in this thread !

The Coin with the most miles at the end of September will win 2 of my GeoTags being minted One in each finish

The Coin with the most caches at the end of September will win 2 of my GeoTags being minted One in each finish.

SILVERTAG1.jpg

Thanks , Glenn

Edited by glennk721

Greetings. I have had 2 offers to place a coin in the missing States. I have one glitch , I ran out of Blazing Sun Micros as I wanted to launch the International Mission with some Sunshine . I still would like to accomplish the goal of a coin in every State if possible .

So. I have activated 4 Micro Sea Shells Other then Sunshines I could think of no better Micro to send from Florida :rolleyes:

I have the last post from SmartSapper to place a coin in Arkansas, (I will email you) , and a prior post from Team GPSaxophone to place a coin in Nebraska that I could track back (sorry if I missed someone in 6 pages)

This leaves 2 States that still could have a coin placed.

New Mexico

and

Delaware

If anoyone who is able to place a coin for me in these States, either a resident or if traveling I would appreciate the help. Please post up, and send a email yo operationsunshine at gmail dot com

Thanks , Glenn

i sent an email to an NM cacher that i know... maybe he'll contact you

SmartSapper, your package will ship tomorrow, Thanks !

The Justice League of NM, Could you please send a email to operationsunshine at gmail dot come with your mailing address, Thanks to everyone for your help with this project :D

Should prove to be fun to watch the travels.

50 States, and 10 Internantionl Missions as well :rolleyes: Good luck to all !

This is grand

Glenn

SmartSapper, your package will ship tomorrow, Thanks !

The Justice League of NM, Could you please send a email to operationsunshine at gmail dot come with your mailing address, Thanks to everyone for your help with this project :D

Should prove to be fun to watch the travels.

50 States, and 10 Internantionl Missions as well :rolleyes: Good luck to all !

This is grand

Glenn

you may inspire me to do my own 50 state/ + international project! because it would be fun to watch them travel!!

~tasia~

It's so very much more then that alone. The contacts with everone through this project/process have been wonderful, great vibes, people having fun, a bit of a race tossed in for fun. many a friend made along the way as well. Very Rewarding :D

This will not be my last project of this nature either :rolleyes: Health, life issues keep me from caching as I wish, but this community gives so much to me, it's my small way of returning the kindness to the community and cachers across the U.S.A and abroad.

Glenn

Quick note I have all but one state remaining that needs a coin drop

If anyone can place a coin in Delaware , that would complete all 50 :D

Also each coin page now has a Photo of a Blazing Sun Micro, with text on the image in referance to this mission.

In the next few days will add a text note to all pages. Thanks again to all that have excepted a coin to drop in a state for me.

Glenn

Hello to all . I am sorry for not being online and updating this mission thread had some personal issues step in the way.

All coin pages for the States have been updated to reflect the mission, I have to just place a note on the International travelers pages The coin drops can start June 9th - the 16th. There were 2 coins dropped early , they do not have any miles and or any miles before the 9th will not count toward the final tabulation.

My ultimate goal was to have these coin placed in every State, With your help this was possible, and I thank you all ;) Be it that folks that may come across these coins in the wild while caching and not know about this mission and just "find" a coin they may indeed travel out of the given State this is beyond anyones control . No one will be held accountable in any negative way if this happens, this is a mission that should be taken as a fun experiance for all involved.

As stated it was my goal to Spread Sunshine to every State and with your help that will be accomplished.

To answer some questions that have come up . Yes you may insert a mission card with the traveler.

Once the coin is out of your hands from the drop, you must depend on others in your State to move it along.

If there are any other questions please post up.

The coin dropping shall soon start, (the 9th) and beyond, good luck to all. Thank you for your efforts and I hope all enjoy this project/mission/race, Fondly, Glenn

One last thing I will be adding a link to each coin page to this thread in the forums. It was my oversite when adding the note to all the pages. :anibad:

This is a quest to place one Micro Geocoin in each one of the 50 States in a Micro cache (35mm Film can) .

Quick clarification question - the micro cache I have my eye on is a bonafide micro but not a 35mm film can. Is this okay for the initial drop? Thanks, Glenn.

Hello, yes indeed, Even if folks can not find a micro cache in the area, a standard cache would be AOK ;) Would like to start them in a micro cache to start the travels, but life is not always perfect :anibad:

arrived safely today thanks............

there arent any micros in my area sorry we are short of them here being out in the country. we have a couple but they are just pill holder size

Glad to know they are arriving overseas :anibad: Tonight I will update the International Coin pages and the thread, hope all have great fun ahead, Glenn ;)

Glad to know they are arriving overseas :D Tonight I will update the International Coin pages and the thread, hope all have great fun ahead, Glenn :D

Thanks Glenn for giving us a chance to be in the International Coin part of this great project! :D

And thanks for clearing up the matter of starting it in a micro - I think they must be rarer here than in the US and the only one anywhere near me would be too small for the coin.

As it'll be the 9th here before it is in the US, we can get a head start . . . but I suppose we'll have to finish before you too! :D

Bunya Today, 07:02 PM Post #282

Thanks Glenn for giving us a chance to be in the International Coin part of this great project!

And thanks for clearing up the matter of starting it in a micro - I think they must be rarer here than in the US and the only one anywhere near me would be too small for the coin.

As it'll be the 9th here before it is in the US, we can get a head start . . . but I suppose we'll have to finish before you too!

My pleasure !

Greetings. All coin pages have been updated with the Operation Sunshine Mission, State side and International, also my sig line contaings the link to all coins in this mission including the supplement Sea Shell coins, last thing for me to do is update a link to this thread.

For anyone who has not recieved a coin as of yet they are in transit and the drop will continue this week to come the 9th for everyone ! And run untill the last day in September.

If you have a coin from me and have yet to "grab" it please do and get ready to make a coin drop this week !

What you folks must do, get ready to drop your coin in hand, after the 9th of June and the mission starts :D

Thanks to everone who has excepted a traveler for me. Glenn :D

EDIT Time frame of drop to include late arrivals of coins.

Edited by glennk721

I finally grabbed #11 today. Sorry about not doing it sooner. My net has been down hill for about a week or so. No worries, it's better now. I will be placing mine tomorrow or the next day. I will have to look and see if I can find a good Micro for it or if I need to place one for it. Thanks for letting me have Oklahoma's!

Thanks for letting me have Oklahoma's

Your quite welcome, Thanks for excepting a traveler from me :D

Well Operation Spreading Sunshine has started International as it's tomorrow in some of these locations :blink:

Ready , Set, Go tomorrow for everyone in the U.S.A and International time zones on the date of the 9th of June Thanks to all who have made this possible. :rolleyes:

Only 1 coin has negative miles, to start as it was one of 3 coins dropped early, so far all have ZERO miles with the exception of Operation Spreading Sunshine #13 with a whopping negative 12.2mi :D

Good luck to all. Glenn

Edited by glennk721
Well Operation Spreading Sunshine has started International as it's tomorrow in some of these locations :rolleyes:

It certainly is - 9am Saturday 9 June here as I post this and my coin has been placed. :blink:

Though I'm not the first - I see a New Zealander got in ahead of me! :D

My hands are ichin' and my feet are rarin' to go. I've got a micro picked out to find tomorrow morning-I just hope I can find it and I hope it is big enough to drop this coin!

Can't wait!

Thanks Glenn for your generousity and for creating this idea and contest. :rolleyes:

Out bright and early this morning to place #24 into Ground Hog Find micro cache. Hopefully this will be the beginning of many caches and many miles to spread the sunshine around the state of Maryland. :anitongue:

So come on Marylanders~hit the trail and hide that micro! :rolleyes::anitongue:

Again, thanks Glenn for the awesome idea and the challenge. :rolleyes: